Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tabitha Cassandra
    @tabitha-cassandra
      • Total Posts: 10

Hi! My name is Tabitha. I love to write poetry and to write fiction novels. You can see some of my poetry at my sister’s blog (where she snuck in a poetry corner for me). It is at https://ellacolbourne.wixsite.com/scope4theimagination. You can write to my email too if you want! There is only one poem there for now, but there will be more later. Also, my sister is a great writer, so her blog is definitely worth checking out. I struggle with being a writer, even though I really want to be dedicated. I have a hard time sitting down and getting to business. I’m sure a lot of y’all have probably gone through the same thing, so I can learn a lot from you. I’m looking forward to getting to learn you all!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@tabitha-cassandra

Hi, Tabitha! Your name is so pretty, by the way. I’m Joy Caroline, but you can call me JC. I’m so glad you’ve joined us!

Some questions so we can get to know each other better!

1. What genre do you write?

I’m a Biblical fiction writer, and my two WIPs are about St. Paul. The Apostle’s Sister is from the perspective of his younger sister who is much attached to him, and The Anointed is from the perspective of his youngest adopted nephew who loves him innocently and uncritically.

2. Your favorite books?

My two favorite books are Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. They’re both tied for my favorite book of all time, since they are both incredible and absolutely life-changing!! You need to read them if you haven’t already.

3. Favorite music to listen to?
        I have so many Christian groups and artists I love: The Hoppers, Christian Edition, Bethel, Elevation, Hillsong, Kari Jobe, Gaither Vocal Band, etc. Then there’s Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Faouzia, and Whitney Houston.

4. Favorite color?

Light pink!!

I’m so glad to meet you around the Kingdom!

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@tabitha-cassandra Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Linyang, but you can also call me Lin, if you’d like!

Some questions to get to know you better!

1. What’s your current WIP about?

2. Any favorite movies/authors?

3. Some of your favorite sweets?

4. Pineapple on pizza?

Really nice to meet you! Feel free to look around the forum, and ask me any questions you’d like!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Tabitha Cassandra
          @tabitha-cassandra

Hi JC! I like your name too! Thank you for responding to me so quickly.

I’m actually still working on my first book, but I have many other ideas for other ones. The one I am working on is sci-fi. Your books sound so interesting! Sounds like what I’d to read on a cozy Sunday afternoon.

I actually haven’t read any of those books, but I have heard somethings about them. I’ll have to read them now that you mention it. I like a lot of books (those my Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker, and a lot of random other authors). LOTR is one of my personal favorites and Narnia is up there too. If I need a good laugh, it’s Wednesday Wars that I need.

I love For King and Country, Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, and TobyMac. I also like a lot of songs from movies…The Greatest Showman and all the Sight and Sound Theater songs.

Well, this might sound a little weird, but every since I was little, my favorite color was camo!! And yellow of course.

I’m glad I was able to meet you too!

Tabitha Cassandra
            @tabitha-cassandra

@devastate-lasting Hi Lin! Thanks for making me feel welcome so fast!

My current WIP is about Luke and Aphila who are transported to the planet Trinak to reveal the plans of a deadly threat those around them. (I promise you it is way more interesting than that. I stink at summaries, lol.)

My favorite movies are LOTR and some random ones (Sight and Sound productions, Sue Thomas F. B. Eye series, Aladdin, Monsters Inc., and…so many more!)

My favorites authors are numerous as well! I like Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker, but there are a lot of other random books I like too.

Some of my favorite sweets are Sweet Tart ropes, Nerds, Sweetbread, Pulparindo, and ice cream (I assure you, there are many more!!)

I have to be honest with you…I’ve never actually tried pineapple on pizza. I will definitely have to soon. A lot of folks have been on to me about it, lol.

It was really nice meeting you too!

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting

@tabitha-cassandra Whoa, your WIP sounds so cool! Feel free to share more about it in our WIP chat thread!

Ahhh, I love Sight and Sound! I used to go in person every year…they’re amazing…

Oo, I haven’t heard of those authors before! What have they written?

Whoa, I’m not familiar with all those sweets…but I do love icea cream as well!

Then you’re going to have to try it sometime! It’s quite good, imo

Again, we’re so happy to have you here!

Tabitha Cassandra
                @tabitha-cassandra

@devastate-lasting Frank Peretti has written Monster, This Present Darkness, The Visitation, Hangman’s Curse, and Nightmare Academy. There are a lot more too that I would recommend.

Where is the WIP thread? (I’m still trying to figure this thing out) : D

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@tabitha-cassandra Oo, those titles sound interesting!

The WIP thread should be right here! Hopefully the link works!

WIP Chat!

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@tabitha-cassandra

Hi! Welcome to the KP forum! It’s a pleasure to have you here. 🙂

Yes, I can definitely relate to the struggle of actually sitting down and getting some writing done. Especially when you’ve already have done that all day with school and stuff. XD I’ve been writing on and off for ten years and still sometimes struggle with it to this day.

What inspired you start writing novels and poetry? How old were you when you started?

Look forward to getting to know you better! If you have any questions about the forum, KP, or literally anything else your curious about, feel free to ask away!

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@tabitha-cassandra

Thank you! Np, I happened to be online when you posted. XD

Cool! We have a lot of sci-fi writers around here. I haven’t read much sci-fi, but one of my blogging friends has a sci-fi podcast and that’s been expanding my sci-fi horizons a bit. Thank you so much!

Ah yes! You should TOTALLY read them! That’s awesome you like Narnia, I love that series as well. And great taste in music! (Fun fact: Hugh Jackman, who starred in The Greatest Showman, also starred as Jean Valjean in the Les Misérables musical! In case you didn’t know, although I’m sure you probably did. XD)

Camo, I love that unique choice!

Tabitha Cassandra
                        @tabitha-cassandra

@kathleenramm Hi Kathleen! I started writing poetry and novels around maybe two years, though I’ve been writing in general ever since I was little. I think what inspired me was probably all the awesome stories I read and see around me.

I’m really am excited to get into this community more! BTW, I really love your videos! They are amazing and so helpful to me! Thank you! I look forward to getting you know better!

Wyn Rose
                          @wyn-rose
                            • Total Posts: 57

@tabitha-cassandra

Hi Tabitha, welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Wyn, and I write fantasy and speculative fiction in general. It’s nice to meet you!

I also love LOTR! Do you have a favorite part or favorite character? Also, my family and I went to see a Sight and Sounds production once (quite a few years ago now) and we really enjoyed it!

I definitely understand the struggle of actually sitting down and writing consistently. One thing I’ve found that sometimes works for me is writing or creating something quick right before I actually work on my WIP that gets my mind on my story and gets me excited to write. I also sometimes simply have to make myself sit down and write, though. Nowadays I almost feel like I have to write consistently. Anyway, I hope you get to where you want to in your writing!

I look forward to seeing you around!

Abigail.M.
                            @abigail-m
                              • Total Posts: 1242

@tabitha-cassandra

Hi Tabitha! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! It’s awesome to have you here!! *High fives* another poet! What is your favorite type of poetry to write? Do you prefer structured or unstructured?
                              What is your favorite setting to write in? (I ask everyone that XD ).
                              I’m Abigail by the way XD Your WIP sounds amazing and wow, I love For King and Country, Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, and TobyMac, too! I mostly listen to all of them on the K-Love radio station. I love their music! Have you ever heard of NEEDTOBREATHE and Mathew West? They are both super good:)

Elizabeth
                              @lewilliams
                                • Total Posts: 252

@tabitha-cassandra Hello and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! Would you care for a cup of tea? I offer one to all new arrivals. 😀 I’m Elizabeth by the way, and it’s so very nice to meet you.

Your WIP sounds so cool!! What drew you to sci-fi? I’m more of a fantasy writer myself, but do love a good science fiction story.

*high five for a fellow LOTR fan* I’m in the midst of writing a very large paper about that very trilogy at this exact moment, so I can already tell we’re going to be great friends.

You may have already answered this, but do you have any particular hobbies or interests that you’re into? (Besides writing, of course.) I’m a big fan of crafting, myself–I’m finishing knitting a scarf at the moment.

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Tabitha Cassandra
                                @tabitha-cassandra

@wyn-rose Hi! Thanks for the welcome! What you write sounds right up my alley (I’m a big fan of fantasy). My favorite character in LOTR is definitely Samwise Gamgee!! He’s probably my biggest role model. How about you? I’m so glad to find LOTR fans!

Cool! I’ve always wanted to go to Sight and Sound but have never gotten the chance! Which one did you see?

I hope I get to that place of writing too! Thank you so much for your advice!

@abigail-m
                                  Hi! It’s so nice to meet you! You write poetry too! That’s awesome! I usually write structured poetry, but I don’t have a particular favorite that I like to read. You?

My favorite setting to write in is probably wrapped in up in a blanket with very inspiring music that perfectly suits the scene I am on. How about you?

Yes! I’ve heard of those too! I’ve heard more by Matthew West and really like him, but I haven’t heard as much of NEEDTOBREATHE.

@lewilliams
                                  Hi! Thank you for that cordial cup of tea! It is very nice to meet you too!

I love fantasy as well, and my sci-fi kind of has some of that in it too (strange mix maybe). I think what drew me to sci-fi was that the novel I’m writing is for a friend of mine, and at the time I started it, he was really into Star Wars (and still is).

I’m super happy that I’ve run into a place where people actually appreciate a brilliant and amazing story like LOTR!! Who’s your favorite character?

Besides writing, I enjoy reading, beading, acting, and doodling (I can’t bring myself to call what I draw “art”). I enjoy crafting too! Thank you so much for the welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >