New Year’s resolutions!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions New Year’s resolutions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    WalkByFaith
    @walkbyfaith
      • Total Posts: 45

Does anyone have any New Year’s resolutions? Maybe about writing, your relationship with Christ, etc. I thought it’d be fun to share and encourage/ inspire each other!

Here are a few of mine:

-Work on sharing the Gospel with others

-Finish the first draft of a novel

-Get better at drawing full bodies instead of just head’s lol

-Set an achievable reading goal and reach it (hopefully surpass it)

-Be more generous with my time and money

I’d love to hear other people’s resolutions! <3

Tags:

@grcr
      @rae @beth-torres @savannah_grace2009 @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @hybridlore @esther-c @trailblazer @acancello @thearcaneaxiom @anyone-else

“Squidward that wasn’t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treaty” -SpongeBob

WalkByFaith
      @walkbyfaith

Also happy New Year’s everyone! 2024 let’s goooo 🥳

“Squidward that wasn’t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treaty” -SpongeBob

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 595

@walkbyfaith

I don’t usually do resolutions, but I do always sort of take inventory of the previous year and see where I’ve grown and how I can continue to grow. So I guess in a way I do have resolutions but I never call them that, lol.

-Going deeper in my relationship with Jesus, obviously. And growing specifically in the area of prayer.

-I want to get better at verbal communication. I’ve noticed that especially when it requires me to be vulnerable, I struggle to express myself verbally, but I don’t want to hide behind a screen my whole life, so learning how to talk about things that are harder to talk about, verbally, is one goal of mine.

-Being intentional in loving my family. I want to create intentional time with my siblings and learn how to ask good questions. Sometimes I feel like our conversations are really shallow, but I want to get to know my brothers better (and even my parents, too).

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@walkbyfaith

I love all of those goals

mine are:

-to eat healthier (I’m already pretty fit but I’d like to get into healthy habits now while I’m younger)

-to start stretching every day (like contortion stretching)

-to begin being more outright about my faith and getting closer to God

– to work out 5-days a week

-to start practicing my sports (I do softball, thinking about basketball and archery, that one is just for fun)

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009
              • Total Posts: 1985

@trailblazer

I’ve noticed that especially when it requires me to be vulnerable, I struggle to express myself verbally, but I don’t want to hide behind a screen my whole life, so learning how to talk about things that are harder to talk about, verbally, is one goal of mine

Oh my goodness I relate so much to this!!!! That’s one of my goals too!

Being intentional in loving my family. I want to create intentional time with my siblings and learn how to ask good questions. Sometimes I feel like our conversations are really shallow, but I want to get to know my brothers better (and even my parents, too).

And this too!

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
              @trailblazer

@smiley

Anytime I ever set fitness goals I struggle to reach them lol. I’m not super athletic so I don’t have sports to keep me active. I do like hiking, so my dad and I started doing stairs a few years ago (literally going up and down the stairs as many times as we can and pushing ourselves to go farther). So we’ll see- I want to try to do that at least once a week (that’s the best my schedule will consistently allow me to do).

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009

Yes! I love my family, and I know God has blessed me with them. We don’t fight (well, occasionally my brothers do, but they’re two teen guys sharing a room so that’s gonna happen lol) but sometimes it just feels like there’s an emotional disconnect. Instead of just sitting around waiting for something to change, I want to be intentional about bridging that gap. That’s gonna mean being vulnerable and learning how to talk about deeper stuff when I’m asked the questions, and learning how to ask those deeper questions too. But I want to have closer relationships with my family, so I’m gonna have to be willing to stretch myself.

-GRCR-
                  @grcr
                    • Total Posts: 947

Ohh… I don’t usually like to make resolutions for the coming year because I become crazy if I don’t complete the goals… but I do plan to:

– Draw closer to God (but that’s also a lifelong goal)

– Finish the first book in my series and then start planning/writing the second book

– this may seem strange, but another goal is to finish my math book… (I’m supposed to get a Wacom screen and new computer when it’s completed, so that’s motivating)

– I also want to practice drawing backgrounds and become better at that (it’s so hard for me, cuz I draw people more than anything else)

I guess I’ll see though! 🙃 Maybe I’ll add to the list later…

“What be a cretin?”
                    “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

WalkByFaith
                    @walkbyfaith

@trailblazer

I never really do resolutions either, but this year I feel like intentionally setting things to work on in my life will be beneficial so I’m trying it

Going deeper in my relationship with Jesus, obviously. And growing specifically in the area of prayer.

Yes, same! 👏

I want to get better at verbal communication. I’ve noticed that especially when it requires me to be vulnerable, I struggle to express myself verbally, but I don’t want to hide behind a screen my whole life, so learning how to talk about things that are harder to talk about, verbally, is one goal of mine.

I do the same thing (I even did that today funny enough); It’s definitely something I need to work on as well

Being intentional in loving my family. I want to create intentional time with my siblings and learn how to ask good questions. Sometimes I feel like our conversations are really shallow, but I want to get to know my brothers better (and even my parents, too).

I love that! Showing the people we love that we care for them is so important ❤️

@smiley

I love all of those goals

Thanks! Those were the ones on the top of my head, I’ll probably end up making a list of some others later lol

to eat healthier (I’m already pretty fit but I’d like to get into healthy habits now while I’m younger)

Yeah, I should probably do that too 😅

to start stretching every day (like contortion stretching)

Oh wow, cool!

to begin being more outright about my faith and getting closer to God

Yesss, I need to tell my close friends who aren’t Christians about my faith, but it’s so hard. I’m gonna try to work on that this year too

to work out 5-days a week

That’s awesome!

to start practicing my sports (I do softball, thinking about basketball and archery, that one is just for fun)

That’s really cool, I’ve done archery with some friends before, it was pretty fun. I might try swimming this year

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009

@trailblazer

Exactly!!! I really have a hard time opening up and then it pushes me and my family apart…I think it comes from public school a bit, because I used to be really close with my family. When I went to public school I was super talkative but I got ignored and rejected by some people, and so that kind of taught me to hide and not talk to people…so it’s a learning process for me.

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                        @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I just shut down anytime one of my parents asks a deeper question about my faith or more personal things. We can have conversations about theology or politics or anything like that perfectly fine, but when it comes to what God’s speaking to me or doing in my life, or things I’m working through, I just kinda freeze up, and I don’t like that. So far it’s been baby steps, but yesterday my mom took me out for breakfast and it felt like a breakthrough for me, because I decided to ask her a deeper question, and in doing so, learned a lot more about her. And now that I feel like I know her better, it’s also easier for me to be vulnerable. I still have a ways to go, but I’m thankful that God gave me the courage to ask a question that opened things up.

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009

@trailblazer

That’s great! It’s just so hard for me to trust people now and be vulnerable, and the only thing I really feel safe talking about is my writing, and I feel like that really annoys some people and makes my family feel like I’m pushing them away in favor of writing. Which I kind of am sometimes, and I don’t like that.

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                            @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009

Have you heard of the five love languages? I was just reading about them recently, and even though I’ve known about them for years, learning about it more in-depth was so eye-opening for me. That’s another thing I want to start implementing- discovering what makes the people in my life feel loved, and then learning how to speak that language to them, per se. There again, that’s gonna be stretching for me, but I think a lot of my family relationships and even friendships will improve.

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009

@trailblazer

Oh yeah I have heard of those!!! My mom has told us so much about those!! Yeah I need to work on that too…haha

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                                @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009

Yeah my struggle right now is figuring out the love languages of my family. Mine is quality time, and I think at least some of my family is also the same, but I’m not a hundred percent sure. I know for sure none of them have physical touch as their primary love language, and I don’t think gifts is, either, for any of them. I feel like it shouldn’t be that hard to figure it out, but I honestly can’t tell between the remaining three.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >