Idea Poll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LandriC
    @landric
      • Total Posts: 105

Hey, guys! I’m still new but trying to decide on a project to pursue and would love input. Which do you think would be better?? Thanks so much! And feel free to ask for clarification!

1. Revolutionary War period: seventeen/eighteen year old British girl with a British father and brother who fight for England. Eventually, she falls in love with a young American soldier and her father (but not her beloved brother) begins to work as a spy for the American side.
      2. Civil War Period: Young man of 18 or 19 is trying to support his family. He gets roped into a spy ring and winds up with a formerly wealthy union girl as his assistant. The girl’s father is trying to get her back, so while going on recon missions, they’re trying to dodge union authorities.

"To death or to victory"

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

@landric

In my oh so fumble opinion, I prefer the foremost project to the latter one. Though, I will admit that I am disheartened and crestfallen at the prospects of yet another romance writer. Twitterwittedness in stories is not a bad thing, but alas, many times it obscures the actual tale. Nevertheless, both ideas tend to tickle one’s fancy. In spite of my better judgement, I just might lower my nose enough to stick it in either story if they are ever published.

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@landric. First of all, HI! I don’t think we’ve met!!! Nice to meet you!!!

Second, OH MY GOODNESS, HISTORICAL FICTION!?!?!?!?!? I am a Historical Fiction author, in fact, it’s kinda my only genre, lol, XD, and I LOVE THOSE IDEASSSSS!!!!!! They ALREADY sound amazing! <33333

Third, since you want to decide on 1, I have to agree with @power on the 1st one…it just really intrigues my imagination, both as a teen girl who loves History and some Historical Romances, and it just sounds so intriguing!!! 😀

Power
          @power
            • Total Posts: 292

(Though, in truth I was actually heartened and crestrisen at the opportunity to rave and rant regarding written romantic relationships. )

You will love what you spend time with.

LandriC
            @landric

@freedomwriter76 , Hello!! So nice to meet someone who enjoys one of my favorite genres! Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it! If I get a first chapter/demo done, I might post it for edits XD

@power
              Fear not, for my romance is concocted in manageable doses that are typically sidelined to the plot. However, thine rant and opinions are duly appreciated and helpful *curtsies*

"To death or to victory"

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 8156

@landric. Yes, Historical Fiction is AMAZING, isn’t it? 😉 You are very welcome!!! Ooh, if you post it, be sure to tag me!!!! 😀 I’d love to read it!!! <3 I myself have a couple American Revolution ideas, but they’re on backburner…my WWII books have taken over, lol. XD

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3202

@landric

Oooh!! I love both ideas! They both seem really interesting.

But I think I have to agree with Power and Freedom. I think the first one is the best!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Elishavet Pidyon
                  @elishavet-pidyon
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@landric

They both sound intriguing, but I think I…

Have a problem with indecision.

But why not cast my vote along with the overwhelming tide? Shall I be contrary enough to build it up against the current?

No, no. I think I genuinely agree. I prefer the possible struggles in the first; the family quality of a father and a daughter, and a brother, beloved but not agreed with, are too much for my ready imagination.

Yes, I vote the first.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 692

I’d be more likely to read the 2nd personally but whatever you choose is totally fine. If you decide to do the 1st will you do the 2nd at some point? I’d really love to read the 2nd story. Sorry to disagree with the rest of y’all but I don’t care much for The Revolutionary War time period.

@landric

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 76

I think the first one sounds great! You should post some on here @landric ! it really does sound intriguing. I love historical fiction too!!

@sarafini Everyone can have different opinions!! *clears throat* That person seems to be me a lot…

LandriC
                        @landric

Thanks so much guys! I think I’ll start working on the first, and when I get a bit of it done, I’ll post it for critiques!
                          @sarafini : I will certainly work on both! I was just trying to decide what to work on first. I won’t discard the idea, and I’m so glad you gave a different opinion! This is a place to chat things out, right?

"To death or to victory"

LandriC
                          @landric

@freedomwriter76 YESS. WWII is my other favorite period!!

"To death or to victory"

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 692

@landric

Yup! This is a great place to chat (especially about writing)!

Orielle2023
                              @orielle21
                                • Total Posts: 173

@landric

Hey…am I too late for the poll?!

Both ideas are awesome but I like the Civil War time period better. 😉

Definitely tag me if you post either!!!

I write historical fiction….it’s one of my favourite genres. 😍

In MY humble opinion, a bit of romance always makes the story better. 😉

*waiting for any slight outbursts.*

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Orielle2023.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

LandriC
                                @landric

@orielle21

Its not too late! Thanks for your input! I will probably start working on both of them, and if I post the Civil War story, I will tag you!

And I 100% agree. Nothing beats just a touch of well-written romance. 😉

"To death or to victory"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >