Salvete!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Salvete!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@Elly

Well, we’re 2.0 just cause we’re better. 1.0 was the actual Shire.

Cool! I like unique books.

Oh, yes. Parliamentary is what I meant.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elly
      @elly
        • Total Posts: 26

@daeus
        Oh I see! Haha!

Oooh, so you know what Parli is? Have you done any, or just know what it is from other means?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Elly.
        Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@Elly Sort of. Just once or twice and it was very informal. 😛

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

@Elly Hello! Welcome to KP 🙂

My name is Elizabeth, and I write in the science-fiction/fantasy genres. I love meeting people who are passionate about the world of fantasy!

Ooh, debating. Can’t say I’m too great with that–verbally, anyway. Give me a few minutes to collect my thoughts on paper and I’m a different person, really.

Do you play any instruments?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elly
            @elly

@daeus
              That’s awesome though! I’ve not met very many people who even know what it is, let alone have done it!

@that_writer_girl_99

<3
              Haha! Yes, I understand that. Writing with paper/typing tends to be the prefered means of communication among writers.

Elly
              @elly

Oh, oops- I missed your last question, Elizabeth, sorry! I have a year-ish on flute, some reasonable understanding with tin whistle, and am teaching myself guitar and ukulele. But really nothing mastered. You?

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

It’s alright! Introductory forums can be very chaotic, I get it. I’ve only been on here a few weeks myself. @Elly

I’ve played guitar for about…eight years now, I think? I don’t play it as much as I used to, but I will always have a deep love for it.
                  Flute is a very pretty instrument! It has such a high and graceful tone.
                  Ukulele is fantastic. Just hearing it makes me happy.

*whispers* If you haven’t already, I’d check out the other forums pages. KP has some great ones. And of course, the articles shouldn’t be overlooked. I could explore on here for hours…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elly
                  @elly

@that_writer_girl_99
                    WOW. O.O Eight years is a long time! I bet you’re really good.

Good to know! I’ll check them out- thanks!

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Elly Oh, zikers. I couldn’t paint a person to save my life. 😜 I’m the same, I prefer nature/things. Although lately I’ve taken an interest in more impressionistic and abstract art.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anne Swiftblade
                      @anne-swiftblade
                        • Total Posts: 84

Hello, @Elly! We have sort of met (and by sort of I mean the volleyball court), but we should be properly introduced. I am Anne Swiftblade, the often quiet pirate of the Kingdom. See you on the court!

Jane Maree
                        @jane-maree
                          • Total Posts: 909

@Elly OH MY WORD ELLY I KNOW YOU. IT’S ME. THE PIZZA NINJA. *flails and tackle-hugs*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Josiah DeGraaf
                          @aratrea
                            • Total Posts: 717

@elly Always nice to see classical references on the site. 😉 How many years of Latin have you taken? Fellow Plato-lovers are also awesome, though I waver between Plato and Aristotle in terms of who I agree with more. Anyways, welcome to the site!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Elly
                            @elly

@graciegirl
                              Oooh abstract is fun. Do you ever do any colored pencils?

@anne-swiftblade

Yep! 😛 Hello again! I’m toast.

@jane-maree

WHAT YES I KNOW YOU 😀 😀 *tackle-hugs back* So good to see a familiar face/avvie XD

@aratrea

Um… not entirely sure? I took a three-ish years when I was younger, but we never finished the book per year. And then two years in high-school before I stopped, so I guess three years? But I only have beginning knowledge because it’s been so long and because every year I re-started at page one. 😛 have you took latin/for how long?

Aristotle… yeah, sometimes his stuff does seem pretty compelling. Though I’ve not read as much from him.

Josiah DeGraaf
                              @aratrea
                                • Total Posts: 717

@elly Haha, got ya. xD I took Latin from I think 3rd grade through 10th grade… My first six years were very similar to yours, though! Wasn’t until 8th grade that I got a teacher besides my mom (who is awesome, but doesn’t really know Latin), and that was extremely helpful for my learning. All that being said, six years later, I’ve lost most of what I’ve learned back then. xD

Nicomachean Ethics is pretty good. My favorite though, is Aristotle’s Poetics, because it’s basically the first treatise ever on storytelling and how to do it well. O.o So good. There’s nothing cooler than seeing that people 2,000 years ago were taking sides on the “characters vs. plot debate” just like they are today!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal
                                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Graciegirl Oh my goodness, you do abstract? You have my forever undying respect. My little logical head can’t comprehend the fine art of making something that has no structure look beautiful. XD

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >