Read through the Bible???

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Read through the Bible???

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1354

@walkbyfaith @grcr

Those are good points! I’m using the You version app, but I might check out the Bible project app! I don’t really have too much to add, but I enjoyed reading what you guys thought!

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3202

@walkbyfaith @grcr @beth-torres @hybridlore @anyone-else-on-this-topic

So I haven’t been reading with the same plan y’all are doing, but I have been going through Genesis on my own. I think the thing that’s stood out to me the most is the beautiful balance of God’s justice and mercy. I’ve only made it as far as after the Flood, but still, I can see that God was so merciful to these people. He was just in giving punishment, but there were so many times where He could have enacted a harsher judgement, but He didn’t because of His mercy. Time and time again, He showed these people His mercy and it’s amazing to look at my own life and see how God has been merciful to me every day.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Esther.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Beth Torres
        @beth-torres
          • Total Posts: 328

@grcr @hybridlore @hanako @esther @walkbyfaith

Those were all super great points. I don’t really have anything to add right now, but I do have a question for the people who were following the three chapters a day plan:

Are we still doing that? I’m officially on Exodus 1. I’ve been a little behind the past few days, but I think I’m caught up.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 943

@beth-torres @everyone

(I think I’d be reading the last two or three chapters of Genesis today… But then I’d be all caught up.)

It’s still working for me! So I’m good unless you all want to change the plan…

“What be a cretin?”
            “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

WalkByFaith
            @walkbyfaith
              • Total Posts: 45

@beth-torres

Yep, I read Genesis 49, 50, and Exodus 1 today! It’s working great for me!

“Squidward that wasn’t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treaty” -SpongeBob

Beth Torres
              @beth-torres

@walkbyfaith @grcr @hybridlore @hanako @mineralizedwritings (I’m sorry I forgot to Tag you last time) @I’m-also-sorry-if-I-forgot-to-tag-someone

Hi! How’re you all doing? Are we all on Leviticus now? TBH, I’ve gotten a bit behind, but I think we should be on chapter 22? And how’s it going for everyone?

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

-GRCR-
                @grcr

@beth-torres @everyone-else

Hey there!! I think we should be around there—sounds about right… Unfortunately I have also fallen behind, and I think I’m at chapter twelve or thirteen. I’ll have/try to catch up very soon… 😅

“What be a cretin?”

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2794

@beth-torres

I haven’t been able to keep up lol, but I’m reading 2 chapters of Mathew every day. Life is kinda hectic lol I forgot about this

へびは かっこいい です!

hybridlore
                    @hybridlore
                      • Total Posts: 1354

@beth-torres So, my family has started reading 1 chapter of Genesis and 1 chapter of John most school mornings, and I’ve been reading through the New Testament letters, so I don’t think I’m going to be able to keep up with this. I still might pop in occasionally like @esther-c but I won’t be doing the reading anymore.

Sorry to drop out like this!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Beth Torres
                      @beth-torres

@grcr

Okay! For some reason I thought Leviticus was way longer than it is. Lol.

@mineralizedwritings

Oh that’s fine! Lol.

@hybridlore

Oh its fine! 🙂 I understand, that would be a lot to keep up with.

-GRCR-
                        @grcr

@beth-torres

🙃

For some reason I thought Leviticus was way longer than it is. Lol.

LOL me too!! I was genuinely surprised when I saw only 27 chapters…

“What be a cretin?”

-GRCR-
                          @grcr

@beth-torres

Hey! Um, I’m going to drop out of this… Some personal issues have come up, and I’m not really keeping up that well… sorry… 🙂😑

“What be a cretin?”

Beth Torres
                            @beth-torres

@grcr

Oh it’s okay! I understand. 🙂

Beth Torres
                              @beth-torres

@hanako @walkbyfaith

Hi! Are you guys still doing this? I’m honestly having some difficulty with the three chapters a day, especially with the section of the Bible we’re in. Could we maybe try to do two chapters or even one a day?

WalkByFaith
                                @walkbyfaith
                                  • Total Posts: 45

@beth-torres

Hey! Yep, I’m still doing this! I’m fine with bumping it down to one or two chapters a day. Maybe we can tweak the amount we read depending on what book we’re in (like if it’s a shorter book we could read a few more pages a day)

“Squidward that wasn’t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treaty” -SpongeBob

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >