Idea Poll

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LandriC
    @landric
      • Total Posts: 105

Okay, so my plan for this is to have mostly third person, with just a few journal entries from my protagonist for this story. See what you think of this (rough draft) beginning! I’ll tag those of you who commented on it. 😉 Also, name suggestions are welcome!

@power
      @freedomwriter76 @esther-c @orielle21 @sarafini @booksandbeakers @elizabeth-hearten @elishavet-pidyon @felicity

16 January, 177
      New York Harbor, American Colonies

Arrived in New York Harbor late tonight. Now it is later still, but I wished to document our arrival on the exact day that it occurred. Papa was unsure of whether to allow me a candle with which to write. He loves me so, but is nervous to have me along on this trip. I have assured him that a bright English lass of sixteen like myself will be perfectly fine in the colonies. We may be well-off, but I am accustomed to taking care of myself.
      Besides, even when Papa is away with his British battalion tomorrow, I will still have Peter to help me settle in. The woman who runs our boarding house, Mrs. Crofton, is quaint and lovely. She, having never had children of her own, is pleased to have me in the house, even though I am not really a child. Papa arranged for me to have my own room while we are here. It is pretty, with deep blue checkered curtains, a worn white rug, and a down stuffed quilt on the bed.
      I am excited for our stay in the colonies, I think. I would much rather be here than back at Fernsby House in England, that is certain! To think Papa was going to leave me alone! No, it is unthinkable. Since mother’s death, I will not leave him, nor will I leave Peter. Though they would never admit it, they need me more than I need them.
      Papa says my candle must go out now.
      Kate

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by LandriC.

"To death or to victory"

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3202

@landric

I really like it!! It’s a good start!

For name ideas:

Abigail

Katherine (or Catherine)

Joanna

Bethany

Corissa (Yes, this is one of my characters names, but it’s pretty. And most people call her Corie anyway) (or Karissa)

Victoria

Elizabeth (or Elisabeth)

Eliza

Tabitha

Julianna (or Juliana)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@landric. Ooh, I love it so far!!!! 😀 <3

I don’t really have any name ideas right now…but @esther-c had a lot of great suggestions!!! 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >