My WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    TheArcaneAxiom
    @thearcaneaxiom
      • Total Posts: 1253

@kyronthearcanin

Ok, so on my WIP. It always feels kinda hard for me to know where to start, because it is a multiverse. So what would you like to hear about? Some lore, languages, cultures, races, the seven eras of my world, stories, characters the math, ect?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

@thearcaneaxiom

Oooh hard decision lol. Out of those, I’d probably be most interested in the characters, languages, and cultures, since I’m working on incorporating that into my own writing.

Also, wish me luck! I’ll be gone from one to three playing music for the school I used to go to. 🙂

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
        @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

Alright, so for the legal system, there is what they call the Orythian Council (Orythia is most likely going to be their solar system). It is made up of two representatives from each kingdom on every planet. They usually decide the laws, though they have to be approved by at least four planets to go through. I can try to answer any other questions you may have as well, this is just kind of a quick summary.

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Also, wish me luck! I’ll be gone from one to three playing music for the school I used to go to. 🙂

Good Luck!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Alright, so for the legal system, there is what they call the Orythian Council (Orythia is most likely going to be their solar system). It is made up of two representatives from each kingdom on every planet. They usually decide the laws, though they have to be approved by at least four planets to go through. I can try to answer any other questions you may have as well, this is just kind of a quick summary.

Ok, so this makes sense, but at what point was this established and why? While four sounds like a good number, they still need to all agree to that from the beginning, meaning it needs to be a full five vote, and not even from the representatives, but the actual leaders as well. Was there a interplanetary war that was so big, that after the dust settled, they all agreed to form the council?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

There was a war, in which the Lupinari and the Serpenree nearly wiped each other out. It was before Dragor became king of the Serpenree, so he himself never actually agreed to it, and probably never would have. The council, anticipating that someday another ruler would try to take over, made the four-planet rule.

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Ok, sweet, so in that case I’ll get into mostly Omialian cultures (Omialia is the 3rd of 7 eras of my world) because it’s the most developed, then I’ll get into some of my favorite characters separately.

Before we get into what the cultures are like, we must get into what Omialia actually is. Imagen a space of closely clustered planetoids (zoom out enough, and they are clustered into a big sphere), each with there own equal gravitational field, and are mostly static in position (Ground physics is fundamentally different here, so gravity has nothing to do with mass. Also each field has a defined boundary. I would love to go in depth into the actual nature of what’s going on here if your interested, but this is all you need to know for now). So this sets the scene of the 3rd era, a strange world where up and down has a different meaning. Two ‘suns’ ‘orbit’ this world (I put quotations because they aren’t necessarily suns, nor are they actually orbiting in any traditional sense), but because of these planetoids, or omias in Lasi’el, the light only makes it so far, creating a boundary where no light touches called the Alunakan in Rrajlan (classic dark forest troupe, no one comes out kinda deal). Outside of this border, we see snowy regions about its equator, beyond that, omias tend to be full of green plant life of varying kinds (other than the Omialian poles, those are drylands) Now we set the stage for the three biggest human cultures that form what is called the Ring Union, between the Verna, Lasi’el, and Rrajlan peoples.

Starting with the Rrajlan. The Rrajlan are are hardy people that live in the frozen lands, close to the Alunakan. They value strength, and purity of heart, but also the right kind of purity. They live in a world of snow, so white is a very common thing in their day to day. Thus it is typical, temporal, and impure to their eyes. They use great fires to keep warm, and eventually, they discover the medical value of charcoal (yes, that’s is a real thing). When they took charcol, they discovered that it was a great cleanser or poison and some disease, it was a purifier. Eventually the idea of black being a symbol of purity was a deeply engrained concept to them. They go further with this concept, a child in the womb is pure, and upon being born, letting light and white enter into you, you lose your purity and inner sight. This being said, they know and named the Alunakan (meaning ‘bad dark’ in their language), and believe it to be very evil. But it is also black, a dark sheet of abyss. They reconcile with this by developing the idea that there are different types of purity derived from darkness, that the degrees of purity are independent of good and evil. Thus, things like Charcoal are seen a pure good, and things like the Alunakan are of pure evil. Thus is one of their main values. (Personally, I obviously believe light to be the true symbol of both good and purity, specifically the light of Christ. I get into that idea with the deeper themes of the nature of this universe. However, this isn’t not to say that the Rrajlan are evil in any way, this is just how their culture developed).

Language fun fact: Back in the early days of their development in language and culture, they actually simply ate ice, instead of drink water. Because of this, they had a word for ice before they did water. Though they like meat, they have a love for a special fruit that can survive the hearty weather, and like to juice it, to either make drinks or make frozen goods. So the term for water, v’varr was actually derived from vu varru meaning ice juice.

Next the Lasi’el. Beyond the ice and snow, there is much green, and color, the classic picture of Omialia. This is where the Lasi’el are, they are true embracers of what this world can give. The Word Omialia is from lasi’el, derived from omia, which is the name they use for the individual planetoids, but the actual meaning is actually a verb, to give. It is a continual giving. They value thought, knowledge, and truth. Their monarch, called the Jan (jahn with a more french j), has the key role, other than being a ruler, to be a holder of knowledge, and to teach freely to all. They study everything from STEM to arts to magical languages. Because of their location, they are a very successful trading nation. They act like a bridge between the other two nations in the Union, taking goods of various kinds, as well as knowledge. They also love to adventure to other lands to further explore and gain understanding, and because of them, they may be the only reason the Shal’le are willing to interact with humans at all. (The Shal’le is a whole other can of worms of worldbuilding race and culture, I’ll stick to the Ring Union for now though unless your interested.)

Language fun fact: Because they put emphasis on the idea of thought, when you ask how are you in Lasi’el, you actually say either the informal ‘Mae esho vwij?’ meaning ‘good think you?’ or ‘are you thinking well?’ or the formal ‘Mae sho’ijel omia vwij?’ meaning ‘good thoughts giving you?’ or ‘Have you been given good thoughts?’.

Finally, the Verna. We go to the edge of the word, where there is a sky, a horizon, and a more preserved concept of up and down. The Verna are actually a split group from the Lasi’el. They value things like light, truth, and principle. They have a strong taboo over standing on a omia in a direction other than what would be outwards pointing from Omialia. This way they can be as close to one of the ‘suns’ as they can at all times. Nobles will often build expensive buildings that float in the sky, made from Lisium, the stone that causes gravity in this world. That way they can be closer to the ‘suns’, but also look down on those still stuck to the surface of the world. They like to look at any accomplishment of the Lasi’el, and often try to one up them.

Language fun fact: The Vernan language is very similar to Lasi’el, and doesn’t yet at least have too much to tell for being underdeveloped. That being said, their number system is fun. The Lasi’el developed a number system based off of a modular place value, but the Verna thought they could do better by developing a completely different number system, and to boast about their skill in math, they decided to use a place value system of the prime numbers. This is very useful because multiplication becomes a no brainer, but at a very great cost of addition. This actually gets into what in our world is called the abc conjecture, and is currently an open problem. Despite this large issue, the Verna hold it proudly as their slandered.

These 3 human cultures are vastly different, but ultimately work together peacefully. Their positions basically allow them to have dominion over the 3 main layers (or rings. Rings might give a bad intuition, because they’re actually spheres, but they call them rings because that’s what they look like on their 2d maps.) of Omialia.

TheArcaneAxiom
                  @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

There was a war, in which the Lupinari and the Serpenree nearly wiped each other out. It was before Dragor became king of the Serpenree, so he himself never actually agreed to it, and probably never would have. The council, anticipating that someday another ruler would try to take over, made the four-planet rule.

So the council appeared because of this war, right?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

Wow! That sounds so cool!

You really thought that out a lot, and I enjoyed reading it. I’ve until now been more of a pantser, though I’ve always enjoyed worldbuilding, and have started to dive into it more recently.

The council appeared because of the war, yes.

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

I’ll mention four of my favorite characters so far.

Tailen

Though I’ve been talking about Omialia this whole time, Tailen is actually from the peak end of the first era (appears more sci fi), which was a lot more earthlike, as it was an actually solid, spherical ‘planet’. We first meet him when he is pulled into 4 dimensional space by 4d creatures they simply call phantoms. For whatever reason, he is placed back into the 3d plane. However, he does not walk away unharmed. Before he was sent back, he was rotated by a 4 dimensional axis. What this would mean from a 3 dimensional perspective is he would basically become his mirror self (His heart would be on the other side and stuff). You may not think that this is too much of a problem, but it’s a big issue. There is this property in nature called homochirality. This means that things like sugars, proteins, dna, ect, all either have the same right handed chirality, or a left handed chirality. The helix of dna spins all the same direction in all of nature for intuition of what that means. This property of nature exists for maximize efficiency. Now if something were to enter our biosphere where any of these chirality’s are flipped, it would be biologically incompatible with everything else. Thus Tailen here, being suddenly biologically incompatible with everything else, will essentially starve. He can still drink water, but any food would do nothing for his body, and wouldn’t have much flavor. So at most, he essentially has a month to live. Does he accept it, or does he strive to find a way to cheat death…?

137-1618Z “Thing” (A better name will be given to her eventually, but for now, that’s all she is to Tailen)

137-1618z is a little robot that is paired up with Tailen when he is brought to the Wraith. The Wraith being a facility that specializes in studying everything about the 4th dimension, the phantoms, and their victims (spoiler alert, they aren’t the good guys). When the Wraith took Tailen, they gave him the quote “most compatible personality” companion in the form of a robot. 137-1618Z, or Thing he eventually starts calling her, loves to talk and talk and talk about any random fact that may or may not be relevant, and is more than eager to answer any question Tailen asks. Tailen at this point is not fond of her, calling her, it, the robot, and now after asking him about it, he dubbed her Thing, to which she was overjoyed by the idea of having a name. To Tailen, though he doesn’t like her, she seems to be the only thing with any actual personality in the Wraith. Is she really a friendly robot, or is Tailen right to be unkind…?

N’nesha

N’nesha is a Shal’le from the third era, Omialia. Funny, I didn’t talk about them, but here is a very small summery: The Shal’le are a people with two lines of thought, where we only have one. This influences their language, culture, and everything else. Think like a whole race and culture of people with dual personality disorder and/or split-mind. While the culture is well developed, N’nesha isn’t really quite yet. That being said, at the point of her story, she has just found Rrachelek, a vital part of their identity and progress, where you master both sides of yourself. She aspires to learn many magical languages, and this is the point where she may be able to persue that. Her two sides, Neshe and Nele, like to play the roles of pessimist and optimist simply put. She mastered both sides, but which will ultimately be right about her future…?

Liren

Liren is a man who’s past is unknown to all but himself. Non even know his true name. He wields a sword, Kirrtes. The reality is that Kirrtes controls Liren completely. Kirrtes is the master here, and Liren can only watch. When Kirrtes pierces flesh of any kind, Liren suddenly is enveloped into that persons mind, feeling every pain and emotion, as they watch a monster look down at them with a blade imbedded in their chest. For this, Liren hates Kirrtes, but for the same reason, he hates himself even more. Will he ever be freed of this, if so, what would he do…?

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Thanks! Yeah, I’m kinda all over the place honestly when it comes to worldbuilding. I either just worldbuild on and on, but I need to just sit down and write sometimes.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                          @kyronthearcanin

@thearcanaxiom

All these characters are so good! Oh man, these are kind of characters that if they ever actually died, I would be super, really, really sad lol. I am curious to how Liren and Kirrtes met. (Hmmm. But only he knows. So would you know? Oh wait, you meant in the book…)

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@keilah-h

Alright, here it is! On the first page, anyway.

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@kyronthearcanin Thanks!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheArcaneAxiom
                                @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

All these characters are so good! Oh man, these are kind of characters that if they ever actually died, I would be super, really, really sad lol. I am curious to how Liren and Kirrtes met. (Hmmm. But only he knows. So would you know? Oh wait, you meant in the book…)

Thanks! Means I’m doing something right if they’re pulling heart strings XD. Right, speaking in terms of in the book, but I’m not gonna say nothing:)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >