Reintroduction of Yours Truly

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Reintroduction of Yours Truly

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 40

@leon-fleming…oh my word. I spent FOREVER replying to your message….and it apparently got lost somewhere…I’m at an rv park with bad wifi so that’s probably why. Ugh. Ok so first I said, “Yes, get your mom and sis to help and definitely paint the scene.”

then I said lots of other things…but I’m not sure what so I shall try to replicate it now. Here goes.

That’s an interesting observation. It’s cool to do this and kind of see the world through each other’s minds. Funny thing is, I can’t imagine not being able to see the world without these colors…but when I tell my fam about it they think I’m nuts. But how can they not see the bubbles. of color welling up from the word “field.” Or see the colors that come from “sunburst” the icy silver that should be deep gold and after it the orange that is so vibrant it cannot be painted. These colors come from EVERYTHING surrounding me and yet they seem to not see it. I feel bad for them for it honestly. Like how sad must it be to miss something you never even knew you could have?

I’m glad the way my colors are seem the same to my character. I feel like for me, it seems that even though I’m often surrounded by immeasurable grief and sadness, it doesn’t seem to touch a light inside my head, and even though I might struggle with sadness/anxiety, that light never diminishes, the colors never darken. The way you describe your character fits you very well I think. Flashes of different colors that weave in and out of each other, yet never meld, dark ones and light but an underlying steady color…I don’t know it seems right to me. Also the hard sand and waves of your name fit very well I believe.

My favorite weather is rain too, specifically when the air is dry and there is a brisk wind (come to think of it I don’t like the word brisk very much…maybe it reminds me too much of brusque which I used to pronounce brusk-you *facepalm*).

I have never read Calvin and Hobbes, but if he is “everybody’s teddybear” than I believe his colors suit him very well. His color combination is so beautiful. My little sister Molly’s colors are kind of like that actually. They fit her very well as does her name. She’s one of those people who makes you think of a butterfly or at times shooting star. She’s green and light gold with splashes of deep purple and bright aqua. She’ll succeed at anything she does; everyone loves her.

My character names are always created after they are developed (developed as in, I probably don’t know what they look like but I know what drives them, I know what hurts them, I know what they see as beautiful). Their colors always come before their names, sometimes their colors come before they even do. I get a set of colors swirling in my head and don’t always know where they fit and often they just sit there for awhile, ripening. For example, my main character in Cut Flowers is named Astren. her name fits her remarkably well. First you have the burst of stars of silver and gold, then there are greens and intense pinkish purples and teal blues, then the burst of stars again as the N leaves it in silence. Her personality came to me before the colors this time though. I had her colors after the first few days. Then came her name. But without the colors, I cannot name a character. I’d be hopeless haha.

RE:^11 PS

Eww I cannot stand that word either. But I cannot think of anymore that I specifically dislike at this moment, aside from brisk and brusque and maroon for course haha. Same though, I will tell you if I think of anymore.

Ugh, I’m sorry. It’s always saddening when you see that your basic sense of moral is not shared by people you thought were better than that. It kind of shakes your faith in the human race. I don’t understand how people, specifically people in authority, can encourage or even condone the use of swears in any context. It’s so sad to me, because once you cross the line into using swears, it’s hard to find where to stop…to tell when the situation is appropriate…it’s not something that man should be defining. But God sends that type of situation to teach us to defend our faith. It’s still rough, but I think you handled it well. Keep at it, it will help you someday down the road.

Oh ok, I see. I’m homeschooled so I don’t know much about the different schools. One of my dearest friends goes to a charter school but he hasn’t told me much about it. So, going back to private schooling, do you mean that you’ll be doing school from home, or will you be going to a private school? *facepalms at my lack of knowledge*

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
      @william-starkey
        • Total Posts: 634

@shannoncv XD That’s okay! For some reason, I think I got your original one on the notification in my inbox, but the reply above is different, so…that’s not weird at all!

Yea; I might start watercolouring today. My mom’s definitely gonna help me, though my sister’s like, “Don’t touch my watercolour things!” Which is kinda funny.

Yeah! It’s like I have a superpower that I always thought was normal, or just that I had a different perspective on things. But apparently not; my family doesn’t actually know that I have this, but that’s fine with me. I’ll bet it’ll help with my watercolouring! Have you seen a lot of Monet’s paintings? Or Thomas Kinkade’s paintings? I particularly like J.M.W. Turner’s paintings, or what I’ve seen of them. Especially his Fishermen at Sea painting.

Yeah; my colours change frequently. Often they aren’t what they were at all, then they fall back; but yeah, they are still around that one unchanging light.

XD Bless you! Brusque is a rough brown with a bit of an ancient feel. What colours come to mind when you hear of “petrichor”? (That’s one of my favorite words.)

Yes; rain and overcast skies; I like colder weather much more than hot weather. And the word “moist” reminds me of moss; it’s green and brown with a close-to-the-the-ground feel, as if I were some sort of mini-person looking at a clump of moss growing on a small rock. And the rock is wet, too; ’tis a darkish grey colour with a hint of different shades such as deep grey and sometimes spots of black, though mostly just the dark grey. The ground I’m standing on is damp soil with a smooth river-rock here and there peeping out of the ground. There aren’t any animals to be seen, but I feel as if I’m being watched, and I know they’re there. I’m wearing big brown boots with a darker brown cloak and no hat. My hair is curly and darker than my real hair; it’s thick and longish. Though not overly long. It seems as if I’m carrying something in my hand, but when I look down, there’s nothing there. And the space I’m standing in is closed in with other things which I can’t quite describe, but know are definitely related to the rock with the moss. This moss I’m facing.

Your sister’s colours sound like she looks! If that makes sense at all; on that bluegrass video, she was the one in the pink dress, right? My little sister is kinda like that, though definitely different. She’s mostly pink with darker shades that blend in almost imperceptibly. These are like watercolours, but there is only one layer of colour and it’s on a dark background.

Indeed! I know what you mean! I don’t really know what my characters look like at all; I just have a very vague and somewhat blurred picture of their figures. For example, I know that one of them is on the shortish side, that is, shorter than his father. He’s quite muscular but this is hid beneath his raiments which are brown and tan. He has a very likable face, but it always seems somewhat hindered in the ability to smile. This makes sense because he doesn’t end out well in the end. There’s a lot of pity around his character, and sorrow around both his and his father’s character arcs. His name is Morllac (mor-los), and through the story, black begins to seep into his painting. His father is named Uron (or-ron) and has a bit of stubble on his face. He was part of a king’s army, but certain events happened and he left. He is brown with gold; a gold that is sort of tan in some places, but mixes very well with his brown. His colours are simple, but detailed in a blurry sort of way. They are done with oil paints and are almost painted like an impressionist painting. He’s one of my favorite characters, and his arc ends on a very sad, heroic moment, that really packs a lot of drive. I can’t wait to write it.

I think that their paintings will get clearer as they are developed more and more;

Your character Astren sounds neat! Though I can’t see that her colours go to her name; XD different perspectives! That’s all very interesting, and I can definitely see where the stars come in.

RE: ^12 PS Okay, cool! Though I like brisk; it reminds me of Robert Frost’s poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening sort of. Though that is kind of vague; it reminds me more of a walk through woods on a path with a simple wood fence running alongside. It’s like this: you’re looking at a painting or picture of a young man with brown-blonde hair (mostly blonde) walking with his hands in his pockets. He’s wearing cream and brown coloured clothes and his hands are deep within his pockets. He has a likable face and he’s looking to his left upwards. His hands hold back his jacket of brown colour as he walks. On his right (your left) there’s a lot of tall, brown trees, closed in and shading; they don’t have a lot of branches lower down their trunks. On his left (your right) there’s the simple wood fence and behind him in the picture, there’s a wood farmhouse. The road goes straight for some time behind him then wends its way to your left and out of sight. There’s a wheat field on the other side of the fence. And the sky is overcast. The air is frosty, but there’s no snow. The sun is not out, but the atmosphere is very quiet and nice. The youth is smiling and is quite contented as the cool air folds around his face and he breathes its earthy fragrance. But anyways, that’s what I think of when I think of the word “brisk”.

Yes; God is great and powerful, and even through trials He changes us and moulds us to His will. Which is really amazing to me. It’s like in Psalm 119:67 and 71. The psalmist went first astray, then affliction arose against him, and through it, he grew in Christ. And in Jude verse 3; Jude is writing to contend for the faith; the book of Jude speaks of false teachers and their condemnation. Amazing.

Oh, yeah! That’s what I meant. I used to be homeschooled, then we went to charter schools and now we’re going back to homeschooling. XD That’s okay! My wording is terrible. 🙂

@william-starkey

I don’t know much about J.M.W. Turner, but some of his paintings are really good.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 40

@leon-fleming Ugh yeah who knows how that happened…Wordpress hates me. that’s all I know about it.

Oh yeah well I don’t let people use my watercolors either so your sister’s hesitation is understandable.

It totally will help with watercoloring! How did that go btw? Yes Monet and Kinkade’s pictures are both incredible. I hadn’t ever seen any of Turner’s paintings but Fishermen at Sea is lovely!

Yeah I find my colors sort of change with the seasons of my life. It’s strange…calming…almost as if every person I am revolves around the same brightness but reminds me that I am capable of change through God’s grace.

^^That’s petrichor (sometimes I make collages for things…this I made for my playlist “green” about a year ago but it most certainly is the way I think of that word)

Well you’d like the weather we have right now here. It’s raining like crazy…the lightning and thunder are some of the best things that ever happen weatherwise here. Wow moist is deep. It’s interesting that you see the words in 3d like that. Moist does not make me think of the color green or grey actually if anything it’s more of a very specific grey blue with some green in it…not exactly a pretty color…almost too muddied by other colors to be pretty.

Yeah she looks like her colors for sure…I know what you mean. She’s just the most wide awake thing. Yeah she’s in the pink dress. Your little sister sounds a bit more like my other younger sister…she’s purple and gold on a black background…definitely watercolor texture but very intense and bold colors. She’s a very driven person, Emily is.

lol good I’m glad that made sense. Right that’s exactly it…you really can’t know more about them than what their story requires you to know. Don’t you just love it when you get too look forward to writing a specific part of a story?! (I mean it’s also terrifying because what if you write it wrong and ruin it for yourself but you know it’s better to look on the bright side haha.)

Yes exactly, that’s what makes it so cool…the fact that we both see so many different things off of one word. I’d like to give everyone with this condition a word, and let them choose one color to go with it. That would be the most epic painting in the history of time. I kind of wonder if the greater majority of the colors would be on the same spectrum or if they’d all be wildly different.

Re:^14 PS Yes that poem is so wonderful. And it’s so interesting because it has ALWAYS made me think of shades of brown and white just like you are describing. Not the images, but I recognize the colors from the images if that makes any sense.

Right that’s exactly it…the way God teaches us through seemingly adverse and sometimes painful circumstances is a fundamental thing we learn through the Bible, church and the like…however it never ceases to amaze me the way he continually works out these situations for good, even though we see it everywhere. I think its a very good example of us, skeptical human beings, being proved inadequate and in need of so much more every single time. It’s painful (especially to our pride) but it is also somehow SO comforting, that idea that he can work out the adverse and painful circumstances for our good.

Oooohhhhh ok that makes so much more sense lol. How long were you homeschooled for? Is there a specific reason you guys decided to switch to charter schooling?

@william-starkey

@shannoncv XD Yeah, I don’t blame her! XD

Well, we don’t currently have any available watercolour paper on hand, so I tried using cardstock. But I realized that that was actual paper. So I really only ended up mixing colours here and there, which was sort’ve enjoyable, but I didn’t make anything of note; I’ll wait till we get some more watercolour paper to try again.

Yea! It is; I only recently heard of him while going through the dictionary, so; you never know what you’ll find.

Yeah, mine will most likely change, too; it’ll probably get larger and more blue and green. We all are definitely capable of change through God’s grace, indeed; I’ve changed quite a lot within the past few years. (Petrichor is one of my favourite words; plus it smells great, too.) I’ve never heard of a collage before, but the idea sounds cool.

Lucky; it’s just heating up here. We get to around the 110 degree level every summer, which isn’t my favourite. I’ll be glad to move north. Lightning is pretty great; someday I want to paint an ocean scene with thick, dark clouds above, a thrashing sea below, and in the distance a strike of lightning cuts through the night air, bursting the seams of the sky and tears apart the ocean’s roiling surface…could you watercolour paint something like that? Can you paint waves?

Yeah, I like moist…I can’t imagine what your moist is like. XD

Sometimes those 3d words give me some book ideas, so that’s great.

XD I can see that about your other sister, too. Is your sister Emily sorta mysterious some times?

YES, I DO; I CAN’T WAIT TO BEGIN WRITING MY BOOK, BUT I NEED TO FINISH THE OUTLINING…WHY AM I WRITING IN ALL CAPS.

XD Well, if I get it wrong it’ll be the characters’ fault. Have you ever began writing a story with characters you’ve spent a long time working on. But the characters are totally unrelated, so when you begin writing (imagining the whole time), all you’re doing is sending things into the characters’ paths and they’re reacting to it?

Yeah! That would be awesome! But…is there anyone on here besides us who has this thing?

RE: ^15 Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe someday I’ll paint that painting. That would be cool. Do you read a lot of poetry?

YEA; He protects us and guides us on the path. It’s cool looking back on the years and seeing how He provided and took away things at certain moments. A few years ago we left a church that we’d been going to for a while because a problem sprang up. Well, we ended up at another church in the town we live in now, and I became a christian and was baptized along with my two elder siblings. Though at different times. I got baptized on November 10th, and WOW was the water cold. But that was a great day, and I’m glad the water was cold.  That church split up and most of the christians tried to plant a church, but that didn’t work out and that November 10th was the last day we were going to meet. Our pastor and his family moved to North Dakota (I think it was North), and we’ve been kinda stranded. So we’re moving to Idaho to another church. Our pastor was an expositor, and a graduate from the Master’s Seminary in Los Angeles, and we’d never heard (at least, I’d never heard) sound teaching like that before. It was great; but the guy up in Idaho is a Seminary graduate, too, and his preaching of the Word is more of what we need.

Yeah! XD WElll…I think it was up until sixth or seventh grade, then we started using a charter school. We weren’t going to classes yet, but then we changed to another one in eighth grade, and I began then. I don’t really know why we did switch, but I’m glad we’re going back.

WarrenLuther04
              @warrenluther04
                • Total Posts: 270

@ warrenluther04 EYYY how you doing?? I’m not doing too bad, all things considered!!

@dragon-snapper
                Gosh I log in for a day and then disappear for like two months… heh heh (o_o’) I’m doing well, kinda bored since I’m still technically on lockdown (anyone else here on lockdown?), but hey I get more writing time so that’s a plus 😛

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

@william-starkey

(@warrenluther04 Yeah, I’m “technically” on lockdown, but it doesn’t effect work at all. Which is great.)

WarrenLuther04
                  @warrenluther04

@leon-fleming Yeah, my city doesn’t take lockdown suuuuuuuuuuuper seriously, but we still have to, like, wear masks when shopping and stuff. (And there’s no indoor seating in restaurants yet)

@william-starkey

@warrenluther04 Same in my town, though we’re a lot more lax with the masks. I don’t think there’s indoor seating in a lot of the restaurants here, but there might be a few. What I don’t like is the fact that some restaurants and businesses are going out of business, having to close down and all that, because of this closure of public places. Especially down where my family goes to the beach (we’re in California). There’re a lot of great restaurants there, some small, some larger. Some of my favourites, actually.

WarrenLuther04
                      @warrenluther04

@leon-fleming Oooooooooops somehow I missed the notification for this. Whups.
                        Yeah, a lot of people don’t always wear masks when they’re outside, like, at the parks or just walking their dogs (but they still have to wear them while indoor shopping and stuff like that). And yeah, a lot of businesses are either currently or on the verge of going out of business, which is really sad.

@william-starkey

@warrenluther04 Yep, pretty much the same here, too. Yeah; speaking of food…chocolate cake sounds great right now.

WarrenLuther04
                          @warrenluther04

@leon-fleming Nooooooo stahhp now I’m craving chocolate cake XD

@william-starkey

@warrenluther04 XD CHOCOLATE CAKE! I could seriously go for a LARGE piece right now.

Michelle Black
                              @michelle
                                • Total Posts: 87

@dragon-snapper *Walks through the door * Hello, the party can start now! Hi Snapper nice to meet you, I am Michelle:) I am an INFP and I’m 18 years old and I have been writing for four years. How did you get your love for writing?

Eighth novel! What is it about?  Yasssss I am not the biggest fan of reading lol.

What are some of your favorite books and movies? obviously Marvel, because your gif shows Caption America throwing himself out of a building…. there’s just no other way to describe it lol

P.S. I thought your name was sniper:)

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >