Inter-genre Island

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Critiques β€Ί Short Story Critiques β€Ί Inter-genre Island

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Rameaux: β€œWhat now? If we don’t kill it in one blow, it will overturn our boat. Can anyone see its head?”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Rosey Mucklestone
      @writefury
        • Total Posts: 467

Quinn: It’s swimming to the other side. Building momentum for another charge at us. We’ll have one shot at it before we’re capsized. *pulls out dagger* Everyone take a different spot along the side of the boat. One of us is going to get it.

(I’m not going to be on tomorrow. You guys feel free to use Quinn if need be. Just don’t make him give any speeches or go crazy weird and you’ll be fine. πŸ˜› )

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

(Hm… *chuckles diabolically, rubs long, slender white hands together* Rosey won’t be here tomorrow… No seriously, I’ll certainly do my part to respect Quinn. We could just knock him out, then we’d have to carry him and wouldn’t have to worry about messing up his character. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› )
          Arianwen: *kneels by side of boat, draws knife and sweeps churning black water with wide eyes.* β€œI can see nothing aside from the turbulence of the water, and if he his scaled, nothing will penetrate his armor.”

Daeus
          @daeus

Rameaux: *Mutterings about gun followed by silent contemplation on the issue. Picks up pistol and hurls it with great force at monster. Strikes it in the head*

*Monster halts its charge and twists in the mirk then lifts its ugly head above the water in rage and hisses menacingly also showing its deadly fangs.*

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

Anna, shuddering as she looks at creature: β€œIf I use the whole charge from my pistol I might be to-” *Monster starts to charge again* *Anna twists the gauge on her pistol to allow the whole charge to shoot at once and shoots at creature* *Monster wallows in mud, smashing against side of boat and almost overturning it before sinking into mud.* *Anna grips side of boat and draws a shaky breath as she holster her pistol.* β€œWell, that’s the last I have. I hope one of you will have a strong enough weapon for the next creature. At least we’ll be able to fight it on land.” *motions to nearing shore*

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Hope Ann.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

The Happy Bookaholic
              @the-happy-bookaholic
                • Total Posts: 61

An, appearing on island: β€œWhat on earth is this random place? Is there food? Tell me there’s food. Who on earth are all you guys?” *Spins around and sees monster* β€œAnd what on earth is that THING?”

(Sorry I’m late. Was hung up over a two-day conference.)

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *cupping hands to mouth* β€œSir! Come around the swamp and meet us on the northeastern shore! Do notβ€” tryβ€” to crossβ€” the swamp! As you value your life, come around!”
                  *turns, grabs hold of hanging vine and pulls canoe closer to shore**huge slithering green snake drops out of tree and writhes over her shoulders, hissing, and glaring with slitted eyes**Arianwen starts, stifles scream, then straightens slowly**in trembling voice* β€œTake him away, please. Take him off.”

Daeus
                  @daeus

Rameaux: *Glad to have something to take his frustration out on grabs snake by tail and swings it violently against the side of the canoe smashing its head* β€œWell that’s some gratification. What I’d really like to do though is burry my knife in one of those hairy monsters. That makes two reasons to get to shore.”

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

Arianwen: *sigh of relief* β€œThank you, my lord.” *boat bumps against shore, Arianwen scrambles out and stumbles up the bank quickly, clutching thorny, clinging vines and keeping wary eyes out for any movement* β€œWhere are we now, Quinn?”
                      *no answer*
                      *Arianwen twists to glance over shoulder at boat. Quinn is crumpled up in his seat, unmoving, and strange, poison-green mist is creeping over the water.* Arianwen: *half screaming* β€œCome out of that, all of you! Quinn! Someone help him!” *begins to scramble back down bank.*

Daeus
                      @daeus

Rameaux: *Coughing. Heaves Quinn out of the boat then stumbles on shore himself and collapses on the ground. Continues to cough.*

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Rosey Mucklestone
                        @writefury

(Thanks, guys. I’m back. πŸ™‚ )

Quinn: *coughs and sits up, shaking head*

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

(Well good! Quinn didn’t have to stay knocked out for too long, then. πŸ˜› )

Arianwen stares at creeping mist, turning slowly white, then takes deep breath and cries β€œCome away, all of you! There is a path hereβ€” leading up from the swamp towards the summit of the mountain. Perhaps if we abandon the swamp we will also leave this… mist behind.” *turns, starts up path quickly, glancing anxiously from side to side*

Rosey Mucklestone
                            @writefury

Quinn: *gets a little shakily to his feet* I agree with Lady Arianwen. *looks at compass* We’re not too far off course. It looks like that path leads in the right direction, too.

Hope Ann
                              @hope
                                • Total Posts: 1092

Anna: β€œAnd keep your ears open for a spring or something; I’m getting desperately thirsty.” *looks up at looming mountain as the whole party starts forward along the swamp edge.*

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

Arianwen scrambles over edge of bank and comes to sudden halt, staring through the last remnants of the thorn thicket into a rocky valley sloping sharply down into the land at her feet. At the far end of the valley is a 1600’s mansion, fenced in with barbed wire and concrete. A road leads through the valley and to the house, then past the house and up what appears to be a path on the side of the Mountain. *frowns in puzzlement.* β€œWhat is this?”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >