Putting Yourself in your Characters?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Putting Yourself in your Characters?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@wilder-w.

My girl, you are NOT the only one!! As you’ve probably found out lol.

Yes, I have found out, an I’m so glad. XDXDXDXD

Like legit, her fear *ducks behind a couch*, her insecurities, and her knack for getting in the most ridiculous of circumstances, yeah…all that roots from me. Of course, fiction is there too…like, I’m not a foster child (but I do have experience with foster children), and I am not generally afraid of the dark. Now, the fear of cluttered things, yes…that’s all me.
      Hope also…well, she looks a lot like me. Short black hair, glasses. Yeah, I put a lot of me in her.

That’s cool!!! 😀

You are not alone in that, for sure!

So, so glad. XD

@whalekeeper

Ah, yes. The way us writer stuff our insecurities into an unfortunate child, who just happens to be imaginary, and throw them off a cliff…

*ahem*

Ah, yes, quite. XD

I guess for me, I create the character, and only afterwards do I realize how their soul and personality directly correlate with mine.

Sounds like me. XD I never purposefully do it nor even notice it until later, lol.

Usually they are a super exaggerated form of one of my personality traits, fears, or desires – like one is a fierce protector of his family, another can’t be social to save her life (but instead communicates her deepest secrets with chickens), another is so awed by the little things that he feels incapable of looking at the big picture, and yet another is embodiment of cheeky comments, inner fire and teenage angst.

I feel like I would love all those characters. XD And that’s really interesting and cool how all of those parts of you get into your characters! 😀

XD All the things. Even when they are the exact opposite of you, you’ll sooner or later come face to face with some shadowy copy of yourself. Hopefully a shadowy copy of The Writer, too…

Oh…yes…I guess that is true.

…Does this mean the villain’s in our stories could have a piece of us in them…? XD

Ava Blue
      @ava-blue
        • Total Posts: 216

@freedomwriter76 I definitely do this! My 2 favorite charries (Bronwen and Ilwyn) are almost like my alter egos. Ilwyn is a lot more similar to what I’m actually like, he’s a complete softie and he’s got ADHD so he can be really hyper and lazy at the same time. He’s also the same personality type (INFP-T) and he’s my favorite color (blue💙)

Bronwen is more what I’d like to be like. She’s tough and quick-witted and athletic and she’s got mad survival skills (and the chiseled jawline I will never possess).

that a northern wind
        would cool my skin
        and fill my lungs again

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@ava-blue. COOL!!!

I’m so glad to figure out I’m not alone and weird…XD

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >