Rogue One

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@Kate-Flournoy I’m so proud of my growing Middle-Earth knowledge. I actually know where that is.

@His-instrument
      Aha, I didn’t know you were an Elf! Apparently, my elf eyes have failed… Well that formula checks out. I’m from Lothlorien. Which I already knew, but never even thought about the hair thing. So this proves it.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Ethryndal *eyes you proudly and silently hands you Tolkien Award*

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@his-instrument. Yikes! I guess I don’t have an excuse. Ok, I reserved it. Let’s see if I can actually get around to picking it up. 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

PrincessFoo
          @princessfoo
            • Total Posts: 194

@Ethryndal @Kate-Flournoy @His-instrument
            *Sigh* I wish I was an elf. I’ve always liked the Shire though. Maybe I can be one of those Rangers that guard the Shire. Does anyone know where the sign-up sheet for the Rangers of the North are?

I love How It Should of Ended! My favorites are the ones for the first two Captain America movies.

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

This is one of the first forums I commented on, awww….

What is it with you people and being obsessed with LOTR? I just can’t see it…Can someone explain what the big deal is? @ethryndal @kate-flournoy @His-instrument @daeus

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

I haven’t actually read the books, but I’ve seen all the movies…I tried to read the books, I swear! I was younger, though, and they were kinda…long. @kate-flournoy

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 yeah, I like the movies, but they have absolutely nothing on the books. I’d really recommend you read them. I won’t say they’re perfect but since I’m a writer I don’t think I’ll ever find a perfect book and those come pretty close.

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

*sighs* Reaaaallly? Okay, Kate. I can promise you that I’ll try.

Actually, I take back what I said earlier. I’ve read the Hobbit all the way through, and I really like it. @kate-flournoy

PrincessFoo
                      @princessfoo
                        • Total Posts: 194

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’m not a crazy LOTR fan, but I’ve read the books and seen the movies. I’m not a huge fan of epic fantasies, but I like elves, dwarfs, orcs, dragons, and that sort of thing. Also, I think the Shire would be an AWESOME place to live.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

Me too! Any place with fantastical creatures would be a cool place to me. @princessfoo

The Impossible Girl
                          @f5a8c3e92
                            • Total Posts: 146

CRAZY LOTR FANGIRL RIGHT HERE!!!

"Not all who wander are lost."
                            Wild Australian. INXJ.

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien
                              • Total Posts: 440

ROGUE ONE!!!!!
                              I actually just watched it again on Friday. I saw it for the first time in the movie theaters and I wanted to go and hide for the rest of the day when I was done. Coming out of the theater my face was red, my hair was a mess because I’d been pulling it and my eyes were sore from crying. (I am a VERY emotional person; I cry at any sad bit at all, soooo when you have a movie where ALL OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLES DIES its… bad. Really bad.)
                              Favorite character – Cassion Andor. Made so much the better by his awesome accent.
                              One of my favorite lines (from Chirrut the blind temple guard, when they put a bag over his head) “Are you kidding me, I’m blind?!”
                              THIS MOVIE IS THE BESTEST!
                              I at this point don’t even care about good villains and character complications and villains and what-not that pertains to writing, I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!
                              After I watched it again I thought I was doing good. I didn’t cry when Chirrut or Baze or K2 or Bodhi died. And then Cassion and Jyn died.
                              Up in my room I literally bit my sheets to keep from sobbing out loud and waking up my sister. It was horribly sad. More than the first time. They should have got married, and had little Bodhi, and little Galon, and… *dissolves into puddles of tears*

@ethryndal
                              @his-instrument I’m not an elf, but Legolas is my adopted brother. I live in Lothlorien. My hair isn’t that light, it’s more light brown, but I live there anyways cause I do now. My full name is Anne Greenleaf of Lothlorien, The Secret Lady of London. (I go to London a lot, for Sherlock and Robin Hood and SCarlet Pimpernel business). I don’t know much about the geography or language because I’m still learning, but I have gotten much better at defying gravity and never running out of arrows. Legolas is showing me his special tricks.

@that_writer_girl_99
                              Yeah, the books are better than the movies. But I still love the movies. And DO NOT get bogged down in the Two Towers. Push through, girl. People call that the walking book, because all it is is a bunch of walking here and there, but for some reason, it’s actually either my favorite or second favorite.

Anyone on here brave enough to have read the Appendixes?

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Northerner
                              @northerner
                                • Total Posts: 244

@Anne-of-lothlorien, I happen to like the Appendices quite a lot. There’s a little bit of everything in them, whether you like history (a. k. a. backstory to all your favourite characters), or essays on pipe-weed, or runes, or languages. You also get the feeling that Tolkien was letting himself play a bit more in the Appendices than in the book proper, since he didn’t have to worry so much about plot, and since only interested people would be reading them anyway. Not that that made them easy things he dashed off right away. He delayed publishing The Return of the King so he could have more time for them, and then when they still weren’t ready, the first edition just had a note in the back saying the appendix would come soon (it must have been quite a small book).

Gracie
                                @graciegirl
                                  • Total Posts: 889

@anne-of-lothlorien @northerner YES. The appendices were awesome!! Some of my first stories were LotR fan fiction, and I marked up the timeline in the appendices with all the important dates from my stories so that I knew exactly what was going on in the books when my stories were taking place. It was a ton of fun.
                                  When I was first reading the last bit of the Return of the King, I looked ahead to see how many pages I had left before the end. I didn’t want to finish it that night; I wanted to stretch it out as long as possible. Anyway, I finished it five minutes later. The rest was actually the appendices. 😆 I was so disappointed.
                                  My favorite appendix story was the one of how Aragorn and Arwen met, but I also loved learning about Gandalf’s origins.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >