National Indie Author Day!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions National Indie Author Day!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

And y’all can ignore that last part.

Would *clears throat, trying not to laugh* @william-starkey like to join us?

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@gracie-j No, I haven’t seen Leon (or William, as his new name proclaims). I hope he’s doing well, though.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer
          • Total Posts: 243

@gracie-j Yep. I might cease reading reviews when I publish a book I’m really excited about (I… don’t want to read negative reviews of Calligraphy Guild when I publish that one XD), but for now there’s no harm done and I learn things, so it’s cool. ;D

It’s up to you. I might save Short Story Collection vol. 1 for last, since it’s probably the most indicative of my overall writing style and content so it kind of… sets proper expectations for books after it, but not so much for my other published works, lol. Maybe start with The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles since it’s the least happy? XD But it doesn’t really make a huge difference, lol.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by R.M. Archer.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

@gracie-j

I think it’s on this other site.
            Not sure what it’s called.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
            @william-starkey
              • Total Posts: 634

@gracie-j Ha. Ha. Yes, I’m here. To be precise: I’m definitely here. After all, remember I told you I only go by “Leon Fleming” on the internet?

@devastate-lasting
              Actually, “Leon Fleming” was just a pseudonym which I no longer use. “William Starkey” is my real name. Unfortunately, I can’t change my URL which includes the name “leonfleming”, but oh, well.

But anyways: I’ve published one book through Kindle Direct Publishing, which is currently entitled A String of Words: The First Anthology Volume. This, as noted in the title, is the first anthology in a series of future poetry volumes of my own. The next one I hope to be significantly longer.

You can find me on Goodreads as William Starkey. This is my website: http://www.leonfleming.net

Re-Note on the URL for my website: The “leonfleming” in there was once my pen-name, and was the name I was using when I bought that URL. It’ll be changed sometime next year, I’d hope.

You can find my book on Amazon. But I’d note that I’m making several changes to it (cover, some of the content, etc.) so if you’re considering buying it, I’d advise y’all to wait until further notice (for the further notice: you can sign up for my newsletter, if you want). There is a cover displayed on that Newsletter page which is the final cover for A String of Words. If you, however, want to become a member of my website (in which case, you can comment on the Blog posts/etc.) then you can find adequate means on the site itself.

A side note on the first edition of A String of Words: on Goodreads, there may appear another book called “A String of Words” which is the first edition of my anthology. NOTE: this first edition is not for sale, as it was certainly flawed in many places (edits, etc.). The second edition is certainly better, anyways. This note was meant mainly to clear any confusion that might arise from that.

FINAL NOTE: there is no ebook of any sort available for my book. This is unfortunate, true. I tried and failed several times to publish one, but every time I failed.

I’m sorry but all the links I had keep disappearing, and this post refuses to post. Which is very frusterating as you can imagine.

@william-starkey

I had two other links in there, by the way.

@william-starkey

Wow. It actually let me post something.

@william-starkey

I can’t believe this is working.

@william-starkey
                      @william-starkey

Here’s the second link: https://www.leonfleming.net/newsletter

@william-starkey

Wow. All I can say it wow. How absolutely ridiculous! XD

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j
                            • Total Posts: 1789

@william-starkey A pleasure to finally meet you, sir. *tips hat* (Question: have you ever gone by Bill? Just wonderin’.) *shakes hand* A pleasure indeed.

I’m glad you showed up! And, yes. *sighs roughly* Them darn links. It took me forever to get my post to work, so… Thank God it did!

Don’t know if you saw, but I’m doing interviews of my fellow indie authors, which I’ll post on my blog, one a month (’til I run out of people to interview), starting on Nov. 7th, if you’d like some publicity.

@r-m-archer
                            I feel ya. Me and criticism don’t jive, but I know I need it. Of course, all my reviews were from friends and family, so they’re all super positive.

Thanks for the guidance! I’ll get started right away!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

R.M. Archer
                            @r-m-archer
                              • Total Posts: 243

@gracie-j I like to think I have a fairly healthy relationship with criticism, overall, but after I’ve gotten critique from betas and sensitivity readers and editors and I’ve published CG… I don’t want to hear bad things about it. It’s my baby. Once I’ve fixed it up to the best of my ability I just want to keep my warm fuzzies about it. XD

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting
                                • Total Posts: 1700

@william-starkey Whoa, how did you change your tag? That’s so cool. Anyway, welcome back, my dude. Nice photo.

Oh, and I may have, uh, made my website on a whim And since links are working again, here it is.

https://zhanglinyang.weebly.com/

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                Would you mind letting me know
                                If hours don't turn into days

@william-starkey

@gracie-j Bill? NO. That reminds me of raisins.

Yeah, the links are terrible. They mess up everything.

Yea, I heard about that. What’s the procedure?

@devastate-lasting
                                  How did I change my tag? MAGIC!

Yeah, thanks; I’m here, for sure. Gee thanks.

Nice site! (I only really saw the front, though…still. You write music? Nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >