My Love Has Gone Across the Sea (WFS fan fic)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Short Story Critiques My Love Has Gone Across the Sea (WFS fan fic)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

@esther-c

Yeah… um…

I can promise that it will not be Lukas.

*Sigh of relief* Okay good! 😅

I think he’s going to be in a sequel with Skylar and Fynn, so neither will they die. And I would definitely not kill off Ami or Ev. (I guess that narrows it down to six charries…) If you really want to know, I can tell you over on the spoiler forum. 😏

Ooh! Okay that’s good! Hmm….yeah tell me XD I’ll be on the spoiler forum!

#HugRikerSquad

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3205

@lightoverdarkness6

Ooh! Okay that’s good! Hmm….yeah tell me XD I’ll be on the spoiler forum!

Alright! I need to skedaddle at the moment, but I’ll get to it today or tomorrow. 😁

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6
          • Total Posts: 1626

@esther-c

Okay girl! Sounds good! Talk to ya later! 😀

#HugRikerSquad

Gwyndalf the Wise
          @gwyndalf-the-wise
            • Total Posts: 404

@esther-c

Oh girl. Thank you for this. I…did not know I needed this reminder. Thanks.

XD y’ALL aNd yOuR eXpReSsIve wRiTiNg aRe mAkInG mE eMoTiOnAl aGaIn

*standing ovation* *well not standing but I would be if I could be*

This…is amazing. It fits the song so well (yes I heard it XD I REALLY REALLY LIKE the music XD I like all the music for Wingfeather). I don’t have any critiques at the moment, I’m too blown away.

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
            (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Esther
            @esther-c

@gwyndalf-the-wise

Oh my word, girl, that means so much!!! 🥲😆 You are too sweet!! 🥰 Thank you so much!!! 😊❤️

This…is amazing. It fits the song so well (yes I heard it XD I REALLY REALLY LIKE the music XD I like all the music for Wingfeather). I don’t have any critiques at the moment, I’m too blown away.

I’m so glad! That was my goal. 😄 (Definitely. music is ✨amazing✨!)

Aw, again, thank you so much!! 😊

Felicity
              @felicity
                • Total Posts: 811

@esther-c

When I saw the title of this topic my mouth dropped open like YESSSS. I absolutely love the song and it makes me cry almost every time.

The story is bittersweet but really good. You did an amazing job!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom
                  • Total Posts: 1250

@esther-c

I love it!!! I haven’t read WingFeather, nor have I ever gotten into fan-fiction, but I could tell why you wanted to give the context to the song, it’s very beautiful. I don’t really have any criticisms, but you mentioned realism, and I would say that this has far more of a romanticized vibe, but in a really good and emotionally fulfilling way. Well done!!!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
                  @esther-c

@felicity

Yes, the song is soooo good!!

Thanks so much!!! 😄😊

@thearcaneaxiom

Thanks!!! 😃😊

Starshiness
                    @starshiness
                      • Total Posts: 174

@esther-c

Oh my goodness this was so beautiful, so sad but so well-written!! Augh, what a tender, beautiful couple, that hurt when I realized she died 😭. I haven’t read the Wingfeather Saga (not yet at least!) so I was glad this didn’t need any background knowledge.

The only critique I might offer would be this: during Meira’s internal struggle about the possibility of Amatus leaving, we hear a lot about her feelings about the matter. I would imagine that her words and expressions would not have been lost on Amatus, so realistically I would have expected him to try and comfort her more, you know? It would encourage the idea that the theme of unselfish love was mutual. There’s a focus on Meira’s sacrificial action of being strong enough to let him leave, but the reader might appreciate some assurance from Amatus that he really believed this to be the best thing for both of them and wasn’t being insensitive, doing this out of a selfish ambition to “see the world” or something. A little bit of sympathetic dialogue on his part might be a worthwhile addition to remedy this, in my opinion. Hope this helps! 🙂

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Esther
                      @esther-c

@starshiness

Thanks!!! 😄😊

Oh ok, that’s a really good point. That’s a really good idea. Thanks for the help! 😀

Starshiness
                        @starshiness
                          • Total Posts: 174

@esther-c Of course, I’m glad I could say something useful!

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Euodia
                          @euodia-vision
                            • Total Posts: 1306

AHHHH @esther-c, why must you do this to me?!?! I just finished reading The Warden and the Wolf King last week and I HAVE NOT BEEN DOING EMOTIONALLY WELL SINCE, NOW I READ THIS AND AHHHHHH *can’t handle anything anymore* *sobs for a while*

*clears throat* well now that that’s out of the way… this was WONDERFUL! You captured TWS beautifully! The only thing that felt a little cheesy to me was how much true love was mentioned. Idk why but the phrase ‘true love’ has always seemed cheesy to me since I watched The Princess Bride. 😂 But besides that this was amazing and I love/hate you for writing this. 😭❤

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Esther
                            @esther-c

@euodia-vision

AHHH!!!! I’m so sorry!! 😭 But at the same time I’m so glad!! 😆😆

The only thing that felt a little cheesy to me was how much true love was mentioned. Idk why but the phrase ‘true love’ has always seemed cheesy to me since I watched The Princess Bride. 😂

Lol, I get that. Because of tons of movies and books that have been made/written, I feel like true love is often misrepresented or made to look cheesy. I tried to represent it well, but I can understand where you’re coming from. I kinda felt the same way. XD

Anyway, thank you so much!!! 😊😄

LandriC
                              @landric
                                • Total Posts: 105

@esther-c

THIS IS FANTASTIC. I AM IN TEARS.

That’s one of my favorite songs, and you did so well with it!!! Ack…I have to calm down…

Anyway, spot on prose, girl!! The way you wove in the song was priceless. If you make edits, great, but DO NOT touch the storyline!! Esther, this is amazing. Truly.

"To death or to victory"

Esther
                                @esther-c

@landric

Ahh!!!! 😆 Thank you so much!!! 🥰

That means a lot, especially knowing that my prose was spot on, cuz that’s big struggle of mine. 😅😊😄

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >