Howdy Y'all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Howdy Y'all!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 859

@jess What else do you like to do besides write?

Jess
      @jess
        • Total Posts: 575

@Shannon I love doing artsy things like painting and drawing, though I’m not that great at it. 😛 I’m an outdoorsy person (but not in the summer–it’s too hot, humid, and bug-y in North Carolina), so I do a lot of outdoorsy things. 🙂

Anonymous

@jess I love to be outside too! (when the weather finally cools off around here) What kind of outdoorsy things? Do you play any sports? (my family will tell you that I am not a sports person)

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

I am not a sports person either. I do summer swim team because my parents make me, but that’s about it. 🙂 I like rock climbing (though that’s mostly indoors), and hiking. Sometimes I grab a stick as a sword and act out fight scenes and stuff in my wooded backyard. 😀 My dad and brothers are archers but it’s crazy hard, so I stopped doing it a while back. I do have a few throwing knives that I practice with occasionally. 😉

Anonymous

@jess Throwing knives? Yikes! One of my big brothers is really into rock climbing right now. Ya, archery sounds hard.

Gracie
              @graciegirl
                • Total Posts: 889

@Shannon

Oh, zikers, I like singing all sorts of music! But thanks to @Christi-Eaton I’ll have to say folk is my favorite. Well, for now anyways. 😜

“Scenes from the Life of a Homeschooler Who Has 6 Nieces and 10 Nephews”

Yep, that sounds like it has a lot of potential. 😂

I have one fantasy novel in the works, and another story idea I’m developing in my off-time/whenever my brain is fried from working on my main project. 😜

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anonymous

@graciegirl I’m glad my story idea sounds promising. You would probably laugh even more at some of the goings on around here. Fantasy…that sounds interesting. Yes! Folk is awesome and is one of my favorite genres.

katie
                  @lifeofkatie
                    • Total Posts: 137

@shannon – Welcome, to Kingdom Pen!! I play guitar as well! It’s a great instrument 🙂 What kinds of songs do you like to play/sing? I’m so glad your here!

Anonymous

@lifeofkatie Thanks for the welcome! I like to play songs sung by Allison Krauss, like “In the Palm of Your Hand” “I Will” and “Every Time You Say Goodbye”. Also I enjoy playing songs by Loggins and Messina like “Watching the River Run”. Basically, my thing is folk music. What type of music do you play?

katie
                      @lifeofkatie
                        • Total Posts: 137

That’s so great @shannon!! I love Allison Krauss’s version of “Down to the River to Pray” 🙂

I like to play a lot of fingerstyle songs. 🙂 Acoustic, folksy 🙂

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Hm.. @shannon I like playing worshipful pieces from bands/artists like Hillsong, Kari Jobe, Chris Tomlin, and others.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Anonymous

@that_writer_girl_99 Awesome! I love Chris Tomlin’s version of Amazing Grace, and Hillsong’s version also. Contemporary worship music isn’t really my strong point, because I haven’t been exposed to a lot of it. That’s because at the church my family attends we mainly sing traditional hymns.

@lifeofkatie
                            sounds like you and I play the same style. I use a pick some, mainly on bluegrass and country, but usually I play fingerstyle on folk. What type of guitar do you have?

DelightInLife
                            @delightinlife
                              • Total Posts: 124

@shannon

Welcome to Kingdom’s Pen!

The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare is one of my top favorite books! Which book by her is your favorite?

I am also homeschooled, and the oldest of 5 kids, with a baby sister coming in November! (Then we’ll have 3 girls and 3 boys in our family!) And I want to have a large family myself someday!

I also get the grade thing. 😀 Just a few weeks ago I was helping at a VBS. We divided the kids that came into different grades, but when I’d ask them how old they were, I didn’t know what grade that was! 🙂

I also get the kind of historical fiction writing thing. I love to write in kingdoms set in my own world with castles, kings, knights, peasants and sword fighting, but I also include things from the Middle Ages. I research the kind of food they ate, and different aspects of castle and medieval life, and incorporate some of them in my stories, but I also leave room for creativity. I create my own kingdoms\world and have my own rules. 🙂 It’s pretty fun! I guess you could call it fiction? 😀

Glad you found us! What is your favorite thing you’ve ever written?

Again, welcome, and hope to see you around!

Kina Lamb
                              @kina-lamb
                                • Total Posts: 162

@shannon welcome! Looks like you’ve been thoroughly welcomed here already. 😀 😀 You’re @emily-voeller ‘s sister, right? I’m @daeus ‘s sister. 😀

Anonymous

@delightinlife I would say that The Witch of Blackbird Pond and Calico Captive are my favorites. I can’t decide which! My favorite thing I have ever written was probably a story/legend entitled, “The Meaning of the Word Cowboy”. What is your favorite story/poem you have ever written?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >