Nano-like writing site

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Nano-like writing site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

Hey guys,

I know a lot of Christians (including me) have dropped out of Nanowrimo because of the beliefs they’re promoting. However– I’ve found another site that can track words in a similar way to Nano, and I’ve started using it. It’s year-round, which is pretty cool. If you want to join it, we can be friends on there. 🙂 My username is ekseaver. Feel free to shoot me a friend request. Here’s the site: writetrack.davidsgale.com

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

I’m so glad to hear about how many people are dropping nanowrimo. I’ve been looking at WrtieTrack and it seems pretty cool. If anyone else is interested, something else I’m doing instead of nano is the King’s Daughters Writing Camp. It’s pretty great. 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

Hey, just wanted to ask what’s the thing with dropping NaNoWriMo at the moment? I’m not really active on there through most of the year so if anything wild went down, I definitely haven’t heard of it???

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

E. K. Seaver
          @e-k-seaver

@jenwriter17 wrote a blog post on it, I believe. (Actually, her post was the one that finally made me delete my account. XD) She’d answer the question better than I could.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@seekjustice

Yeah, I did do a post about it. My issues with the organization was mainly them pushing LGBTQ+ stories/books (even with their children’s program) and also promoting the defunding of police. Both things I strongly disagree with.

www.jennaterese.com

R.M. Archer
              @r-m-archer
                • Total Posts: 243

I actually wrote a whole blog post listing alternatives, lol, so if anyone wants additional options…

I’ll have to check out WriteTrack, too. That one’s new to me. 🙂

I haven’t yet decided whether or not to leave, personally. There are definitely compelling reasons to leave (as mentioned, heavy LGBTQ+ promotion and approaches to the race issue that I think are crippling to community), but I’m also part of a significant Christian community on the NaNo forums that aims to be a patch of light and a positive witness, and I haven’t yet figured out which weighs heavier with my own conscience. 😛

But it is encouraging to see people saying “This has gone too far.” That’s something I think we need to do more of, not only with NaNo but in general, and it’s encouraging to see people moving that way. 🙂

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                @william-starkey
                  • Total Posts: 634

@e-k-seaver Well, I don’t know much about NaNoWriMo or what’sitcalled (though it doesn’t seem like its head is screwed on right), but I’ll be writing through November just like any month. And collecting word counts like usual. Actually, I’m planning on writing a half-ways large project in November. What’s everybody else writing that’s large right now? (I mean, besides the obvious, of course.)

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j
                    • Total Posts: 1789

@everybody-who’s-replied-to-this-forum-topic

Firstly, I hadn’t heard of NaNoWriMo until, eh, I joined this forum. *nervous laughter* Which was two months ago. *grins sheepishly* I’m one of those who write under a rock. *laughs out loud*

Secondly, @leon-fleming, I’m halfway through my third full-length novel, and I hope to have it finished by the end of the year. Which means I have to write roughly 50,000 words in two months (I’ve already written 81,000). *more nervous laughter* Which means that, thanks to @e-k-seaver, I’m going to be trying out WriteTrack to keep myself focused. Lord knows I need to focus.

Thirdly, I just want to applaud all of y’all. Admittedly, I’m a bit of a cynic concerning the current generation and their conformity to today’s culture, and I’ve had some bad experiences with people who claim to be “Christians” but don’t believe everything that the Bible says. And I say all this to say that I am so encouraged by all of you wonderful young people (that sounds like a old lady) and inspired by how y’all stay true to the Word and your faith. I greatly appreciate your values and how kind you all are. You have restored my faith in humanity! (All right, I’m not that cynical…I think.) Anyway…just a word of encouragement. Keep it up. Stay your course. Don’t let the world drag you down. Y’all are awesome!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j *grins* That means a lot. Our generation is… something else (but aren’t all of them?) and it’s always encouraging when someone says that we’re successfully shining God’s light. 😀

@leon-fleming, I’m writing the second book in the series of which I’m currently querying the first. Well, rewriting the second. The first draft was half the length it needed to be, had two characters dating that shouldn’t be, intense melodrama that is perfectly unnecessary, and I looked everywhere–under couches, behind cupboards, and even in my nonexistent sock drawer– and I couldn’t find the plot anywhere. That’s all (hopefully) going to be fixed in this draft.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver My pleasure! It’s true, though. We think back on the past (be it the 1960s or the 1660s) and automatically assume that things were better back then…but there is nothing new under the sun.

Also, have you tried looking in the fridge? It’s strange the things you can find in the fridge. (But that may just be me…I have a little sister who likes to “collect” certain objects and “store” them in certain places.) I do so hope you find it. Maybe…in the cookie jar? Under the bed? Nestled on your bookshelf somewhere?

E. K. Seaver
                        @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j Even with this election coming up (which both candidates– *cringes*) everyone claims this is THE BIGGEST ELECTION EVER OH MY GOODNESS HOW WILL WE SURVIVE.
                          And guess what? The next election will be THE BIGGEST ELECTION EVER AND HOW WILL WE SURVIVE IT????
                          You’re right. Nothing is new under the sun.

I did look in the fridge and under my bed. I also looked under all four of my sisters’ beds, where they normally hide things (Though what they’d want to do with a flimsy, half-formed plot I wouldn’t know.) I have found pieces of it on my bookshelf– oh dear, that means it’s broken, doesn’t it? Well, I ought to go try to find the pieces now I guess.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice
                            • Total Posts: 3365

@e-k-seaver @jenwriter17

Ah fair. Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad you guys are being willing to stand up and make your convictions known. I think that’s something we as younger Christians don’t really do as much and it makes me happy to know that you guys are still willing to go against the flow 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver Broken? Oh, no! The horror! You’ll find it, though, trust me. I’ve lost plots hundreds of times before and they usually turn up.

So true! It seems like just yesterday everyone was freaking out about the 2016 election. Will it ever end?

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@gracie-j Aw, that’s so uplifting, Gracie. Thanks for sharing those words. 🙂 <3

OH MY WORD YES everyone’s going on about how important this election is and I’ve never seen so many advertisements reminding people to register to vote. EVERY ELECTION IS IMPORTANT.

Also, anyone else watch the presidential debate? *face palm*

www.jennaterese.com

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j

@jenwriter17 You’re welcome! 😊

I’m trying to distance myself from politics–ha, ha. (I have been keeping up-to-date on the president’s health, though.) It’s overwhelming, and I have a low tolerance rate. Seriously, it is the exact. same. thing. every. single. time. And I’m sure people went crazy a hundred years ago too. Why can’t people just get a grip?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >