Stars Fill Infinity

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Stars Fill Infinity

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Hm, that might make more sense.  I thought Jonas knew a bit of Justice’s backstory already, but I guess, obviously, he doesn’t know all of it.  And yes, that would definitely make for some good conversations in Empty. (window scenes…?? 😉 )

You’d have to find a reason for Chessy to kiss Justice anyway, right?  I bet you could work something into that conversation that would also let her decide about Sapphire.  Or you could just have it happen later if Sapphire comforts Chessy when Chessy’s crying about kissing Justice.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Hmm, okay. I’ll think about that and try to think something up. 😀

Speaking of Justice and Jonas, I wrote a short story about them the other day 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Really really really?  Let me read it!! 😀 😀 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Here 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice You asked how I imagined Quillon.  Well, I couldn’t find an exact picture, but it’s almost like this, but with blue eyes, of course. 😉

What do you think?  Is it extremely different from your picture?

Oh, in case you wonder, it’s Frankie Avalon. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Hmm, interesting. I guess if I used to Frankie Avalon I might imagine him that way. This is the picture I’ve always had of him though:

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Well, I didn’t start imagining him as Frankie Avalon until about yesterday. 😛  So it’s not that I’m used to Frankie Avalon.  Most Frankie Avalon pictures do not even that closely fit the picture I have of Quillon, though.  That one was really hard to find.

In my imagination, the changes to the picture would be these: I don’t have Quillon’s hair combed, so the tight slick of the sides would just be loose and curly.  His eyes are blue, the smile is about correct but with little dot-dimples.  He’d be wearing blue or grey instead of red.

As for your picture, that does look a little like my Quillon, though I imagined his hair a little more curly and a little shorter, (not much shorter) and his eyes definitely a lot lighter.  Also I thought he was a bit thinner, though probably not as thin as my picture.  The reason I picked an older actor/singer as the model for Quillon is because all the modern actors and models focus on lots of muscle and thick, hard bodies, but I don’t feel like Quillon would be very muscular.  I’d see that as more of a Jonas or Kendall thing.  Or Justice.  So I gave up trying to find a modern actor that was thin enough to be Quillon. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Actually, I found this picture of Frankie Avalon on Pinterest, and minus the hair, which is too short and not curly enough, he probably looks quite similar.

And yeah, I’ve never imagined Quillon being particularly athletic or muscular. And yeah, Jonas is probably abnormally tall and good looking 😀 Kendall, not so much I don’t think.

What about Justice? What do you imagine him looking like?

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice I absolutely love Frankie Avalon. 😛  But about the hair, that’s why I said it was hard to find a picture.  His hair was curly and longer when he was younger, but by the time he got into his twenties it was that flat, thick style which wouldn’t work for Quillon.

Justice? Probably similar to a young Clint Eastwood:

What do you think?  What’s your picture of Justice?  I can’t remember.  I just remember I didn’t really like any of your pictures so I deleted them from my mind so they wouldn’t mess up the characters for me. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

In most of the pictures I saw on pinterest he was much older than that one that I posted.

Well, I wouldn’t have pictured Clint Eastwood as looking like Justice, but there we go  😛

I don’t really know what I imagine him looking like. He’s appearance has never concreted itself in my mind. 😀 The woes of being a writer, when you don’t even know what your own characters look like (though I do know that he’s four inches shorter than Zac all because of my Imperial misunderstandings)

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice I would imagine that’s because, like Clint Eastwood, he’s still alive and working today.  Frankie Avalon is 78 years old, but still tours the U.S. giving concerts.  (I got to go to one in February.  It was my Christmas present from my parents. 😀 )

Justice is short?!  That’s a new one. 😛  Even if Zac is 6’2″ (anything taller than that is too tall) That makes Justice only 5’10”!  Hm.  Well, I guess that could work…let me go rearrange my brain…

😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, wait.  You probably don’t use feet and inches measurements in Australia, do you?  Whoops. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

This is where the problem is, my friend. We use imperial measurements for heights because its sounds cooler to say “I’m 5ft 5in”, rather than “I’m 170cm tall”. However, I forgot that a foot is twelve inches, not ten. So while Justice is 5’9”, and Zac is 6’1″ that’s actually a difference much larger than two. 😛

But its not my fault that you guys don’t appreciate the number ten 😛

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice 😛 That’s hilarious.

Ah, numbers again, huh? 😉

What what?  We don’t appreciate the number ten? 😛  Haha, but I’ve mixed up the number of inches in a foot before as well.

Oh, there was a funny scene in a book where the hero was 6’2″.  At one point a kid looked way up at him and said, “how tall are you?” and then another man there also looked up and said, “yeah, how tall are you?” and the guy was embarrassed, so he said, “I’m, uh, five-fourteen.” 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Numbers are the bane of my life.

You don’t appreciate ten because all your measurements are so random and weird and all over the place. In metric measures, everything is in ten–10 millimetres in a centimetre, 100 centimetres in a metre, 1000 metres in a kilometre. Its very easy to remember 😀

Five foot fourteen 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >