No Need To Open This Topic

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE No Need To Open This Topic

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@abigail-m

Oh! also, would you mind telling me a bit about this serial writing thing? Maybe I’d like to try it myself! 😀

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@abigail-m I read what was on there as of last night (for me, anyways; I live in Nova Scotia lol), and I must say I really liked it! I am terrible at critiqueing other people’s writing. XD

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@abigail-m Sorry this took so long. I’ll answer your questions now.

how likable are the characters?

Very likeable! I do like the three that you introduced here.

If you had to eliminate all but one character, what one would you keep and why?

I’d keep Anton because I’m a sucker for minor characters. But seriously, I wouldn’t eliminate any of them.

Can you see the characters in your mind?

Sure can!

What do you feel are the most likable/dislikable things about the characters?

Since this piece was short, I can’t quite say at the moment.

Can you see the setting?

Yeah, definitely.

What was your first impression of each character?

Mejia: Huntress type character.

Filip: Helpful dude. Sweet, too.

Anton: Cool side character.

Thanks for sharing with us! Good luck writing more!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Elfwing
          @elfwing
            • Total Posts: 486

@abigail-m I read it and enjoyed it! @devastate-lasting totally summed it up well, and no I would’ve have the heart to get rid of any of them

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216
              • Total Posts: 1011

@abigail-m

*rushes into topic, breathless*

Phew! I’m SO terribly sorry I haven’t responded to you about this yet, but I have to say, now that I’ve read this… I LOVED THAT SO VERY MUCH!!! (And that’s an understatement!) Your descriptions were absolutely flawless, the characters were so lovable (I fell in love with Anton rightaway!) and there’s so many questions and so much tension! Eek, I love it all so much! 😀 😀 😀 Thank you for sharing this with us! <3

Now for the questions… (1) The characters are extremely likable, and I can see all of their personalities VERY clearly. (2) I would probably keep all of them Filip because, well… he’s just adorable! 😀 (3) YES, absolutely! I have a very clear mental image of all of them/the villages! You did a magnificent job! (4) I can totally see the setting!! (5) My first impression of Mejia was that she’s the down-to-business, tough type. My FI of Filip was that he’s more of the humble, secretly sweet type (if that makes sense), and my FI of Anton was that he’s very intelligent and helpful (and also adorable).

And it wasn’t cliche at all! It was magnificent! 😀

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@joy-caroline

Thank you so much for reading it and for your compliment, (that made my day:) Not used to opening up my TSW characters to a lot of people, so that makes me super glad that you’d want to read more! 😀 I looked through your suggestions in the doc, they were very helpful and I’m truly appreciative of them:)

And of course! I wouldn’t mind a bit. So how I found out about this method, I was reading one of my writing craft books, (I gotta have a million of them and I drive everybody nuts with them XD ), and this book there was a chapter on Dickens, and it talked about how people would wait on the docks where the ship with installments of his works would come in. Goodness knows I’m no Dickens yet, but the story sparked me to at least try what he’d done. So basically, just have a rough idea of where your going, know the ending of your story and write it one part every set time period.
                There are drawbacks, true. Already, I regret how I timed Filip’s meeting with Anton and a couple of things in the dialogue because it’ll now mess with the rest of the story. But the bright side to that, (and I mean this is a bright side I greatly admire as marvelous opportunity) is now I have to stretch my imagination further to find solutions to the mistakes. I have to figure out how in the world I’ll write the next part coordinatedly. It forces me to think deeper and harder and more creatively about how to make this work. The fact that now the first installment has been read, means I can no longer edit it and I have to work with what I got. To me, that’s exciting because I feel like Bilbo being shoved out of his Hobbit Hole and forced to figure this adventure out without knowing what’s going to happen. Tbh I feel exactly like him, part Baggins and part Took XD
                I’m not sure I explained that very clearly, so feel free to ask any questions! 😀

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m

@elfwing

That’s alright 🙂 I’m super happy that you liked it!!!! 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m

@devastate-lasting

Wow! Thank you so much for all your answers, all this is invaluable and I really appreciate it! 😀 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
                    @abigail-m

@nanisnook @lydia-s @nova21

Thank you!! 😀 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m

@gracie-j

Aw, thank you so much for saying all that Grace!! That makes me happier to hear than you can imagine!!! 😀 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

THANK YOU!!! Aw, girl, that makes my day!! I’m so relieved that the characters and setting are clear and everyone is likable, all this feedback is invaluable, thank youthankyouthankyou for everything you said!!! 😀 😀 😀

Abigail.M.
                          @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216 @elfwing @joy-caroline @devastate-lasting @gracie-j and to everyone who read the first installment:

I just wanted to thank every one of you again for all your feedback and comments, they genuinely are priceless to me and have been immensely helpful more than you’ll ever know. Every time I saw a response, my whole day was made whether it be a critique or compliment, it all means a lot to me because it means you carved a chunk of your valuable time out of your sceduale to read it and for that I’m extremely grateful. Thank you, all!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j
                              • Total Posts: 1789

@abigail-m You are SO welcome!!! <333

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1379

@abigail-m

You’re so welcome, my friend! Glad to read anything of yours!

Ooh, thanks for explaining that! It wasn’t confusing at all. 🙂 Speaking of writing craft books, I’d really like to add a few to my TBR! Do you have any recommendations?

Abigail.M.
                                @abigail-m

@Joy-caroline

If you can forgive this late reply, I most certainly have some recommendations for you!

Fiction Writing Master Class    By: William Cane

Shut Up and Write! By: Judy Bridges

Author in Progress    By: Therese Walsh

Are three titles definitely worth checking out and have been super helpful to me:)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >