Opinions Please!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Non-Fiction Opinions Please!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Light Warrior Pen
    @light-warrior-pen
      • Total Posts: 103

Hey, y’all! I know it’s been awhile since I’ve been on. I was immersed in my writing and forgot there were people in the real world. : )
      Anyway … I want y’all’s thoughts and opinions! I’ve had a blog for the past yearish and I’m working on making it better. I have three categories: Recommendations (Mostly books, movies, TV shows, and music) Christian Living/Encouragement/Whatever’s on my mind (this section needs a lot of work) and Flash-Fiction Missionary Stories. What would y’all want to see on a blog like this? Are there any missionaries you would want to learn about? Would you like to read about within Christianity or hear a Christian perspective on something, or find out more about a Biblical topic? Are you looking for more books in a specific genre, or clean shows or movies? Anything else I can’t think of? I’m open to any and all suggestions!

@freedomwriter76 @esther-c @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @smiley @mineralizedwritings @highscribeofaetherium @everyone-else!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3213

@light-warrior-pen

Hey!! It has been a while!

Your blog sounds awesome!!

Umm… Personally I like seeing tough or controversial topics and how Christians should respond to them, but if you posted about that or not would totally depend on what you’re comfortable writing about and posting.

I also enjoy when fellow Christians share what they’ve been learning/what the Lord’s been teaching them.

Posting about clean books and movies would be really cool too. I’m always looking for good clean books. Especially in the genre of contemporary. I see some really trashy contemporary fiction all the time and I can’t believe people read it.

So yeah! That’s all I can think of right now! I’d love to check out your blog if you’re willing to share the link. 😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 597

@light-warrior-pen

Ditto to pretty much everything Esther said! I’d also love to check out your blog if you share it!

Also, I don’t think we’ve officially met on here. I joined back in September, so I still consider myself somewhat new, although I guess by now I’m really not lol.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Light Warrior Pen
          @light-warrior-pen

@esther-c

Thank you!
            Yes, it has been awhile. But I’m back!
            Could you specify which controversial topics? I know I have younger teens reading the blog, but I don’t mind covering certain topics

@trailblazer

*Bows* I am Light Warrior Pen, romantic suspense writer, blogger, and book lover. I am a hopeless romantic and love Pride and Prejudice (and most of Jane Austen’s novels), coffee, and writing.

Thanks for the opinions!

Light Warrior Pen
            @light-warrior-pen

For some reason KP isn’t letting me send in the link : (

Trailblazer
              @trailblazer

@light-warrior-pen

Nice to officially meet you! I write a lot of contemporary/historical fiction, but I also have a blog (although I don’t post on it very frequently). I’ve done a little bit of journalism and I enjoy photography, too.

Esther
                @esther-c

@light-warrior-pen

Um… Oh man, I wasn’t even thinking of any in particular when I said that, oops

Well, you could think about the things people are struggling with today. Stuff like—what the Bible says about the value of life, racism, what truth is, etc. I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable or informed enough to post about, but also what you’re passionate about/what you take a firm stand on. I think that makes sense, lol XD

Light Warrior Pen
                  @light-warrior-pen

@trailblazer

Once in awhile I’ll do contemporary romance. Unfortunately I have a hard time coming up with a plot that’s interesting and doesn’t involve crime fighting XD Nice to officially meet you too!

@esther-c

Makes total sense! Sorry, didn’t mean to put you on the spot.

Esther
                    @esther-c

@light-warrior-pen

Oh no, you’re fine. 🙃

Light Warrior Pen
                      @light-warrior-pen

@esther-c

For some reason, KP still isn’t letting me put the URL to the blog on here. Any suggestions on how to get around that?

Esther
                        @esther-c

@light-warrior-pen

Oh, I don’t know. There is a button at the bar at the top of the post box that looks like a tiny chain. You might be able to use that to add a link in. You can put a link to text with that button too.

Light Warrior Pen
                          @light-warrior-pen

@esther-c

Tried that. Site is still eating the posts.

Esther
                            @esther-c

@light-warrior-pen

Ugh, that’s annoying. Yeah, I don’t know what else would work. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trailblazer
                              @trailblazer

@light-warrior-pen

Does it let you put the link in at all, even if it doesn’t actually link anything? We might be able to copy and paste into our own search browsers if that’s the case.

WalkByFaith
                                @walkbyfaith
                                  • Total Posts: 45

@light-warrior-pen

*pops in from nowhere* Hello! I’m Marie and I’m very excited to meet another romance writer!

I love clean book and movie recommendations! Some topics I’d personally be interested in are tips on spreading the Gospel, maybe something about keeping things from becoming idols, or how to glorify God in everything we do. Those are just some ideas I could think of—coming up with topics is harder than I thought XD

It’s super nice to meet you! 😁

“Squidward that wasn’t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treaty” -SpongeBob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >