I’m new!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE I’m new!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Beth
    @hannah-beth
      • Total Posts: 12

Hello! My name is Hannah Beth. I write romance (historical, fantasy, and contemporary) and retellings of classics and fairy tales. I can’t wait to get to know everyone!

God bless!

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

@hannah-beth

Nice to meet you, Hannah! Welcome to KP. I’m sure you’ll meet some great people here. 🙂

I’m Solfyre, or Ava, or whatever you’d like to call me XD. I’m entering highschool in less than a month and homeschool with my little brother (who doesn’t write, sigh. He codes. But I shouldn’t care cause he’s working on stuff for my books XD) I write fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, basically all of the above with writing. I enjoy romance but don’t quite have the hang of it yet lol. I love anything dragons, wolves, and music (especially guitar). My cat, Stripes, enjoys sitting on top of my computer while I’m trying to type (lol, he’s doing it right now).

Aaaanyway, enough about me! I’ve got some newbie questions for you! 😃

1. What’s your favorite mythical creature?

2. Favorite fairytale?

3. What’s your WIP about?

4. Finally, what are some of your favorite books?

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
        @kyronthearcanin

Now for some tags! 🙂

@gwyndalf-the-wise
          @thearcaneaxiom @felicity @whalekeeper @janellebelovedpig @godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @starshiness @euodia-vision @anyone-i-forgot

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@hannah-beth

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, homeschooled, almost-high-school, amateur writer!!

My WIP is a dystopian YA trilogy called the Endoxos Trilogy. Besides that though, I have many many other ideas for future stories. 😂

Anywhoooo, time for some newbie questions! 😄

1. Who is your favorite OC (original character) to write? Why?

2. Who are your favorite authors?

3. If you could visit any country in the world, where would it be and why?

4. What is one of your favorite hobbies? (Besides writing of course. 😉 )

Nice to meet you, Hannah, and hope to see ya around!!

Now to tag some other Keepers to say hi!

@kyronthearcanin
            , you beat me to the tags. XD I’ll tag a few more. 😉

@sarafini @janellebelovedpig @princesachronicle22 @loopylin @anyone-else!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Felicity
            @felicity
              • Total Posts: 811

@hannah-beth

Welcome Hannah! It’s a pleasure to meet you! I’m Felicity, a homesteader and follower of Jesus. Though I don’t write sole Romance, lots of characters from my stories tend to fall in love, even some that I don’t want to! 😉 I write Historical, Contemporary, and non-magical Fantasy. I enjoy languages, SPRING, and creativity.

Mind if I ask a few get-to-know-you questions?

1. What is your favorite Historical time period?

2. Do you have a favorite Bible book?

3. Which is better: cursive or print?

Hope you have a great time on here! See you around!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

PrincesaChronicle22
              @princesachronicle22
                • Total Posts: 759

@hannah-beth

*Waves in greeting*

Hello! I’m Princesachronicle, nice to meet you! I love romance stories of all kinds (as long as they’re clean of course) fairy tale retellings are really fun and modern ones are just adorable! I have an idea for a mix of the two which I’m excited for

I’m currently writing a fantasy called Viscounts Daughter which has been fun! And my other interests than writing are art, dancing and reading

Some questions!

Which has been your favorite character to write and why?

What is your curent WIP (work in progress) about?

On a scale of one to rainbow, what is your favorite type of popcorn?

If you were stranded on an island what five items would you bring?

I think thats all from me but hope to see you around!!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                And guess what? His is eternal (:

Hannah Beth
                @hannah-beth

Reply To: I’m new!
                  Hello, @kyronthearcanin !

To answer your questions:

1. dragons
                  2. Beauty and the Beast 🥰
                  3. My WIP (Kindred Spirits) is a retelling of Anne of Green Gables through a series of blog posts written by Anne. I think I’m about 3/4 done?
                  4. My favorites from this year are North and South and The Book Thief.

Hi @esther-c !

1. My modern version of Anne Shirley
                  2. Chuck Black, Melanie Dickerson, Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, and L M Montgomery.
                  3. IRELAND!!!!!! It’s beautiful, full of history, and I LOVE the accents! 🥰
                  4. crocheting, reading, baking, crafting, and blogging

Hello @felicity !

1. Medieval and Regency
                  2. Esther
                  3. Print (my cursive isn’t very pretty, but I do like calligraphy)

Hello @princesachronicle22 !

1. Anne Shirley. She’s so full of life and bubbly. I don’t have to hold back when writing her 😊
                  2. Carmel 🌈
                  3. Food, water, notebook, notebook #2, and a pen 😁

I hope I did this right. Do you post snippets of your work on here as well?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                  @kyronthearcanin

@hannah-beth

Cool!

Dragons are my favorite too. Second, idk, maybe phoenixes or Cerberus? Or griffins, or… okay now I can’t decide. 😅

Not really sure what fairy tale is my favorite, actually.

Your WIP sounds so cool! I love Anne of Green Gables. I have a couple WIPs on here, the Dragonsbane Society (fantasy) and Healer (sci-fi/fantasy). The Dragonsbane Society is third person and has So yeah, we post a lot of our work on here, or at least some of us do. Some are here in the general, but I post mine in critiques, so whatever works.

I really want to read the Book Thief, just haven’t yet. Some of my favorites are LOTR, the Wingfeather Saga, anything Bryan Davis, the Pilgrim’s Progress, the Bible (obviously XD), etc., etc., etc. I have way too many favorites. 🤣

See you around on KP! 😃

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

@hannah-beth Hi Hannah!!! Welcome to KP!!! 👋❤️ So happy to have you here!!!!!

Your WIP is interesting! Retellings are always so much fun! 😀 Also, romance? I used to hate it…but now Historical Romance is one of my favorite genres to read 😂😂

OH, and where are my manners!? I am FreedomWriter76, more often just called Freedom, a Christian Teen Girl, Homeschooler, Southerner, Music Fan, History Buff, and unashamed Marvel nerd who has a passion for handling the good, bad, and ugly of history while also showing the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! (and I have also been crowned the “Emoji Queen” of KP 😂👑)

Don’t be afraid if I seem energetic…I’m like that a lot! XD And uhm…if you don’t want me to talk forever, just don’t get me started on Marvel 😝XD

Now….to ask a few random ask-the-newbie questions!!!!!

1. Favorite movies/TV Shows/Series?
                      2. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
                      3. If you could learn any 2 languages, what would they be?
                      4. Which has been your least favorite character to write and why? thanks @princesachronicle22 for the great question that I have tweaked a bit XD

And…I’m lost on any more questions 😅🤦🏻‍♀️

Anywhooooo…once again, nice to meet you Hannah! I’m so glad you’re here on KP, and I can’t wait to talk to you more!!! God Bless!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 2616

@hannah-beth

Honestly I can’t think of any questions to ask right now XD But just wanted to say hi… Welcome! I have no experience with romance, so maybe we can share notes some time! 😉

Edit: Oh, and we share first names! Twinsies in at least one aspect, lol

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Whaley.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Hannah Beth
                        @hannah-beth

@whalekeeper

Sure! I should mention tho that I have NO first hand experience with romance *sigh* so I’m still getting the hang of it 😊

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22
                            • Total Posts: 759

@hannah-beth

Did you say a retelling of Anne of green gables? With blog posts? So a modern version???

I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!!!! ❤️

I hope I did this right. Do you post snippets of your work on here as well?

You can do no wrong, we’re just here to have fun and love God! And yeah we do all sorts of things! There are character role plays, places where we share story ideas and share parts of our books, work through common author blocks, and places where we post memes and things!

Sure! I should mention tho that I have NO first hand experience with romance *sigh* so I’m still getting the hang of it 😊

Same, totally get that!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                            And guess what? His is eternal (:

Faith
                            @awsumfaith
                              • Total Posts: 239

@hannah-beth

Hello! I’m AwsumFaith, a Christian teen girl who loves writing, drawing, and geeking out over her favorite movies XD

Now for some questions, hopefully I don’t repeat anything anyone else has asked you, lol

1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
                              2. What is your favorite song(s)?
                              3. What is your favorite writing beverage?
                              4. Do you like listening to music while you write?

Hope to see you around!

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
                              "Oh yeah, but none for this"

Felicity
                              @felicity
                                • Total Posts: 811

@hannah-beth

Great choices!

My favorite Historical time periods are Edwardian and Civil War, but I like others as well. Esther is a great book! My favorite Bible book is Revelations. 😉 I am currently trying to perfect my cursive, so that’s my favorite right now. Calligraphy is nice too!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

TheArcaneAxiom
                                @thearcaneaxiom
                                  • Total Posts: 1251

@hannah-beth

Hi Hannah! Welcome to KP!

I’m TheArcaneAxiom. I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I’m currently working with my sister on a fantasy multiverse project.

Questions:

You mentioned that you write fantasy occasionally, do you like hard or soft worldbuilding? (Soft being more concrete defined rules for the readers to understand, and soft meaning it’s more open ended possibility?)

What’s your favorite part of Anne of Green Gables story? Her earlier years in childhood and becoming an aspiring writer, or her years during the war?

What’s your favorite romantic tropes, and how do you avoid cringey clichés, or do you even perhaps embrace the clichés?

And last but not least:

Should a half of a second be called a first? And should perhaps two seconds be called a fourth?

(Btw, @princesachronicle22 , everyone knows the correct answer to the island question is ignore the sentimentals, and instead get a pilot, a plan, and a runway, and use the other two for whatever you wish, like some books to pass the time.)

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >