How do you develop your story ideas?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions How do you develop your story ideas?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Abigail.M.
    @abigail-m
      • Total Posts: 1242

@joy-caroline

🙂

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m

@issawriter7

Your definitely not the only one:) It’s just the most fun thing ever!!
        Ooh, I love those too! Hmm, my favorites are probably arguments, plot twists, and oh yes! I love acting out fight scenes also, (although most of mine is sword fighting XD ).

Abigail.M.
        @abigail-m

@mkfairygirl

Aw, thanks:) Yep, I have almost everything in my story (sorta) organized except for the main plot, *sigh* I’m glad I’m not alone in this:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Abigail.M..
          Elizabeth
          @lewilliams
            • Total Posts: 252

@joy-caroline Hehe, thanks 😉 He’s a filmmaker, so in addition to getting to talk about my stories, I get to hear all his neat idea for films too 😀 (It’s win-win, you see.)

Oooh, that’s all so cool!! Also hey, I know we haven’t really talked a bunch, but I’ve really enjoyed seeing you post about your Biblical fiction stories–it’s very inspiring!! I’ve been amazed at how you’ve been able to humanize people that are so famous they’re almost abstractions at this point.

(And thanks!! It’s one of my fav quotes. :D)

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@lewilliams

*puts hand over heart* That’s adorable.

Aww, thank you so much! That means a lot to me, because it’s exactly my goal to paint them as flesh and blood.

Katherine
              @mkfairygirl
                • Total Posts: 549

@lewilliams For coming up with story ideas, I pull inspiration from everywhere and piece things together to fit the way I like it (if that makes sense XD😉). Also, since I create characters first, I’ll often change up the scenarios for each character. Like, maybe with one character the boy lives with his stepfather, while with another character the boy lives with his stepmother (and more variety of course 😉).

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                Fall in love with Jesus

Katherine
                @mkfairygirl

@abigail-m That’s awesome!!!! 🙂 All the subplots are unorganized in my story right now. But it’s a new WIP, so I haven’t had very long to work on it yet. XD Me too!!! 🙂

Fall in love with Jesus

Elizabeth
                  @lewilliams
                    • Total Posts: 252

@joy-caroline Of course!! If that’s your goal, you’re definitely succeeding. 😀

@mkfairygirl
                    Oh that makes perfect sense!! And very cool, at that 😀 Oooh, what’s your character creation process like? I’m curious now 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Katherine
                    @mkfairygirl

@lewilliams Thank you!!!!! 🙂 Awesome question!!!!😀 I love creating characters! First I try to determine their family relationships (who they live with, how many siblings they have, how often they see other relatives, etc.). This helps me get a good understanding of my character. Then after that I play around with personality and interests which helps me figure out what the characters want or how they might get it. What’s your character creation process like? 🙂

Fall in love with Jesus

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >