New Book Ideas!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

@gracie-j, @devastate-lasting, @keilah-h, @writerlexi1216, @nanisnook, @issawriter7, @mkfairygirl, @abigail-m, @jenwriter17, @lydia-s, @when-i-see-the-kingdom, @ilena-louise, @daisy-torres, @jodi-maile, @lucy, @scripter-of-kingdoms, @seekjustice, @lewilliams, @e-k-seaver, @kathleenramm, @g_c_al, @millennium, @wyn-rose, @kayleigh-idea, @not-so-secret-secret-assassin, @elfwing, @relia, @molly

Heya!! So I recently had come up with some really fun and interesting book/series ideas! Obviously I’m still working on my current series, but these are some ideas im playing around with, so I figured I’d share them and maybe some covers/aesthetics for them! And I’d also love for y’all to share any new ideas that are floating around ya brain!

So one idea I’d come up with was a time traveler piece. That would be so so cool!

I’m not thinking of it totally as fantasy, sci-fi, or contemporary…..it’s a bit of a futuristic setting but not with space and aliens and robot takeovers. More like hover boards, jetpacks, tase guns and monorails

There would be two MCs, a girl (heroine) and a boy.

The girl, Insley Peregrine (Perri) and the boy, Keller E. Vandehugh.

The whole premise is this.

Insley is the granddaughter to the living Time Keeper, Horacio Peregrine. The time powers have skipped her father and been passed to her, but she is not as powerful as her grandfather, instead she can only “jump” from time to time, and it can be pretty random and volatile so she doesn’t usually use it. But, when she sees a glimpse of the future from her grandfather (something she shouldn’t have seen) she discovers that her best friend, Keller, ends up becoming a villain in the future, something she cannot believe at all.

Knowing this, she vows to change his future, but things don’t go as planned. Because, as her grandfather has said, “You cannot change fate.”

What ya think?

My next idea is fairytale retellings but completely different!

I’ve never seen hunger games or read them (would rather not) but im getting a bit of that vibe from it. So here’s the premise for this series idea.

A young boy (young man, whose name has not been finalized lol) is the eldest of 7 children. Born into a fairly high society family, life has been good and pretty normal. Though, he can’t say that for the rest of the town.

Every twenty years begins “the Choosing”, where young people are selected at seemingly random to take the place of the fairytale main characters from years before. Taken without their consent and with little to no warning, the young people are never seen or heard from again, and are usually considered dead as soon as they are taken.

Why?

Well, because the fairytales have taken quite a dark turn.

For thousands of years this has been going on, since the very first fairytales were enacted, but, of course, as years go on things began to change. Storylines, people, and the dangers. After the first couple thousand of years, there was a drop off of those who returned unharmed or at all from the reenactment, and now there are none who return.

Luckily, the boy’s family has been blessed for generations.

Until now.

When he and all six of his siblings are chosen, they are whisked away and separated into different stories, forced to play the twisted game of reenactment that someone has set up.

The series follows the boy as he travels into different stories to find his siblings and discover a way to break the tradition so that no one ever has to go through this again.

The fairytales retold will be;

Cinderella

Snow White

Sleeping Beauty

Little Mermaid

Beauty & The Beast

Pinocchio

Alice In Wonderland

The first is cinderella and the boy is cast in the role of Prince Charming, and boy things are definitely different from the thousands of years before, as he figured.

Everything is turned upside down, especially when the boy begins to fall in love with someone he’s forbidden to, according to the original tale; One of the stepsisters!

So ya those are 2 ideas I’ve had

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@godlyfantasy12

i love the first one!!! Like, wow! Totally do it

As for the second: I haven’t read most any fairytales so I would so do it and it’ll be great because it’s fun to do remakes of stories

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

Those sound awesome! I love making up fantasy creatures to inhabit worlds in my stories, but I don’t have too much story to go with them.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

relia
          @relia
            • Total Posts: 47

@godlyfantasy12

Wow… I absolutely love the second idea. When you write it sign me up for a beta read XD I’m not joking though literally do

But honestly, that sounds amazing.

I have a few ideas that I’ll share about later, but those ideas deserve some recognition in their own post, and godspeed in writing them!

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@elfwing @relia @keilah-h thanks y’all!!!

also, Relia I’m hoping maybe to get some beta reads for my current project I’m working on, but it’ll be way down the line (cuz I’m still drafting lol! But hoping to finish the first draft by September 2nd!)

would u like to see the blurb or hear the premise?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 Yo, those two ideas both sound awesome! You should totally go for them!

As for me, I’ve had too many story ideas that are half-baked which I’ve written beginnings to…most for short stories or novellas. I’m swamped with novel/web serial ideas right now, so I can only pick and choose a couple of ideas to work on.

One is a short story idea about a villain whose conscience doesn’t diminish when he does bad things. I barely have a plot but so far I’m liking it.

Another is a novelette about a group of criminals who are slowly taking each other down. This is one of the rare times where I have a work plotted from start to finish, so I’m looking forward to working on it more.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Jodi Maile
                @jodi-maile
                  • Total Posts: 138

@godlyfantasy12 Hey, those sound great! I’m really intrigued by the first idea, and the second sounds like an interesting and fresh way to dive into a fairytale retelling.

I’m currently writing a series of short stories that are either fairytale retellings (that I come up with ideas for at random times lol) or are just random ideas that I come up with and decide to practice my skills on. I’m trying to build up more endurance and storytelling skill in shorter projects so that I can properly tackle a novel-length project and actually finish it and be happy with the final product haha

Also I love to beta read, so if you’re ever looking for a beta reader…let me know! XD

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres
                    • Total Posts: 691

@godlyfantasy12 OH I AM ON BOARD WITH THE TIMETRAVELING ONE. BESTIES TO ENEMIES???? YES PLEASE.

AHHH I’M SORRY I’M STILL SCREAMING BUT I’M ALSO ON BOARD FOR THE FAIRYTALE RETELLING ONE!!!! (I mean, Alice in Wonderland?? My first published novel is literally a retelling on that XD) HOW FAST CAN YOU HAVE THESE DONE BECAUSE I NEED BOTH OF THEM ASAP AHHHH!!! and Prince Charming falls for the evil stepsister????????? AHHH ALSO YESYESYESSSS

These ideas are FANTASTIC!!!! DO IT PLEASE XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres
                      • Total Posts: 691

aLSO A terrific aesthetic quote for the second idea would be Shookspeared’s quote “All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players”

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j
                        • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12

#1 Those NAMES! Gosh, they’re so beautiful!!!

#2 OOH! Such unique ideas! I LOVE them!

#3 Fairytale retellings? I’M IN!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@daisy-torres ahh that would be a great quote!!!!

thanks everybody!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

g_c_al
                          @g_c_al
                            • Total Posts: 16

@godlyfantasy12
                            Those sound amazing! I especially love the second one! Fairytale retellings are my favorite things to read (and write lol)! I wish you the best of luck in writing, and if you ever need help let me know😊!

Natalie C.
                            @nanisnook
                              • Total Posts: 154

@godlyfantasy12
                              Ooh reading those ideas makes me happy XD!! YES. To BOTH OF THEM. And I agree with @relia, I totally want to beta read. XD

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

relia
                              @relia
                                • Total Posts: 47

@godlyfantasy12

Yes! I would love to hear about it!

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

ella
                                @nova21
                                  • Total Posts: 604

@godlyfantasy12

Let me just say WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THOSE FIRST!!!??? XD  I’m in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!  Excited to see what happens, especially with the second one….

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                                  -gladiator, 2000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >