Tell Me About Your WIP!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Tell Me About Your WIP!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

@r-m-archer, I would pretty much agree with that period I always try to have a good reason to kill a character.
      (Also—I’m an 8w7 8-5-4 tritype. 🙃)

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer
        • Total Posts: 243

@e-k-seaver That’s super close to my mom’s type! She just has 3 instead of 4. 🙂

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Elizabeth
        @lewilliams
          • Total Posts: 252

@r-m-archer Whoa!! The Enneagram is much more complex than I was led to believe–I love it! Thank you for the book recommendation, and for sharing your knowledge–I had no idea tri-types were a thing. (Well, I think I’d heard of them, but didn’t really understand how it worked.) How do you go about figuring out one’s tri-type? Other than reading and researching about them, I mean. I went back and looked at my Enneagram test results (which I know aren’t the most accurate things in the world, but hey) and thought maybe the top three types I scored might be my tri-type? But they’re not from three different triads, so I suppose not. *shrug*

Anyway, pardon the ramble. Just out of curiosity, do you know what your stronger wing is? Also, heh, I thought I was a 5 as well. Boy oh boy was I wrong about that. 😛

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j
            • Total Posts: 1789

@e-k-seaver *rocks on her heels, humming softly* Not beating people up is not fun.

Wow. Bless your heart, honey.

Fifteen, actually. (So by “random teenage boys” I mean guys my age who may or may not weigh less than I do who actually are very nice and are terrified of “hurting” girls. When you have to beg someone to wrestle you, you know it’s bad.)

Good for you, girl! About the outsmarting…definitely not the hurting part. (I totally mean the hurting part.)

Actually, I finally figured it out yesterday and finished the scene last night–and although nothing is blown-up (😪), someone’s life may or may not be ruined. If I hadn’t contemplated blowing something up, though, I wouldn’t have come up with my…er, slightly less violent solution.

And I’ll take whichever answer you’re most comfortable with. Why do I sense that’s the “slightly-over-dramatic-and-violent teenage girl answer”?

As for character killing…I’ve done that several times, actually. Usually, I kill the villain. (I mean, duh.) And I’ve killed off a not-villainous secondary character before (and brought him back to life, but that’s beside the point). But this go-round, I’ve killed off one secondary character (who I created for the soul purpose of killing him off and bringing the MC to tears), and I’m coming to the point where I kill the MC’s chi–person. I kill the person…just a person. No spoilers. Just a…regular, everyday person that won’t miss out on a great life and future and…stuff like that. *laughs nervously* Crisis avoided.

I’m not adverse to killing off characters, even though I’ve yet to kill off my MC or love interest yet (totally defeats the purpose of a not-tragic romance, right?), but I usually try to plan ahead and prepare myself. I did have a character (the murder victim) who was supposed to die from the get-go (he was also a terrible dude in general), but I couldn’t bring myself to just…let him go to hell, to be honest, so I may have had a come-to-Jesus moment before he died…and he still died. He’s just in heaven now.

I’ve also been known to have an excessive amount of characters who lose/have lost their babies, and although that’s not the same, the effect is still very powerful.

@r-m-archer
            Awesome! I love author interviews!!

The enneagram system is very interesting…I may have to start using it for my characters as well!

@whoever-had-been-asking-questions-about-WIPs I’m back on track and on schedule now, to be roughly 3/4 of the way done by the end of the year (it’s a long book, an estimated 160,000 words), so I’m pretty pumped about that!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

R.M. Archer
            @r-m-archer

@lewilliams Absolutely! 🙂 I don’t have any tips for finding your tri-type beyond research. 😛 There might be tests you can take that specifically include your tri-type? But I’m not sure.

I think my stronger wing is 8, though my mom might disagree and say it’s 1, lol. (My mom sees my 1 tendencies way more than I do, for some reason.) When I first started learning about the enneagram 1 was definitely the dominant wing, but as I’ve developed more of a willingness to speak up I’ve come to have more of an 8 wing. So they might actually be more-or-less balanced at this point, but… I think I have an 8 wing. XD

I’m wondering if one’s tri-type can shift over time. Because when I first started hearing about the enneagram, I had so much 5 that I thought it could be my core type (though it is decidedly not, lol). But now I see a lot less 5 and a lot more 7 (which wasn’t even on my list back then), so… I’m curious if your tri-type is permanently set or if it’s possible for it to shift somewhat. I haven’t gotten around to looking into that idea yet.

@gracie-j
              I’ve never done one before (not video, anyway), so I’m a little nervous, but I’m also super excited! I can’t wait to hear from these guys. ^-^

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@r-m-archer I did an interview through email just a week or so ago, and it is so much fun! Don’t be nervous at all! (Unless, of course, you’re doing the video in your pjs, then, yeah, you can be nervous. 😆)

R.M. Archer
                @r-m-archer

@gracie-j LOL. I’ve done blog interviews before, so I’m less worried about the actual interview aspect of it. It’s mostly the fact that it’s by video, so I’ll have to keep conversation moving, to a degree, instead of being able to just ask people a bunch of questions and then get their responses. XD

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@r-m-archer Ayyyy…I see your point now. Good luck!!

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j, you’re only fifteen? You look older in your profile picture. I assumed somewhere between eighteen and twenty.

You have ruined someone’s life? Yay! Congratulations!

*coughs* The best romances are the ones that one person dies in, book-wise. 😉

Oof. See, I don’t think I could write a character losing a baby. That’s heavy to a point I couldn’t reach. Heh.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver I keep getting that. (Last person said 24. I’ll take it.) But, yeah, just turned 15, actually. (I actually look more like 12-13 in real life.)

Thank you!! I know! I’m so happy! I love doing this! (Like, to the point of insanity and evil murderousness that freaks my family out.)

True. True. I just can’t make myself do that. I’m a HEA kind of girl–although I do have that one idea where the guy *coughs* may or may not *clears throat* die…in the end.

I’ve only done it in the context of “lost it in the past,” until this point. I don’t know how I’m going to write that particular part… Yeah. It’s tough.

E. K. Seaver
                        @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j, well, you act very maturely. (Ah, wonderful. I generally get between my real age and 25 in real life.)

Oof but yes, my family feels the same.

HEA? I end up killing love interests quite frequently.

Ahh. That’s rough.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver Thank you. I appreciate that.

Especially my sister.

Yeah…I noticed that. (It’s okay, Fl–*spoiler*! I wouldn’t have killed you!)

It is. But, then, I like making things difficult for my characters, so…

E. K. Seaver
                            @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j you are welcome. 🤣

Ooh same.

(*Grins*)

Aw.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver 😊

Gotta love the sisters, right?

*grins back*

*smirks maliciously* Oh what fun it is to make my babies miserable! Ooooohhhhh! Miserable! Miserable! Miserable all day! *laughs breathlessly* *sighs* That was a little excessive, wasn’t it?

E. K. Seaver
                                @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j
                                  Oh, yes. Of course.

*winks* Just a little.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >