KP-versaries!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Ingrid
    @ingridrd
      • Total Posts: 830

Two years ago today I saw the words Not a member yet? Join HERE after having stalked this website for a week or so.  I heard about Kingdom Pen from my sister, but I really had no interest in joining…until I did.  🙂

I’d been needing and wanting a place to grow as a young writer.  And I cannot even put into words how much this crazy place has aided me in my endeavors.  You all are like one big happy family to me.  Thank you for the laughs you’ve provided, the smiles you’ve so often put on my face, and most of all thank you for being real, vulnerable, and true friends through thick and thin.

I thought this could be a place to celebrate our future KP-versaries.  🙂

Long live the Keepers/Kapeefers!  😉 😉 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Ingrid
      @ingridrd

@rolena-hatfield @that_writer_girl_99 @daughteroftheking @dekreel @anyandallKapeefers

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@ingridrd  Two years! *high five*  Honestly, this place wouldn’t be the same without you and your wonderful enthusiasm.

… Is your sister also on the forums?!

That’s a good idea! *waits impatiently for October*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ingrid
          @ingridrd

@dekreel Yes, she is a senior and has a LOT of schoolwork so she’s not on here a ton anymore.

Joy
            @dekreel

@ingridrd  What’s her username? I’m just seeing if I recognize her… 🙂

Ingrid
              @ingridrd

@dekreel  Oh yeah, it’s @gretald 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien
                  • Total Posts: 440

Congrats on your two years! My two years is coming up in… September. I can’t believe I’ve been on here that long. And that short, really, when I think of all the people I know so well now, and that I’ve only really known them for a year and a half.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

NC Stokes
                  @daughteroftheking
                    • Total Posts: 1156

@ingridrd HAPPY KP-VERSARY!!!! *throws confetti, glitter, and a lot of other random objects* I’m so glad you joined the insanity. xD

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ingrid
                    @ingridrd

@anne-of-lothlorien  I know, right?  It’s seems so short and yet so long…

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd

@daughteroftheking  Thanks.  I’m glad too!  🙂

Alia
                        @alia
                          • Total Posts: 1253

@ingridrd, it seems strange that you’ve only been on for 2 years.

my third year is coming up sometime…I don’t really know when

WIP - Decisions
                          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Joy
                          @dekreel

October 23rd, 2017; 11:28 am CST. . .

*Sheepishly creeps into room, scrunching up shoulders* Ahem, Hi! I’m Dekreel. I’m new to the forums. I have been following Kingdom Pen for awhile, and even posted a poem once! AMA  🙂

That seems like such a long time ago. Things have changed drastically since then. . .

I can still remember typing in my name and info in the sign-up page, and I remember even more so how excited I was when I got the email back with the information needed to join. Once I was finally in, it felt like I had just been lead through. . . say. . . a wardrobe to a whole new world. I apprehensively made a new “Hello” topic and typed up a short greeting. I looked over it countless times to make sure it looked all right, took a deep breath and hit the submit button.

I stared at my finished message for several minutes, reloading the page occasionally in case maybe someone replied with a greeting. I wasn’t expecting much, maybe two or three simple “Welcome to KP” messages. Neither was I expecting what I encountered next.

Within minutes, I was greeted by a party of Kapeefers, all welcoming me with (what I imaging to be) the warmest faces and outstretched arms. I immediately fell in love with the community.

From then on, I logged on everyday to talk to my writing, flying, chair-melting, raspberry-craving awesome Kapeefer friends. I couldn’t get enough of the fellowship. I loved it so much, that I even spent months writing a fanfic about it (the KPA).

Those were good times. I wish everybody was still here. I can’t lie — Story Embers is awesome, but my heart will always stay in Kapeefer mode.

I’d like to thank you all, @dragon-snapper, @catwing, @sam-kowal, @daeus, @supermonkey42, @daughteroftheking and ALL the rest of you lot for everything! For making me a better writer, for encouraging each other to the end, for being great friends, for making me laugh, for being crazyawesome. I hope you continue to do so in Story Embers.

And I’d like to thank @rochellaine, @seekjustice, @jenwriter17, @ariel-ashira, and a few others that I would mention if I weren’t breaking the rules doing it (10 tags max.) for sticking with KP even when it fell apart. Even though I don’t stop by as often as you might want, I love our little tight-knit community. While I’d love it if it were bigger, I really appreciate you.

Praise God that I got to be a part of this amazing community of writers.

Ariel Ashira
                            @ariel-ashira
                              • Total Posts: 739

@dekreel I was SO intimidated when I joined.  It was a low point in my life, and I was afraid no one would like me and I would have my writing laughed at.  I didn’t know to tag someone, how to post a topic, what it meant to beta read, nothing.

I took a deep breath and posted a random comment on someone else’s topic, hoping to be noticed.  Some notawolf named Dekreel noticed, and told me how to post a topic so I could introduce myself.  I can’t tell you how much your noticing me meant.  And when you sent me a friend request the same day, I cried for fifteen minutes.

So, thanks for noticing me eight months ago.  KP has changed me and my writing like nothing else has.

"In a mask, was he?"

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42
                                • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel

I opened my email and saw, “ [Kingdom Pen] S.F. Dekreel mentioned you in a status update. “

Wow. It’s been a long time since I saw that. 🙂

It’s hard to believe my time here on KP was so short; I have so many good memories from it. Now that the people are mostly gone, though… I guess the name “Kingdom Pen” really doesn’t mean anything if the Kapeefers have left. It’s great that a faithful remnant has stayed on to keep the place alive, though. I’m still holding out hope that one day King Daeus will come charging back atop his golden stallion and reclaim the land of the KeePers.

Anyways, enough reminiscing. Thanks for tagging me, Dekreel. Thinking of the KPA, I just had an idea for one last snippet of Kapeefer literature, so I might see you guys in a few days. If not, I was probably devoured by dragons. 😉

A Kapeefer for life!
                                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

The fledgling Artist
                                @notawriter
                                  • Total Posts: 328

@dekreel Aww, so sweet. Happy KP-versarie!  I remember when I joined KP I thought you were one of the coolest people on here, and so when ever you and everyone else was so nice to me it made me feel really special. So thank you, Dekreel, for being such a sweetie!

and I was so confused

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >