How many of you are published?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform How many of you are published?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

So, while I do enjoy reading I’m not really obsessed with it. I have to be in the mood ya know?

That being said, I have multiple reasons for asking if anyone of you are published yet.

1. To check out your books obviously XD

2. I keep telling myself the first draft is NOT going to be perfect. I know that, but it’s still hard sometimes to tell yourself that when you want ur WIP to be SO GOOD and it just doesn’t seem to be there compared to others. I thought maybe y’all could inform me on how much ur final draft did change from ur first, or if u could just reaffirm me that it will get better XD

#affirmationseeker

3. Also thought it’d be nice for others wondering the same thing and to have a post where we can compile a list or so of published authors and their books on here.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@godlyfantasy12 Great idea! I did an indie author post last month, so some of KP’s published authors listed their books on that post (find it under “Indie Author Day”).

1. Definitely check them out! You can find a lot of us on Goodreads too! We’ve all got some great books out there!

2. No, it won’t be perfect. BUT you’re not the only one who’s had a bad first draft. Or second or third or fourth draft. Or finished product. My first novel, Held Captive, was published as basically a first draft, so it is horrible. However, my writing and my first drafts got much better, so my subsequent books are at least up to par. You WILL get better, and you’ll have the option to go back and reedit and/or republish your books as time goes on (assuming you self-pub).

3. Fantastic idea, again, so here we go! Yes, I am published (as of March 2019), with three short stories, a novella, and two full-length novels. You can read some of my short stories on my blog: http://www.novelist056.wixsite.com/graceajohnson/blog (And it usually works if you type the links out letter by letter, by the way…)

Otherwise, you can find me on Amazon. Just type in “Prisoner at Heart,” and my second novel will pull up. (Note: Don’t type in “Held Captive” or “Grace A. Johnson.” There are a lot of Graces, Johnsons, and Held Captives out there…)

Also, if you’re interested in reading one of my books, Held Captive is currently free. I can email you a review copy, or you can download one here: https://booksprout.co/arc/51197/held-captive (Link should work…I hope…)

Tagging some of our other authors: @r-m-archer @william-starkey @hobbitchild @devastate-lasting

PS: I recently interviewed Linyang Zhang on my blog, if anyone’s interested in reading that post… http://www.novelist056.wixsite.com/graceajohnson/post/author-interview-linyang-zhang

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j

The links work! Yay!!!

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@godlyfantasy12 You can read some of my stuff online…but when I publish traditionally I’ll tag you.

@gracie-j
            Thanks for the tag!

Yep, you should be able to find a link to my work in the interview.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j

@devastate-lasting My pleasure! And, yeah, I shared your link in the interview!

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

@gracie-j @devastate-lasting

Thank you! Also, Gracie ur first book sounds soooo interesting! (Read the blurb)

Just gonna be honest tho, I am a sheltered Christian girl so I have to ask permission before getting certain books and things. And again haven’t been in a huge reading mood lol, but thank yall

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@gracie-j

Btw, u may find yourself with a new follow on ur blog (me!) lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@godlyfantasy12 Awesome! And thank you!!

Girl, I’m just as sheltered as you. My dad didn’t want me reading Nancy Drew as a kid… (not that I’m complaining) 😉 My books are all super fairly clean. I mean, they’re about pirates, so… But no cussing or explicit scenes or anything like that. The only thing that would offend someone would be how spiritual I get! 😆 (Which is actually not funny. It’s sad.)

And you’re welcome! Maybe some of the other authors on here will show up…

R.M. Archer
                    @r-m-archer
                      • Total Posts: 243

KP ate my post. -____-

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

R.M. Archer
                      @r-m-archer

I totally forget what my first rambly paragraph was about, but it was rambly and probably not all that important.

Second paragraph was also rambly, but it was about my books. I have three:

• The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles
                        • Short Story Collection vol. 1
                        • Lost Girl

They’re all under R.M. Archer. Short Story Collection vol. 1 is the most representative of my general writing style and genres and whatnot, if that’s what you’re interested in. The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles and Lost Girl are both very “fringe” as far as my writing is concerned, but they’re fun for what they are.

I would share links, but KP would eat my post. I was hoping it would let me at least share a link to my blog, from which you can reach my books, but I think that’s what resulted in my post getting eaten last time, so… I won’t do that. You should be able to Google “Scribes & Archers” and find it, if you’d like. 🙂

And yes, first drafts stink. So do lots of second and third drafts and some fourth and fifth drafts. It takes a while to get a book up to snuff, but it’s worth it in the end. 🙂

R.M. Archer
                        @r-m-archer

@gracie-j *gasp* Nancy Drew was my childhood. I read so much Nancy Drew, Boxcar Children, Happy Hollisters, Mandie… But I was also given pretty free rein of my family’s library, ’cause I jumped straight from reading those to reading certain (parent-approved) adult fantasy when I was seven. XD

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j

@r-m-archer Between me, my mom, and the ever so loving library (not to mention my grandmother’s collection of Nancy Drew), I managed to read a few, but Dad cut that off after a while. I still think of Nancy Drew as one of my driving inspirations. We got a lot of hand-me-down books when I was younger, so I’d read Junie B. Jones, The Boxcar Children (love–and still read–the first one to this day), The Sign of the Beaver (I read that one, like, seventy-five times), and more. Once I was seven/eight, I moved on to the Left Behind Kids, Seven Sleepers, etc. My dad wasn’t too keen on The Chronicles of Narnia until we finally watched the Disney movies (which was about five years after I secretly read the books…)

We had strange guidelines back in those days…now the stipulation is so long as it’s Christian and clean.

Have you ever reading anything by Frank Peretti?

R.M. Archer
                            @r-m-archer

@gracie-j That seems like a strange divide. I wasn’t allowed to read The Horse and His Boy for several years, but that was the only Narnia book I wasn’t allowed to read.

Yes! I’ve read his Cooper Kids series (4-6 are my favorites; I’ve reread 5 many times) and his This Present Darkness books. I’ve been meaning to reread This Present Darkness for at least two years and still haven’t gotten around to it, but I loved those.

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice
                                • Total Posts: 3365

@r-m-archer

Why The Horse and His Boy?? I am remarkably curious. I didn’t really grow up sheltered at all, so when my more conservative friends (this happens to me in real life just as much as on the internet) say they weren’t able to read/watch certain things I get confused 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

R.M. Archer
                                @r-m-archer

@seekjustice I wrote a post and then when I edited it it vanished. O-o

My mom was really careful when I was little about anything that featured daughters rebelling against their dads. She didn’t let me watch The Little Mermaid for the same reason (which I don’t mind; I’m not a fan of Ariel now that I have watched the movie, lol). Once I was a little older (10-12-ish?) she thought I could be discerning enough to weed out the good elements from the bad in situations like that, but I still haven’t read The Horse and His Boy or The Last Battle (at some point I got confused about which one I wasn’t allowed to read, so instead of asking like a normal person would have done I just avoided them both). I mostly lost interest in Narnia after my most recent reread due the writing style. But The Horse and His Boy seems to have the most interesting worldbuilding out of the Narnia books and The Last Battle is… well… the last battle… so I’ll probably read them eventually.

My parents weren’t actually all that conservative about what I watched/read as long as it wasn’t gratuitous in any areas. I was watching stuff like LOTR and Phantom of the Opera when I was three and reading adult fantasy when I was seven, so I don’t consider myself to be very high on the sheltered spectrum. XD My mom just had one or two themes she wasn’t crazy about me seeing until I was older and could be more discerning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >