The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 5,668 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3025

@freedomwriter76

Woops. Sorry I didn’t see you had answered about Germans being bad guys. I just wanted to ask cuz I’ve seen it forgotten that heroes can some times be of the enemies blood.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@rae You’re good! I’ve noticed the same, and that’s why I have several Germans that are good. 😄

I almost cried at Hans story. I already love him!!! By the way, my great grandfather was named Hans Ulrich Eisele so the name hits close to home. He also was a soldier in WW2.

Aww, that means a lot!! <3

Girll, that’s so cool!! (i know I’ve already said that before, but oh well XD)

Wow.

I love that story 😭 such a sympathetic antagonist…and ughhhh, i feel so bad for him already

I LOVE IT!!!

I soo hope everyone forgives each other tho 🥺

RAE
        @rae

@freedomwriter76

I soo hope everyone forgives each other tho 🥺

It’s late, and I always brainstorm before sleeping cuz especially when I was younger I had a hard time getting to sleep. I basically made up my own bedtime stories. I met my greatest characters late night or technically early in the morning i.e. midnight XD. So tonight’s project:

Can Alpha forget and forgive?

Oof, that might be a couple months of brainstorming at night. It’s already been plagueing me for four months!

Alpha, you drive me insane!

Good night:)

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@savannah_grace2009

Imma respond over here so we don’t clutter the party lol

I’m doing…okay, I guess. thanks for asking!

Np!  🙂

It’s hard for me to force myself to be social, especially with people who I have nothing in common with and who think I’m a little mentally insane because of how much I write (which they might be right…). I’ll talk to myself while I’m writing in class and stuff, so…yeah.

yeah, I get that. I live in a fairly small town, and it’s hard to find people like me. Idk where this comes from, but I’ve noticed this thing among young people where it isn’t cool to be super passionate about something. I think it is, and I have no idea where this thing came from. I tend to think that if other people think you’re weird, it’s there problem not yours. Ofc it’s normal to have some acquaintances and friends and you don’t want to be scaring people away, but you can’t control how other people react to you. It’s been a lot better for me now that I’m in college. People just… don’t care as much. Everyone loves there thing, whether it be goth aesthetic, a particular band, or a any other obsession. People don’t judge as much as other circles I’ve been in. In particular there’s a lot more variety in college than in the christain circles I grew up in. That means you’re exposed to a lot of nasty too, but nothing you can’t filter out.

My family is REALLY BUSY. My little sister, she does gymnastics and competes in meets and stuff. So she and my mom and brother (who does taekwondo) doesn’t get home from that until almost 8pm! I don’t get home from school and volleyball practice until about 6-7:30, so as an introvert, all I want to do at the end of the day is lock myself in my room and write, lol. And then my family gets kind of mad because I spend a lot of time on my computer when I could be making the most of our short time together. I know they’re right, I do need to learn to push past being tired and worn out and show love to people, but it’s SO HARD! Writing’s also my way of coping with not getting to be with my family as much as I would like. I kind of have my own little “friend group/family” of characters in my WIP. Non writers will NEVER understand, lol.

Wow, you have a lot on your plate.

I cope with my loneliness by writing too, and have on a couple occasions… maybe used one of my characters as a imaginary friend when I was scared/ needed a distraction 😝 not something I do a lot but I kinda wish they could become real and root for me. So yeah I really get that. If you’re too worn out to interact with your family, maybe you should change something. Making yourself more tired to have fun with your family doesn’t seem like a good solution to me. If you can both compromise, it’s better. What do you guys do on Saterdays and Sundays? Maybe you guys could always spend sunday afternoon as a family?

What makes it really hard, though, is my little sister who is very much an extrovert, and feels rejected when I need time alone. I love her and don’t want to hurt her feelings, but I also need time alone, or else I’ll snap at her or say hurtful things if I don’t have time to recharge and reset before I interact with people again. So it’s kind of hard for me, but listening to music and writing help a lot, as do reading the Bible.

Ok, that’s me and my sis. I’m a little sister, and my 2 year older sister was always so socially exhausted with school that she didn’t want to hang out with me afterwards. Covid did some great things for our relationship lol, because school was better for her at home.

I know during that time what would have made me feel better about it is if she set aside some time just for me. Like maybe if she made a effort to do something with me on the weekends, I wouldn’t have felt so left out. We were lucky that my mom understood the situation and how much of a introvert my sister was, and how school was a struggle for her, so she took the time to explain it to me. I still felt a bit sore but I understood. Idk how old your sister is, but you might want to tell her how you feel so tired and it’s nothing personal, but when you’re in that state it’s hard to interact meaningfully. I don’t want to put words in your mouth, whatever you think is accurate to your situation.

Sorry, that was a lot of me talking about myself, lol.

It’s totally fine! 🙂 I asked, afterall XD

How are you?

I’m doing a little different everyday lol. My health problems have been keeping me at home, so I haven’t been doing as many activities, which makes me feel left out. The more I don’t socialize, the more anxious I get about it. Anyways it’s been better the last few days so I’m ok.

one of the current issues is figuring out where I will live and when. It would be nice to be out of our dysfunctional house early, but that costs money and my dad doesn’t have a job, due to his health condition we can’t get diagnosed. It’s a slippery slope… yeah.

What I could really use prayer about right now is fear though. My dad wants my sister and I to be safe, but his way of doing that growing up was to make me scared of bad things in the world. It’s really bad, and one of the lasting effects of his way of parenting, the thing that’s hardest to forgive him for. It’s hard to forgive him for it because fear has so drastically changed the way I live. I’m on edge a lot. Everyone seems like they could be a threat. I mean, I’m just kinda scared and defensive, and I can’t trust my own intuition, even though it’s quite alright when my mind is clear. I’ve been taught that the world is out to get me (with some imagery of things that could happen to me that has been placed in my mind, yeah that replays every now and then) and that I’m not allowed to be afraid because fearful people get taken advantage of. It feels… terrible. I wish I could relay on my dad, wish that he made me feel safe sooo bad, it’s something we all need. My mental health only feeds off of all these things.

Sometimes I get this feeling of just wanting to float off into a void and be senseless to escape the fears and worries of my own mind. Idk if that makes sense. I haven’t been in a place like that for over a year, so it’s a little sad to see it come back. It’s harder to feel safe without my sister here at home.

A lot of my story revolves around people relaying on safe friends, and I think that’s my way of coping. When I’m scared, I think about how great Layson’s family will be in the 4th book, and how his daughter Maylee will feel loved and protected.

So yeah… that’s how I’m doing. Thanks for asking 😊

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@grcr

Cool! Yeah, digital art is extremely hard without a tablet and pen of some kind ;(

へびは かっこいい です!

Fernweh_Grace
              @fernweh_grace
                • Total Posts: 70

I’m a bit late to the party, but my great-grandpa would drop food and supplies to troops from airplanes in WW2. He just turned 100 years old this year and he’s still going strong. (:

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009
                  • Total Posts: 1992

@mineralizedwritings

What I could really use prayer about right now is fear though. My dad wants my sister and I to be safe, but his way of doing that growing up was to make me scared of bad things in the world. It’s really bad, and one of the lasting effects of his way of parenting, the thing that’s hardest to forgive him for. It’s hard to forgive him for it because fear has so drastically changed the way I live. I’m on edge a lot. Everyone seems like they could be a threat. I mean, I’m just kinda scared and defensive, and I can’t trust my own intuition, even though it’s quite alright when my mind is clear. I’ve been taught that the world is out to get me (with some imagery of things that could happen to me that has been placed in my mind, yeah that replays every now and then) and that I’m not allowed to be afraid because fearful people get taken advantage of. It feels… terrible.

Aww, you’re going through a lot!!! I’m so sorry…and I’ll be praying <3

So yeah I really get that. If you’re too worn out to interact with your family, maybe you should change something. Making yourself more tired to have fun with your family doesn’t seem like a good solution to me. If you can both compromise, it’s better. What do you guys do on Saterdays and Sundays? Maybe you guys could always spend sunday afternoon as a family?

Saturdays and Sundays are the best! Sundays and Wednesday nights are our family days. Saturdays we usually spend together, but my dad is a farmer so he’s out working monday through saturday, and I usually have volleyball. So yeah, sundays are great!

My sister is 11. She’s still at that stage where all she wants to do is play and pretend and make up gymnastics routines where I would just like to sit and hang out and do “teenager stuff” I guess. What makes it hard though is that we have NOTHING in common!

Oh yeah, my town is SUPER small, with a population of 500! I was always kind of isolated when I was homeschooled because we lived in the country. When I went to public school at age ten it was hard because I had never been around kids very much and couldn’t pick up on social cues and expected everyone to be nice and sunshine and roses. All the kids in my school seem to care about only sports. If you aren’t athletic, they don’t want you there. At least, that’s the feeling I get from them. Writings also been the “one thing” I’m good at, besides academics. People at school don’t care if you’re smart and think you’re worthless if you can’t help them win a game of basketball or sprint the fastest or win a game. It’s really sad, but the good thing is it has made me cling to my writing and not care what others think. It’s HARD though!

Though I do have some good friends at church, and I always look forward to Sunday mornings! Church has been my safe place and it’s like my second family!

I hope things get better….   I’ll be praying! ❤️

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@savannah_grace2009

Thank you for the prayers girl!

Oof 11 and no much in common sounds rough. I became close to my sister once we were both in the teenage phase XD.

You can do something ou don’t like for a little while, and she might appreciate it if you played pretend with her for even like 40 minutes. Honestly though when I was wanting to play pretend and my sister wasn’t into it (She grew up kinda fast for her age) I’m not sure I truly understood it wasn’t going to work until I was older. Having two family nights seems like you guys are doing really good for all the activities you do, if you’re wanting more I’m not sure how you’ll get that without dropping something lol.

I did feel hurt by my sister not playing with me when she grew out of it, but I understand it now, hopefully your sister ill be able to too.

Goodness, population of 500??! My local highschool has 2000 students! I can’t even imagine! XD

All the kids in my school seem to care about only sports. If you aren’t athletic, they don’t want you there. At least, that’s the feeling I get from them. Writings also been the “one thing” I’m good at, besides academics. People at school don’t care if you’re smart and think you’re worthless if you can’t help them win a game of basketball or sprint the fastest or win a game.

Ouch, that’s rough. I wouldn’t try to be friends with people who don’t care about you though. If they don’t care and won’t care because they think you’re odd, you’ll just have to try to find a place where people value what you do. There’s nothing wrong with liking sports, but good friends/acquaintances are able to value others interests the same as their own, even if it’s boring to them. I don’t like basketball, but if somebody was really excited to tell me about there last game, I would at least pretend to be interested and maybe ask a question or two, it’s polite. Maybe you’ll live their for a lot longer, but the rest of the world is reaaaally not like that from my experience. As you go more places you’ll see there’s more variety, and the things that make you odd there might be your strongsuit somewhere else. If you’re hanging out with the right people 😝 so keep writing 🙂 It sounds really hard, I’m glad you’re getting through it though! So thankful you have good friends at church. <3

へびは かっこいい です!

Sara
                    @savannah_grace2009
                      • Total Posts: 1992

@mineralizedwritings

Yeah, it’s really small! and 500 is just the population of the town! There’s 12 kids in my class and 120 kids K-12!!!!! It’s kind of crazy compared to some where the graduating class is like 600. There were 6 seniors last year!

You can do something ou don’t like for a little while, and she might appreciate it if you played pretend with her for even like 40 minutes. Honestly though when I was wanting to play pretend and my sister wasn’t into it (She grew up kinda fast for her age) I’m not sure I truly understood it wasn’t going to work until I was older. Having two family nights seems like you guys are doing really good for all the activities you do, if you’re wanting more I’m not sure how you’ll get that without dropping something lol.

Yeah, I agree, I do need to learn to do things I don’t like. It’s hard because I don’t know her that well to know what she would like to do, and she’s indecisive so when I ask her, “Hallie, what do you want to do today?” she’ll say, “I don’t know, what do you want to do today?” so we just sit there, lol. So yeah, it’s interesting. But I think we’re growing closer, and I’ve been praying about it.

uch, that’s rough. I wouldn’t try to be friends with people who don’t care about you though. If they don’t care and won’t care because they think you’re odd, you’ll just have to try to find a place where people value what you do. There’s nothing wrong with liking sports, but good friends/acquaintances are able to value others interests the same as their own, even if it’s boring to them. I don’t like basketball, but if somebody was really excited to tell me about there last game, I would at least pretend to be interested and maybe ask a question or two, it’s polite. Maybe you’ll live their for a lot longer, but the rest of the world is reaaaally not like that from my experience. As you go more places you’ll see there’s more variety, and the things that make you odd there might be your strongsuit somewhere else. If you’re hanging out with the right people 😝 so keep writing 🙂 It sounds really hard, I’m glad you’re getting through it though! So thankful you have good friends at church. <3

Well, that’s great it won’t last forever XD and I agree, the people in my class love drama and sports and stuff, so I wouldn’t want to be close with them anyway.

Thanks for the converstation! <3

Lukas&Livia
                      #Lalbert
                      Sef&Chase
                      #HOTTOLINE
                      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@savannah_grace2009

You’re welcome, great chatting with you! <3

I prayed about my relationship with my sister too, and it got so much better. <3 it’s definitely the best solution

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 8156

@fernweh_grace whattt? No way!!!

That is amazing!!!! 🤩🤩

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Total Posts: 3875

@whalekeeper ik this was an old conversation but I watched all three guardians of the galaxy films several weeks ago and they were great!! I agree that Rocket’s backstory was really well done (so sad the way he lost his friends!!)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

RAE
                            @rae

@freedomwriter76 @anyone

THE CONCLUSION OF GRATHMERE…

His son, his only living son, lay dying in his arms. So powerful was he, but he could not even save his son. A slit of red appeared under Alpha’s black lashes, his eyes were slightly open.

“You did this. It was your people, your allies who have done this.” The once strong voice of Alpha had been reduced to but a quiet whisper. Grathmere shook his head, doing his best to treat what he could of his son’s wounds.

“No, I would never kill you. Pain you, but never kill you, never.” Alpha sank into the fur cloak Grathmere had laid him on. His eyes closed, his mind focusing off the pain and on his father’s statement. After what seemed an eternity, he answered more quietly than before,

“Yes, yes, that is not a lie.” Grathmere laid his cold hand on the burning forehead. A chill ran down Alpha’s spine at the touch, but he was too weak to resist.

“Rest. You will live even if it means my blood.” The red eyes of his son opened slightly before closing again. After some minutes, his body relaxed, and he breathed more deeply.

His father hung over his sleeping form. A drop of water fell and burst on the paled skin. More followed.

The Emperor of much of the Galaxy cried, sobbed, for the first time in many ages. From the strength of a thousand, he was reduced to a powerless weeping father over a dying son.

There was but one hope for this half Nameless Thing child to live, and that was on the Planet of Origins, Wond. Scooping up the form on the furred cape to rest in his arms, Grathmere sent out for the last hope for his son…

Alpha painfully opened his eyes to find himself not in a desolate wasteland lying on a fur cloak. Not with his worste enemy hovering over him. Not with pain closing in all sides. Not with darkness suffocating him. But a comfortable wide room, calmly lit with soft yellow light. Birds chirped outside of a large window by his bed, curtains slightly shifted in a little breeze. Sweet scents like those of a lavender filled the room, calming him.

He attempted to rise, but a fair long-fingered hand stopped him. It was then that he became aware of an elf seated by his side opposite of the window. His eyes were like the fresh field in spring, his hair was long and curled in wild, gold curls. His clean chin was pointed, as well as his nose. His skin was pale, except a strip of tan over the bridge of his nose and tops of his cheeks.

“Do want to cause more pain than you’ve already gone through?” His voice was like a brook, flowing and musical. Alpha relaxed, and felt for the pendant his friend had given him many years ago. He almost panicked when he only found a soft woven collar to his new loose elven clothes. He sat up in alarm before the hand could stop him, and laid back into his pillow again as a sharp pain stabbed his chest like a dagger up to the hilt.

“Where is the pendant!” His own voice surprised him, more like that of his quiet young brother-by-adoption than his.

“This?” The elf touched something that hung low down over his heart on a sleek chain. Alpha touched it, feeling the shape of his last memento of her. He relaxed back deep into his pillow, nodding slowly.

“What happened? Why am I here? Where is here?”

“You are on Wond. More precisely on a small mountainous island off of the Snake Head. You are here so that you may live. Though, if you live or not, you will never be he same.” Alpha let his eyes close and sighed, falling back into the darkness and relief from which he came.

Shall continue soon…

RAE
                              @rae

@freedomwriter76

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

**Me dying inside cuz I spent an hour typing the end of Grathmere’s story and it wouldn’t post**

Anyway, attempt NO. 2 shall appear soon, just give me another hour…**groans**

RAE
                                @rae

@freedomwriter76 @anyone

CONTINUED FROM EARLIER…

Two elves bore Alpha upon a stretcher into a cell, where Grathmere was held. Carefully, they set him down, and exited the cell. Alpha glanced at his father before staring at ceiling of an unidentifiable type of stone.

Grathmere was in his normal elven like form, with fiery eyes and ashen skin. His black hair, as black as darkness, was perfect despite the many chains.
                                  “Alpha, are you alright?” The voice, friendly and in a warm tone, held memories of the touch of unbearable ice. A chill ran down Alpha’s spine.

“I live.” Grathmere looked at his son. He longed that he could burst from the stretcher he lay upon, and be the warrior he was. Even if he killed Grathmere in his chains. Just so he could see the energetic young one he always saw. But he knew Alpha was to weak.
                                  Will you live?” Alpha thought for a moment here answering in his quiet tone,
                                  “I feel worse than when I first awoke among the elves, but I feel better than when I was at your feet. I think I will live. And you? You are held by chains, captured by people easily crushable. You will pass on an we will meet again at the battlefield, a—” Alpha’s voice wavered and he was thrown into a fit of coughs, that noticeably hurt him. He didn’t continue his statement.
                                  Grathmere didn’t say anying for some minutes.
                                  “I know I haven’t been what you would call a father but…I always have loved you Alpha.” The pained father waited for some last words in reply, good or bad, that he could remember forever. But none came.
                                  Soon the elves came in again and bore Alpha away, leaving Grathmere alone.

The elf in front glanced over his shoulder down at the sick man halfbreed, as they walked through the bright halls again.
                                  “Do you love your father?”
                                  “Do not call him my father. He does not love me, nor I him.” The words rasped out.
                                  “He loves you, otherwise, why would he give his life for you?”
                                  “What?”
                                  “Has no one told you? Grathmere has traded his life to us as long as he saw you alive and could talk to you one last time. He dies tomorrow, under the branches of an ancient tree. It is in view of your window.” Alpha was stunned, Grathmere really did love him.
                                  Alpha awoke, aroused by noice outside. The elf that usually sat by his bed, was not there.
                                  There was a crowd of elves outside his open window and the word upon there lips was that of his father’s name.
                                  ‘No, not already.’
                                  Alpha had to do something, he had found his father he could not loose him. Rolling on his side, he rolled again towards the window. Pain shot through his entire body as be hit the floor.
                                  There he lay, recovering his breath and strength, before pulling himself up to the low window sill.
                                  Just as the elf had told him yesterday, Grathmere kneeled in chains under a great and twisted tree. A blade was being prepared to cut his throat as a crowd watched.
                                  No.’
                                  The blade was set to Grathmere’s throat. Alpha pulled himself up the frame of the windowsill.
                                  “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
                                  There was a great roar, unlike any the elves had ever heard before. Unlike any Grathmere had heard in ages. It was a cry of his people. It was like the word ‘no’ but unlike any word.
                                  All turned to a being leaning heavily on the window frame within sight of the tree, just straightening as if rising from the ground. A being unlike any they had seen before.
                                  He was Alpha, and yet not. He was Grathmere, and yet not. He was elven, and yet not.

He was clothed with the loose clothes of the elves, light green in color and a pendant glowed radiant white over his heart.
                                  Alpha had become a Nameless Thing.
                                  With a booming, thunderous voice, he shouted over the crowd. As if a spell, the blade was dropped, and the chains around Grathmere loosened, trembled, cracked, and broke.
                                  With a smile towards his son, Grathmere shape shifted into a winged creature and flew into the sky even out of elven sight.
                                  As the wings disappeared from sight, Alpha lost all his remaining strength, and fell from the window sill, landing in the arms of blackness and forgetfulness once again.

If you want my opinion, it’s not as good as before, I was on a role then. At least it’s a start.

There are still some kinks and now I have to save Alpha from the elves, but that can be worried about later.

Grathmere will retire to a sucluded planet and live a while happy that he can call both his children his own. Either he will kill himself or get executed, but that’s years ahead of now.

Just cuz he’s now made up with his son, doesn’t mean he’s not a bad guy, He’ll still hate my Realn.

What do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 5,668 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >