Hi.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Scoutillus Finch
    @scoutfinch180
      • Total Posts: 413

I didn’t know that they were making a new Dune movie, I’ll have to check that out. We don’t have the first book in the series and since Frank Herbert is not a Christian author, I keep on dragging my feet. because I don’t know if I am going to get into a book series I’ll have to cancel or a book that will be too depressing to read, but my Dad loved it when he read it.

What is manhua?

Her username is Silverclaww.

I had Josiah DeGraff respond to a question I had in a webinar, which was cool and made me want to hide behind my swivel-chair. I always feel like a stalker when I watch his webinars though, because I know some stuff about him (that he shares) but he knows nothing about me, which is weird.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@scoutfinch180 The Japanese term “manga” and Korean term “manhwa” are actually cognates of the Chinese term “manhua” so I use them interchangeably. 🙂

Anything else you’d like to share about yourself? Or anything you want to ask me?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Kathleen
        @kathleenramm
          • Total Posts: 635

@scoutfinch180

The characters are good in The Wingfeather saga? Now I must read it. Characters are what make or break a story for me.

Oh, yes. Those filler episodes. XD I mean, they definitely aren’t the best of AtLA, but I somehow still enjoy them. (Probably because I like the characters). Do you have a particular episode of the series that sticks out to you? Almost every time I watch AtLA, I’m kinda shocked about how much effort the writers put into the characters and world building, with it being a kid’s show and all. So many kid’s shows have such lazy writing because they can get away with it. But that’s not the case with AtLA.

Thanks for the recommendations! I’ve watched Star Wars and Marvel movies, but not any of the other books and movies you’ve mentioned. I plan on reading a lot more this upcoming year, so I’ll be checking these out.

@devastate-lasting

You met Josiah’s younger siblings? That interesting. How?

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@kathleenramm I was at a speech and debate competition for homeschoolers, and I guess they happened to be in the same region. I saw their last name, asked the youngest kid if he knew Josiah DeGraaf, and responded with, “Yeah, he’s my brother.” Needless to say, I was shook.

R.M. Archer
            @r-m-archer
              • Total Posts: 243

[quote quote=87129]I always feel like a stalker when I watch his webinars though, because I know some stuff about him (that he shares) but he knows nothing about me, which is weird.[/quote]

This is me with sooo many authors. XD Like… “I promise I came by this information innocently but… I feel like friends with you and you’ve never met me…” XD XD

Also, hi. XD I’m Archer. I’m a homeschool graduate and I mainly write fantasy. Welcome to KP! 🙂

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Scoutillus Finch
              @scoutfinch180

@r-m-archer,  thanks !

The episode(s) of AtLA that stuck out to me were are the last five-ish. they mash five episodes all into one for the finale, I love how they wrap it up. i also love the world-building and the characters, i really like how each different nationality is so distinctive but they are still similar, even in their dress.

And the characters in The Wingfeather Saga definitely make the story. Andrew Peterson really pulls off the moral characters (and the immoral ones) so well, and the villain is reminiscent of Darth Vader, who is probably one of the most brilliant villains I have seen (glaring at Kylo Ren, “you are awesome, but your motives are unclear”).

How do I share bits of my writing for others to critique?

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                @william-starkey
                  • Total Posts: 634

@scoutfinch180 Good morning; greetings; salutations, etc. Welcome to Kingdom Pen where pens are supposed to be plentiful…but people revert many times to pencil, which, unfortunately, fades with time. As I have am a first-hand witness of that fact.

But anyways: Interesting. I see you write poetry? Approximately how long would you think? (Perhaps not down to the exact second, but…) And science fiction as well?

By the way, I noticed you mentioned some project of yours involving Odysseus? Would you care to elaborate or is that a private business?

Just thought I’d drop by for a bit. How’s everybody been doing in my absence? Thoughts? Comments? Cries of outrage? Screams of indignation?

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@william-starkey The Kingdom’s been quiet without you, Sir William. Do try to come by more often, will you? Otherwise I feel that the chaos monster within me will want to wreak havoc…

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@devastate-lasting

I’ve met Josiah twice I think. First when we had a week long KP retreat at our house, then again at my brother’s wedding. Even though I wasn’t apart of the KP team at the time of the retreat, it was really fun having all the KP members stay at our house. I think they were supposed to be working, but they were just eating chocolate chip cookies and watching movies. XD

@scoutfinch180

My brother said the ending of AtLA was good too. Man, I can’t wait to watch more this weekend. XD

Ah, yes. Poor Kylo. From the looks of it, I don’t think he understood his own motives either.

@william-starkey

There you are! I was beginning to believe @gracie-j ‘s rumors about your murder were true… the Kingdom isn’t quite the same without you, you know?

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@kathleenramm That’s really lit. It would be fun to have a meetup. Imagine the havoc XD

Scoutillus Finch
                        @scoutfinch180

@williamstarkey

Thank you for welcoming me to the land of pens, keyboards, dictating to minions, and pencil which does fade (especially in spiral-bound sketchbooks and onto my hand).

I am not sure if you mean length of poetry or length of time I’ve been writing. My poetry hits a few pages tops. I have been writing poetry for a while, not sure how long. I originally used it to vent my emotions, then it turned into doing it when i felt poetic, and before I knew it, I was writing poetry about as often as I wrote in story format.

I started writing scraps of sci-fi stories that popped into my head, and eventually I wound up developing a world where humans live in space-stations across a galaxy because years ago they left their home-planet (not sure why) and they have forgotten how to get there because the coordinates lead to a star… or blackhole? I don’t know.

I was reading the Odyssey for a very hard English class at a co-op and I was dealing with a lot of anger with Odysseus for being unfaithful to his wife and I was thinking what I’d do if I had a chance to write an alternate story. Then I got to write an adventure for Odysseus in that class as an assignment (best English assignment ever besides a sonnet and doing a couple scenes that were cannon to To Kill A Mockingbird and The Count Of Monte Cristo), and it was six pages too long and I  loved it (and thankfully my English teacher liked it). I got to make Athena teach Odysseus a lesson. have you read the Odyssey?

Scoutillus Finch
                          @scoutfinch180

By the way, how do you all make your usernames bright green?

Linyang Zhang
                            @devastate-lasting

@scoutfinch180 Do you mean tags? I just copy/paste from underneath the profile picture and name on the side. Easier than typing it out 🙂

Scoutillus Finch
                              @scoutfinch180

Thanks! Also, why am I a bumbling henchman?

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting

@scoutfinch180 XD You can rank up by the number of posts you post. Don’t worry; we were all henchmen once.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >