Talking about are Fanfics

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Talking about are Fanfics

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,667 total)
  • Author
    TheShadow
    @theshadow
      • Total Posts: 305

@keilah-h

Im at the point where the team was disbanded and they’re getting back together. The court room scene was also fun.

Some of it’s derived from official media the developers of the actual game have put out over the years. The plot of the latter two-thirds or so are from a comic series they made

I think that’s cool that you were able to take that concept and write it!!

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4721

@theshadow cool! So you’re not at like the end of what I’ve written yet.

oh and thanks, I had fun translating the various comics and video transcripts into written form. In fact, I don’t know when I’ll be finished with the story because I still have to wait for the very last comic installment to be released, then I can read it over and decide whether the ending they have is fitting for my own story, then transcribe it (and rewrite it in a sci-fi format haha)

I’ve also started drawing illustrations, I have one of Huntress and Sniper at their first meeting (not the time she stabbed him lol, the first time they were on the same team) and I’m working on one of Scout and Medic at the “tumors” scene.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Smiley
        @smiley
          • Total Posts: 2210

@freed_and_redeemed

Love the fanfic and 1 have “No clue” who the girl is…  (;

Do me a favor…. Tell Cress I meant it
          -Thorne

Smiley
          @smiley

@keilah-h @freed_and_redeemed @mineralizedwritings @rae

just going to leave this here

Ferentari district of Bucharest, Romania 

The streets were crowded with people bustling around, a poor city full of life and she could feel it even through the cold wind that sent shivers down her thin limbs. Some looked mad but others seemed rather happy, and that made her smile, after all, if they could be cheery with how little they had then surely she could be too.

“We have it pretty good,” She thought out loud. “We have money and food, and friends.”

Carter had his arm around her shoulder and he guided her through a passing group of people. “We have a little money and sooner or later we won’t have any, which will also end our food supply, and we have one friend who happens to be a trainer killer.”

“Wow way to look at the negative,” Tessa replied with a frown. Carter was a great guy, and he happened to be her best friend and love of her life, but he was also a realist so he struggled with positivity.

Which is understandable when you’ve seen what he has seen.

“Thank you,” He faked a proud smile and squeezed her shoulder. He was also very snarky and was good at pretending to like everyone, despite his true hatred of humanity, this was why he was so good at undercover missions and how she fell for him.

They continued to walk for a bit until they found a newsstand, where an old man who was not happy sat, and a TV playing the biggest new station in Romania.

The news was usually boring to her but this had something to do with the famous Avengers, which piqued her interest.

“Well, no official arrest has been asked of Wanda Maximoff it is being highly discussed after the explosion.”

The two friends’ eyes were glued to the TV, the new station switching between clips of the accident. A few of them showed a man going up in the explosion.

“Carter!” Tessa gasped.

Carter didn’t move, didn’t say anything, and didn’t look at her. He simply watched the TV like it was the only thing worth looking at. Which she would’ve found offending except for this scenario since the guy going up in flames was Rumlow, his dad.

We bought a newspaper and Carter didn’t say anything the whole walk back, and when we got to the apartment he started doing the dishes, being as mute as mime.

“You know I heard plums are good for memory loss, we should buy some,” Tessa suggested, she and Bucky sitting at the small dining table.

Tessa had a strong hatred of reading, but for some reason, Carter and Bucky could both

read newspapers just fine. This was what Bucky was doing right now, he always read the headlines first and then checked the sports section, but Carter read the sports section first and then read the headlines.

It was good to know where their priorities were.

“Great so I could remember Christmas.”  He said it with no tone of voice but he was smiling to himself.

Bucky was serious… most of the time, but he had a kidding side that he brought out around her and Carter.

She scowled. “Fine keep living not knowing who you are, what do I care?” she was only teasing, of course, the truth was she did care, and if he didn’t buy plums then she would.

Tessa went back to reading her tabloid (the only thing she could read) while Carter set the washed dishes on the towel with a strong amount of force, luckily they were plastic.

All of them technically had their own apartment but two of them were just a room with a bed while Bucky’s had a kitchen so they all spent their time there. And chores were constantly dished out, and while it wasn’t his day to wash, no one was going to stop him either.

Bucky looked at her from the paper. “What’s with him?”

It was a small apartment so Carter was only a few feet away.

Tessa grabbed a notepad and wrote- “Rumlow dead. Carter angry.”  and slid it over to Bucky.

He read it, wrote something, and gave it back to her.

He wrote, “How?”.

So she wrote “Explosion, almost killed Cap.” and then handed it to him watching his eyebrows raise.

“You guys can stop writing about me.” They both looked up to see Carter hovering over them. “Rumlow’s dead, Cap’s alive, and I’m fine.”

Tessa stood up. “How can you be fine? Your dad is dead.”

Tessa didn’t have parents, they died when she was a baby and she had lived in a group home her whole childhood, but she knew a little bit about the relationship between parent and child and she knew it was a tie that was unbreakable, no matter how rough the relationship.

“Yeah my Dad, remember him? What he did to you-” He looked at Bucky. “Or what he did to you?”

Tessa felt goosebumps go around her arms, of course, she did, how could she forget his want to use her powers for his own will? But that didn’t change the argument.

“Carter-”

Carter scoffed, cutting Bucky off. “What?! You want to host a funeral, we’ll all say a few things, pretend like we all had good feelings about him? Cause I know I didn’t.” He took a breath. “The only thing I’m sad about is that I didn’t get to do it myself.”

Tessa blinked. “You don’t mean that you can’t mean that, no kid can say that.” she’d known Carter to get angry, but never to say something as strong as that, and to mean it.

“Well, I do.” Carter stormed out of the apartment and Tessa got ready to chase him but Bucky grabbed her arm.

“Don’t, he needs some space.” she knew he was right, but she hated to see Carter like this.

~*~

That evening there was a knock on Tessa’s door. She set down her magazine and slipped on a sweatshirt (a touristy one from Washington D.C) then opened the door.

Carter stood there, whole body shaking, his face showing pure pain.

“Carter…” She wrapped her arms around him and she suddenly realized that he was crying. Carter never cried, not many guys did, and she wasn’t sure what to do. So Tessa did what she found most polite, to ignore the crying and to hug him like a best friend, cause he was her best friend and he’d do the same any day.

After a few minutes, he left the embrace and looked at her. “I miss him Tess, and I hate myself for it.” He tried to slow his breathing and then looked down. “He was such a terrible person… and I should hate him.”

“But he’s your dad, no one can truly hate their Dad.”

“I’m not sure that’s true, but thanks.” Carter smiled at her. “I think you’re too good for this world Tess, and for me.”

“Well, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.” She smirked. “But it’s the thought that counts.”

He laughed, it was a short moment of joy, but it was enough to warm her. “Any chance you’re up for a late-night ice cream talk?”

Late-night ice cream talks were something they had been doing since the first week they meant, they’d go get ice cream or use what they had and talk about whatever was troubling them while eating way too much ice cream. It worked well cause no one could be that sad while eating ice cream.

Tessa smiled. “Sure,”

-Thorne

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@smiley ooh nice!! interesting character concepts.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheShadow
              @theshadow

@keilah-h

In fact, I don’t know when I’ll be finished with the story because I still have to wait for the very last comic installment to be released, then I can read it over and decide whether the ending they have is fitting for my own story, then transcribe it (and rewrite it in a sci-fi format haha)

Nice XD

I’ve also started drawing illustrations, I have one of Huntress and Sniper at their first meeting (not the time she stabbed him lol, the first time they were on the same team) and I’m working on one of Scout and Medic at the “tumors” scene.

Ooh, cool!! I would love to see those when you’re done.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@theshadow lol I think you copied my text twice

and thanks!! Here’s the first one:

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

I forgot I did this one of Sniper’s eyes. Oh well.

you know what scene this is from lol

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

and here’s Scout and Medic!

As you can tell, my posing isn’t great per se, but it’s decent, I think.

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

I should have a few more by the end of the week or something!

feel free to bother me about it, I want to have at least one drawing involving each major character in a scene they were in. XD

Smiley
                        @smiley

@keilah-h

thanks <3

-Thorne

TheShadow
                          @theshadow

@keilah-h

lol I think you copied my text twice

Whoops, your right XD

And your drawings are great!! They’re all really good, although I think I like the third best because the scene it’s from is hilarious lol

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by TheShadow.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@theshadow yeah I love the way I did Scout’s and Medic’s faces haha

and the way Medic’s just looking at the bread lol

I imagine his tail is kinda swishing suspiciously underneath his coat

TheShadow
                              @theshadow

@keilah-h

Lol probably

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@theshadow lol yeah I have fun coming up with this stuff

I’m learning to animate on Blender and just learned how to rig limbs. The practice object looked kinda like a tail and all I could think about was how much fun I’d have making scenes from my reactor meltdown of a fanfic haha……

I know a place to get reputable TF2 character models to animate with, although I’m thinking of getting good at the program with random simple models and stuff before I try messing with complicated human characters (and then adding tails to ’em if I can)

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,667 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >