Hi guys

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Sara Ann {Spark}
    @sparksaraabbott11
      • Total Posts: 66
      Morgan
      @morgan
        • Total Posts: 51

@precious-y

Hi and welcome!!!

First, some questions:

1) Do you have any pets?

2) What is your favorite animal?

3) What is your absolute favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Second, it is so nice to meet you!

Third, some things about me. My favorite genre both to read and to write is fantasy fiction but I enjoy almost any genre. I enjoy reading, writing, being with my family, working on our farm, memorizing Scripture, and playing the piano.

Bye for now!

Some people fail; others learn what not to try.

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@precious-y Hi, welcome! Nice to meet you!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j
            • Total Posts: 1789

@precious-y *waves* Hi!! Seems all the good questions have been asked, so I shall simply offer you a butterscotch blondie (extra butter, extra scotch) and back away slowly before my pistol goes off again – accidentally, of course, but the courts don’t usually believe me.

Anywho, welcome to the Kingdom of Pen!

(Oh, and if no one’s asked yet…pineapple on pizza? Yea or nay?)

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

imwritehere1920
            @imwritehere1920
              • Total Posts: 92

@precious-y

Hi Precious!  I’m Lily!  It’s so nice to meet you.  I hope you enjoy you’re time here on the KP Forum.

🙂

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Katherine
              @mkfairygirl
                • Total Posts: 549

@precious-y Hi, Precious!!!!!! 😀 Welcome to the Kingdom!!!!!!

I’m Katherine. And I love reading and writing in a variety of genres. What’s your favorite book? What’s your favorite movie?

Oh, and I noticed you asked for sci-fi recommendations. Have you heard of Nova by Chuck Black? I haven’t read it yet, but my sister said it was an awesome sci-fi book mixed with Biblical fiction! Also, my friend writes sci-fi short stories on her blog: https://allieandersen.com/category/sci-fi-fridays/ So, you might be interested in checking that out. 😉

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                Fall in love with Jesus

Precious Y
                @precious-y
                  • Total Posts: 27

@morgan

Hey,

1. No pets. If I could have a dog though it would be a siberian husky. They’re so beautiful and fluffy.

2. Favorite animal would be lions. What I want to be so bad is like Lucy and get a ride on Aslan

3. Reading I guess. And convincing myself that randomly scouting for interesting articles on Pinterest is NOT procrastination. Its novel research 😉 You decide. I also like crocheting and arts and crafts when they’re related to writing. For example I made my own midori style cover for my bullet journal. And I also make my own writing journals so that’s pretty fun.

You’re so lucky to live on a farm. It seems so idyllic and peaceful. One of my dreams is to have a writing retreat in the middle of nature with just  my words, and I. Some writing friends would also be great. But I have to shelve that dream for when I become rich and famous after writing bestselling books.

It’s so nice getting to know you Morgan. I hope we can chat more!

Precious Y
                  @precious-y

@gracie-j

Thanks. I’m so excited to be here. As to pineapples on pizza? Never tried it but definitely no.

Gracie J.
                    @gracie-j
                      • Total Posts: 1789

@precious-y You’re so welcome! *gasps* You must try it – it’s divine! Or at least in mine and my two-year-old brother’s opinions. XD

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Precious Y
                      @precious-y

@mkfairygirl,

1. My favorite book would have to be Jane Eyre by Jane Austen. It’s problematic on so many ways but I just love a gothic romance. But I read in a wide variety of genres with fantasy and science fiction being my new favorites. As to my favorite movie that’s too hard to choose. I watch a lot of Nigerian Christian movies. And my favorite classic adaptation would be the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice.

2. Thanks for the book recommendation! I’ve heard Black’s name thrown around a lot so I’m sure that it will be a great read. I checked out your friends stories and it’s so cool that she posts every Friday. The stories about Grant seemed interesting so I started from the very beginning. I have a lot to catch up to “Town of Geniuses” was intriguing.

Wishing you thick creamy paper and smooth pen nibs!

Precious Y
                        @precious-y

@imwritehere1920

Thanks. I really am. And I really admire the mission behind your website. The illustrations are so cute. I wish I had comics like that when I was a kid 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Precious Y.
                          Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 1379

@precious-y

You’re so welcome!

Ooh, alternate history sounds cool! Now that you explained it, I realize I actually read an alternate history flash fiction from Havok publishing just the other day. My friend Katie (from iamcharlesbakerharris.wordpress.com) writes them.

Jane Eyre is sure an interesting story! I haven’t read the actual book, but I read the chapter summaries and analysis on Sparknotes lol. I might get around to actually reading it sometime, but after rereading Les Misérables for the thousandth time, I’ve got The Hunchback of Notre Dame (also by Victor Hugo!) and The Hobbit by Tolkien lined up on my TBR. By the way, since you like sci-fi, I would recommend to you Jenna Terese’s Ignite. It is crazy good!!

Cool, I’ll have to check out that music! I’m always looking for new recommendations.

Thank you! Paul’s sister is mentioned only once in the entire Bible (Acts 23:16), so it’s pretty easy to overlook her, but I was immediately intrigued by her and thought it would be cool to imagine what she could have been like.

Wow, I LOVE your WIP! If ya ever need a beta or alpha reader… ya know where to find me. XD

Precious Y
                            @precious-y

@joy-caroline,

1. I’ve heard about the site once in a while but I didn’t know what it was about. I’ll definitely look into it. Flash fiction is such an interesting medium and I’m excited to read an alternative history twist.

2. *Gasps* How could you not have read Jane Eyre? (I’m kidding) Sparknotes is really handy and fun fact I’ve read the summaries for Les Miserables and the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Though  I might get around to actually reading them one day. The Hobbit is also on my to do list because of my current obsession with fantasy. As for Jenna Terese’s book I hope I can get it soon!

3. I saw the cover you made for the book and it’s stunning! I think that her perspective would be interesting to explore. Do you plan to research about her life and the historical setting? Because researching is also something that I’m having a hard time figuring out for my novel and it would be nice if we could work together (obviously we have different genres but just keep each other up to date on our progress. Cause I find research to be fascinating)

4. Thanks so much. I would definitely love for you to beta my first draft.  But I’m still in the research stage and I haven’t even finalized my outline yet. For now I am focusing on the short stories that I put in my status update. Do you think it would make sense to write some short stories that are thematically tied to my novel idea so I can get a feel for it?

5. Also can do you know how I would upload my profile picture and background? I can never figure these things out :p

Precious Y
                              @precious-y

Hey @anatra23

It’s nice to meet you too! That’s great. I’d love if you could offer me some reading suggestions

1. I’ve heard of the Marvel Cinematic universe but unfortunately I’ve never watched any of the movies (I know).

2. Sure. My WIP is mostly about a boarding school in an alternate history setting. There are two students who are competing against and sabotaging each other in the admissions process into an elite research group. But they realize that the science competition is just a cover for something darker that they must join together to fight against. I’m still the in outlining and research stage but expect to see stories from me soon!

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 1379

@precious-y

Haha, Sparknotes is great for that. XD But I think you really need to read Les Mis for reals… and then I’ll read Jane Eyre. 😉 And yay, I can’t wait to hear what you think of Ignite!

Thanks! If you’re talking about the cover on my website, that was crafted by Gracie, our certified master cover designer!

Oh yes, research is a great idea! I did all the crucial research before starting the book, but I still do find small details I haven’t yet researched. It would be helpful to keep each other up to date on our progress! Sefaria.org is one of my top secret weapons, in order to give you a little piece of Biblical fiction research. XD Any websites you use?

Coolio! I love short stories. I think it would be a great idea to explore themes and other elements through short stories. It sounds like good practice for writing your big long novel.

Of course! So on the forum’s sidebar you should see your name under the search bar. Click on that, go to Profile, then click Edit, then Change Profile Photo. You can also click on the button that says Change Cover Image to update the background.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >