Holis!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 10

Holis!

I guess I’m going to start with a question; how do I set up my profile lol 😅

Hi! I go by Jaz/Eli, and I am 16 years old (turning 17 in April actually)! I just discovered that KP has a forum, which is great! I have many ideas (currently 3 unwritten WIPs) for stories, and as a Christian I want to begin to write fiction but for the Lord :D.

I suppose if you guys prefer a better intro, you can check out my Quotev account!

Anyways; that’s all for today! I aspire to be a part of this community, but Imma do some digging on the forums and see what exactly I need to do lol

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 2996

@elividya

How to set up your profile…

To set up your written profile

Go to the page that is for your account on KP. Click on ‘profile’ should be under your profile picture, and your post number. Then click on ‘edit’. should be under where you clicked for profile. Scroll down and fill in as many or as few of the boxes below.  You can also decide if you want everyone, just members, only your friends, or just you to be able to see your profile. When you’re done, scroll down to under the last white box and click ‘Save Changes’. For me, sometimes it doesn’t save on the first click often, don’t know if that’s an everybody problem, but you’ll know it’s saved when the site brings you to the very top of the page.

In case you are unaware, your ‘forum signature’ will not show up in your profile, but will be under every post you make.

To change your profile picture

Once again, go to ‘profile’. This time click ‘Change profile picture’, it will be right next to the ‘Edit’ button. Download your picture from there. If it doesn’t show up, don’t freak out, KP sometimes glitches (more like Wyoh sabotages) and in that case, wait for a couple hours to a day and try again. You do have the option to crop your picture when you download it. If the file type is wrong, KP will let you know, .jpg and .png work well.

To change cover image

Click on ‘profile’, and click ‘Change cover image’ which is right next to ‘Change profile picture’. Download your picture. You will not be able to crop it.

I think that’s it. Let me know if you need clarification on some of this.

Have fun on KP!

#Justiceforsandwichclone
        #theclonesdeservedbetter
        #HugRikerSquad
        #HugHans

RAE
        @rae

Oh! I didn’t introduce myself and Wyoh!

I’m a horse crazy sci-fi/fantasy writer who is fourteen. I have one revision draft of a WIP, scraps of other things, and what feels like thousands of charries, ideas and WIP’s to my friends. Lotr and httyd fan.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
          #theclonesdeservedbetter
          #HugRikerSquad
          #HugHans

RAE
          @rae

Had to to get my best intro for Wyoh…

Wyoh’s the ghost of KP, she haunts each topic searching for posts to devour. She serves no one and obeys no one. She is easily offended and mercy is a word rarely in her vocabulary. She annoys each member in her own way. Wyoh is our horrid technical ghost *shivers*

@savannah_grace2009
            and I named her after she showed up on one of our rp’s and left a message. Ever since, she’s been targeting almost every member on KP. Recent topics page doesn’t work? Blame Wyoh. Site crashes for thirty seconds? Blame Wyoh. Post disappears? Blame Wyoh. Your suddenly signed out? Blame Wyoh. Mysterious posts? Blame Wyoh. Perfectly spelled tag doesn’t work? Blame Wyoh. KP lag? Blame Wyoh. Anything odd happens? Blame Wyoh.

And whatever you do, DO NOT ANGER HER!!!!!!!!! Or suffer forever.

Okay, yes I’m kinda exaggerating. It’s a joke between Sara and I. And a whole lot of other people now too.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
            #theclonesdeservedbetter
            #HugRikerSquad
            #HugHans

Trailblazer
            @trailblazer
              • Total Posts: 584

@elividya

I’m not gonna try to match Rae’s dramatic intros, lol. Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, mostly known around here as Trailblazer! My desire is to glorify God through my writing, and I write primarily historical and contemporary fiction, but I’ve done some mystery, too, and I also enjoy journalism, although I haven’t done much of that in a while. I like photography and hiking as well!

A couple get-to-know-you questions:

What is your favorite genre to read and/or write in?

Favorite book/series/author?

Do you have other hobbies?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium
                • Total Posts: 2205

@elividya

Greetings! I’m Bridget/HighScribe/Sword person who is definitely 100% not insane.

I mostly write fantasy, and I’m currently working on a shared fantasy universe with my brother, @Jonas.

Questions!

Would you rather have to fight a chicken every time you got in your car or an orangutang once a year?

If you were going about your day, how many owls would you have to see before you started to wonder if something was wrong?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

(Those were all very weird questions XD)

Welcome to KP! See you around!

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Cloaked Mystery
                @jonas
                  • Total Posts: 2624

@elividya
                  Welcome to KP! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, which I am working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium, is a large fantasy universe that contains many different planets.

Some of my favorite authors are Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson’s Cosmere in particular is a huge inspiration behind my projects, particularly the magic systems.

Outside of writing, I play and compose music (I play piano.) I’m nearly a black belt in karate. I play video games, and am also an amateur video game designer. I also enjoy participating in the many character RPs on here.

See you around!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                  🎭 Character RPer
                  📚 Appreciator of Books

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3201

@elividya

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl! I’ve written fantasy and dystopian, but I have a myriad of ideas in many different genres.

Now for some questionsss:

1. What is your favorite WIP? What’s it about?

2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

3. Favorite Bible verse? Why?

4. Anddd… Have you played/are you playing any sports?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!! 👋

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                    @esther-c

Taggin’ some other peeps to say hi…

@freed_and_redeemed
                      @liberty @whalekeeper @hybridlore @thearcaneaxiom @guys,literallywhyismymindblankingoutonallofy’all’stags?? @savannah_grace2009 @smiley @everyoneee

Esther
                      @esther-c

And more…

@lightoverdarkness6
                        @loopylin @grcr

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom
                          • Total Posts: 1250

@elividya

Salut!

Welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and am currently working on a universe with my sister called the Sceptrum.

Questions:

What kind of fiction do you like? Fantasy, sci-fi, historical, contemporary?

Do you have any project your working on? What is it about?

What’s a favorite concept you’ve seen from other stories?

What’s a favorite concept you’ve come up with yourself?

And last but not least:

should the concept of truly nothing be part of the concept of truly everything?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

-GRCR-
                          @grcr
                            • Total Posts: 938

@elividya

Greetings from Burne!!

Hey there! I’m -GRCR-! I’m a fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, a journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character lover/creator that has over three hundred. I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs.

Welcome to KP!! 😁

Here are some random questions for you!!

What’s your favorite color?

If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

And, what song will always remind you of last year?

Well… that’s it from me. Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around!! 🙃

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by -GRCR-. Reason: Oops, forgot the tag

“What be a cretin?”
                            “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Anonymous

OMG I WROTE TOO MUCH I’M SO SORRY GUYS

Anonymous

Wow, Wyoh keeps attacking, smh

At least I managed to copy it in time 😊

Anonymous

[Copied & Pasted because of that Wyoh, smh]

There might be some formatting issue I missed because of Wyoh, but oh well.

Thank you guys for your salutations! 😀

Y gracias to @rae (is this how you tag someone 😅) for teaching me to set up my profile! I ran a few minor issues with Wyoh lol, but I think I got it!

To answer all of the questions lol…

• What is your favorite genre to read and/or write in?
                                    • I believe I write in Adventure mostly
                                    • The genres for reading I think are; Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi… technically anything that is fiction to be honest
                                      • I think romance is the only this I pass on; so it has to be hella good to pass my “ick” or whatever it’s called these days
                                  • Favorite book/series/author?
                                    • I have a lot of faves, but I’ll list the ones that I can remember lol
                                      • Authors: Lemony Snicket, John Bunyan, CS Lewis, Geronimo Stilton (those books were GOOD, sue me!), and I think that’s it…
                                      • Book/Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events (ASOUE), All the Wrong Questions (ATWQ), The Lunar Chronicles, Shadow & Bone Trilogy, Six of Crows (I had to hard pass Crooked Kingdom…. for…. personal reasons ;-;), The Pilgrim’s Progress, The Golden Compass (haven’t read the other 2 yet)… I swear I had more….
                                  • Do you have other hobbies?
                                    • Um, reading, writing, listening to music… (I’m sorry if I’m repeating this too much… but to be honest I don’t know a lot about me 😅)
                                  • Would you rather have to fight a chicken every time you got in your car or an [orangutan] once a year?
                                    • 😳
                                    • Um… orangutan? Idk, but fighting a chicken seems very awkward to handle in day-to-day stuff
                                  • If you were going about your day, how many owls would you have to see before you started to wonder if something was wrong?
                                    • 1-5; I actually haven’t seen a real owl, only heard them. So seeing 1-3 would be cool/weird; but 4-5 would be concerning, and anything more than that will have me mentally praying the rest of the day lol
                                  • Is a hotdog a sandwich?
                                    • I swear this was a funny issue in my math class last year
                                    • I suppose it is; but there’s something rather uncanny about accepting this fact…
                                  • What is your favorite WIP? What’s it about?
                                    • I have three so far (which I call Underwater Tides +TBTP [help I need a better title] & which are BEGGING me to start it 😅), so bear with me as I try my best to explain them…
                                      • Underwater Gems (UG): The most developed thus far
                                        • This one was based on a game I played with my sister, and was developed by most of my childhood. I never wrote my idea down until an English Project 2 years ago, and even though it’s cringe; I realized that I had a knack for writing!
                                        • Anyways, this one has a summary, so I’ll just copy & paste it…
                                          • This was the day that the Swan twins were anxiously waiting for: The legendary “Atlantis” cruise.Olivia wanted adventure; she felt a calling to the oceans, and today was the day she could finally respond.

Matthew wanted answers; this trip could either make or break a vague memory he had, and today was the day he could finally put that question to rest.

This was also the fateful day, in which “Atlantis” crashed… And this would be what would give the twins what they so desperately wanted… but in a way they didn’t expect.

• Legend of the Tides (LT): The new one with [a LOT of] Plot Holes
                                        • This one actually was meant to replace UG (because I trashed it for some reason), but it soon became a separate project, so I kept both 🙂
                                        • Legend of the Tides is basically a “chosen one” type thing, but it runs down to this; 5 “tribes” (based on elements) are looking for a legendary wand, that actually was meant for Sea (the MC, and part of the Water Pirachants [Pirate/Merchant… type… thing]). However, when she “finds it” (it was a dud, long story), the Fire Pirachants attack her & her family, which lands her in La Jument, with another character (Coralie), meant to be her guide… and that’s all I have (which is why there’s no summary)
                                        • This one was actually meant to bring my friends into Sea’s crew, and be a global thing, but LT has a loooong way ahead of itself in terms of development
                                      • To Become a True Prodigy (TBTP): The excuse to tie Underwater Tides together
                                        • This one was actually an excuse of my part to use my self-insert (Elizabeth Vidya) and add her to this world thingy that I did
                                        • Anyways, it’s basically the [old] storyline for the Prodigy Math Game, except I added some details and tried my best to make it better(I played the current update & did some research; Prodigy completely butchered it’s storyline… and added an even larger paywall 😭)
                                        • Summary thus far:
                                          • “Long ago… in an age of magic & wonder…
                                            There was a mystical island in our world: The Land of Warden Academia.
                                            It was named after Six Master Wizards, known as… “The Wardens”
                                            Together, they built a super fantastic castle, and they called it: “The Academy”
                                            A place where anyone & EVERYONE (local & foreign) were able to learn the ways of magic, discover new creatures… and… a third… thing…
                                            However…
                                            One day, one by one, The Wardens vanished!
                                            The Academy closed its doors…
                                            And Warden Academia ceased to exist…
                                            or did it?”
                                    • Anyways, if you guys didn’t notice… I have an issue with explanation. Please send help ;-;
                                  • If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
                                    • Israel
                                      • Because it’s God’s chosen land! Also because I always had an interest in theology & Hebrew tradition 🙂
                                    •  Japan
                                      • I dunno, it’s just very futuristic…Just kidding, have no reason; I just thought it’d be cool to go one day
                                    • Italy
                                      • THE FOOD!!!!
                                      • Yes, I’m a huge foodie >.<
                                  • Favorite Bible verse? Why?
                                    • I don’t think I have favorites yet; but I have two that have stuck to me a lot… I really can’t explain it; but they’re treasured in my heart
                                    • (I’ll copy & paste them in English & Spanish; since my faith is more Spanish oriented)
                                      • Salmos 84:12 (Psalms 84:12)
                                        • Jehová de los ejércitos, Dichoso el hombre que en ti confía.
                                          • RVR1960
                                        • “O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.”
                                          • KJV
                                      • Salmos 107:8, 15, 21 & 31 (Psalms 107:8, 15, 21 & 31)
                                      • Yes, most of the verses next to them (9, 21 & 32) are included(ish)
                                      • Yes, I counted; that’s one reason why it stuck lol
                                        • Alaben la misericordia de Jehová, Y sus maravillas para con los hombres.
                                          • RVR1960
                                        • “Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!”
                                          • KJV
                                  • Anddd… Have you played/are you playing any sports?
                                    • No. I’m flat footed, but that’s an excuse (sort of). I technically can’t and don’t like playing sports that much tbh
                                    • I’m interested in swimming, but haven’t played any sports officially
                                  • What kind of fiction do you like? Fantasy, sci-fi, historical, contemporary?
                                    • I think I mentioned this above; “I’m not that picky”… for the most part
                                      • I read any fiction that is interesting to me, but romance is technically the genre that I can’t tolerate
                                      • If it’s a subplot, then it better be good, or else I can’t immerse myself into the world
                                        • Good example: The Lunar Chronicles (out of that: Cress)
                                        • Bad example: The Hunger Games (I technically hate love triangles… also the lack of communication [trope] is INFURIATING
                                        • In the middle is the Shadow & Bone Trilogy; it’s bearable, and I enjoyed Alina & Mal’s interactions <3
                                  • Do you have any projects [you’re] working on? What is it about?
                                    • Mentioned it above; it’s Underwater Tides + TBTP
                                      • For the sake of our sanity, I’m not repeating that, lol
                                  • What’s a favorite concept you’ve seen from other stories?
                                    • I… actually don’t know…
                                    • I feel like I have a preferred concept, but I… nevermind. I’ll figure it out someday
                                  • What’s a favorite concept you’ve come up with yourself?
                                    • Honestly, even though I like to avoid any romantic subplot in my stories (for fear that something could go wrong because of my personal tastes), I think the interaction between Joseph & Ellie (the twins’ parents in UG) is the BEST thing I have EVER come up with
                                      • If you guys visited my Quotev, under my Liked Songs, I wrote a little short story about them, and I realized like a few weeks after writing that… that Joseph/Astral… is like Jesus…. and Ellie… is like humanity!
                                      • The parallels to me are CRAZY and I didn’t even do that intentionally 😦
                                  • Should the concept of truly nothing be part of the concept of truly everything?
                                    • I don’t know what that is, sorry
                                  • What’s your favorite color?
                                    • Blue
                                    • Runner ups are Brown/Orange (like a Fall Aesthetic), white/grey & the spectrums in between, and Green
                                  • If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?
                                    • MY ENTIRE PLANNING IS BASED ON MY CHARACTERS (btw, I’m not yelling, so I’m sorry if that is what your mental voice read 😓)
                                    • But yea, because I am not that creative, I just make the people first, and then find a way to fit a story into them
                                      • Case in point; Sea = Japan, Coralie = France/Australia, Elizabeth = “Warden Academia” (the Prodigy game has no official name for it’s island, so that’s what I named it)
                                  • And, what song will always remind you of last year?
                                    • Any song that isn’t Christian… to be honest
                                      • Last year, I started extending myself to new artists & songs; such as NF, Alan Walker & Joshua Kyan Aalampour
                                    • But I believe that any song in the “Alan Walker” section would remind me the most of 2023

Anyways… I can’t wait to check out the other forums and hopefully joining some of them 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >