Hello, there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, there!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@linus-smallprint

Hello! I’m Keilah (professional book reader, clean fanfic writer, and appreciator of the strange, neat, and/or yummy)

I dropped in here to comment on your half-human-half-animal creatures. They are awesome!! I’m a fan fiction writer mostly, but my first original work has talking dinosaurs who drive cars and have human jobs (and weirdly enough, wear ties but not usually other clothes). And my fanfics typically reimagine a story universe, say Star Wars or Marvel, if the human characters were half-animal–usually dragons, but I’ve also experimented with cats, birds, lizards, wolves recently, and dolphins in the past. You can see a dragon on my profile pic.

other facts:

• I love Legos too! My family has a huge collection of Star Wars ships.
      • I have a weird soft spot for sniper characters in any fiction that involves a military/mercenary squad including one. I have yet to figure out why. I also have no idea why you’re the first person I told this to.
      • If you couldn’t tell by my introduction, I love the Wingfeather Saga too!
      • I like reptiles. A lot.
      • I have been guilty of last-paging, but usually I’m too focused on the last few sentences to actually get any useful info. It has not affected my video game skills. But then again, Minecraft and Roblox have nothing to do with skills.
      • I also like video game music! Want me to suggest some?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

(speaking of which what games do you play?)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint
          • Total Posts: 28

Hello @keilah-h,

Nice to meet you. Professional book reader, eh? How does one professionally read a book?

I dropped in here to comment on your half-human-half-animal creatures. They are awesome!!

Thank you! Including humans, there are thirteen races in total in the TNPT world. This means I still have seven slots open for suggestions if you have any.

For video game music recommendations, here are a few. Most of these are battle themes. This will also answer your question of what sorts of games I play:

• The Man With the Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII)
          • Tough Guy Alert! (Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story)
          • Blinded by Light (Final Fantasy XIII [although I would not play this one])
          • Secret of the Forest (Chrono Trigger)
          • Lifelight Instrumental Theme (Super Smash Bros Ultimate)

See you around!

TheShadow
          @theshadow
            • Total Posts: 36

I like Fall best. The temperatures are just right. Not too hot and not too cold. It is not messy like spring. The bugs are gone. I like the colours of the leaves. The only downside for us Canadians is it only lasts a couple of weeks before all the leaves are off the trees and snow is coming. But it is great while it lasts!

Aw, well at least you get to experience fall! I love fall too, for all the reasons you listed, but I like summer the best. I love warm weather and going to the beach, and of course having no school XD.

It is hard for me to name a specific one. Most of my family likes the Narnia movies. They are fun to quote. I also like the Lego and Spiderverse films (minus the Ninjago Movie). As I told The Ducktator, I don’t get emotional often, but The Truman Show was one that almost had me crying.

The Spiderverse movies are sooo good! The Lego Movies are fun (besides the Ninjago Movie), but I haven’t seen them in a while. I haven’t seen The Truman Show (might need to check that out now though).

As for me, I love the first Spiderverse movie, Puss in Boots 2, The Lion King, and Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings movies. Sigh… so many to choose from.

Nebucanezurs journey to humility is quite interesting. I wonder if we will see him in heaven.

SiniceI am a bit of a worrier, I find passages like Matthew 6:25-34 encouraging. Is it not good to know that God will supply our every need?

Nebucanezur’s journey is so inspiring, and that’s a really good verse from Matthew!

For me, I know First and Second Maccabees are both really tough books,  but I remember one night I was reading one of the passages about a woman and her sons who were being tortured for their faith but refused to deny it, and (even though it was very disturbing) I was really inspired by their fortitude in God. And my favorite verse is probably Joshua 1:9 Do not be afraid nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you, wherever you go.

Wolves. In all my fantasy writing, there is quite likely to be a wolf-like creature.

Nice, wolves are awesome (too bad they can’t really be pets, they look so fuzzy!). My favorite animals are cats, I have always loved them for no particular reason. They’re just so cute and fun to play with!

Also, what is your favourite holiday?

Christmas. It’s Jesus’ birthday and the buildup to it so much fun. Also my siblings and I have a tradition where the oldest dresses up as his version of santa (for example, Marine Santa or Batman Santa) and gives the gifts out like that, and it is one of the best things ever lol. What about you?

Trailblazer
            @trailblazer
              • Total Posts: 604

@linus-smallprint

Hmm, okay- favorite ice cream flavor would be black raspberry, probably. Cookies and cream is a good one, too, though.

A highlight from last year would be my family’s vacation to New Hampshire. I have a lot of good memories from last year, though- it was a good year for me.

Favorite place I’ve visited- that’s hard, honestly! The other year, my family took a trip across the US, so we hit quite a number of interesting places. I think I’m going to have to say the North Cascade Mountains in Washington state, though, because I had a pretty cool encounter with God there, and those mountains are beautiful!

As for the highest mountain I’ve climbed… I’m not quite sure. I’ve hiked some high ones on our trip, but I didn’t start all the way at the bottom and go all the way to the top. The one place we hiked in California was 10,000 feet above sea level, but we started from pretty high up. I don’t remember the name of that trail, because we sort of crossed a ridge. Tbh, I don’t usually keep track of how high the mountains are that I climb, I just enjoy the view, lol. I’ll have to ask my brother, though- he would probably be able to figure out which one we’ve hiked that was the highest.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint

You still need more creatures?????

SAY NO MORE. I have a bunch if you want them. I’ll make them pretty generalized so you can add/remove whatever features you want.

How to be a professional book reader?

To partially quote a character I “borrowed” (a.k.a I stole him for a fanfic and married him off to an OC like I often do), “Professionals have standards. Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to read at least 10,000 books in your lifetime.”

(Everything after “have a plan” is not a quote and is by me. I’m not sure how many books I’ve read. I will work on that.)

ooh also I love the instrumental version of the Lifelight theme too! I haven’t listened to much Final Fantasy though.

A list of the games I’ve listened to music from:

• Halo
                • Minecraft (I play that game all the time)
                • World of Goo (brilliant little indie game with an AMAZING soundtrack)
                • Team Fortress (shooter game series I would not recommend playing, but its characters can be funny and its music is awesome. The quote I just gave you is [mostly] from there, and so is the one on my forum signature.)
                • Portal (This weird puzzle game with a subtle horror element)
                • Metal Gear Solid (I wouldn’t play this series if you gave me a million dollars, but some of its music tracks are fine work)
                • A bunch of other Smash Bros remixes
                • The occasional Pokémon track
                • Mario, Zelda, Sonic, all those old classics

Linus Smallprint
                @linus-smallprint

Hello again @highscribeofaetherium!

The only non-Wingfeather book of Andrew Peterson’s I have read is Adorning the Dark. This book encouraged me to get through my first draft of TNPT.

Last-paging is the malicious act of flipping to the final pages of a story and reading them before you have read the rest of the book. Those who have attempted it have been reported to lose sleep and video game skills. It also is a major cause of cancer in fruit bats. Don’t do it (although I cannot say I am innocent of the act). Alcatraz books usually have a humorous or overly dramatic false ending after the real one to throw any last-pagers off.

In response to your final question, I usually draw more anthropomorphic animals, but there are some races that are more human. I was going to try to use my web developer knowledge to get past the image glitches in this website, but did not succeed. Here are some links to some unfinished world anvil articles about my TNPT races if you are curious. (I should probably finish them someday). Here they are:

Gorbs: (https://www.worldanvil.com/i/5395678)
                  Kentors: (https://www.worldanvil.com/i/5404918)
                  Kunulfs: (https://www.worldanvil.com/i/5395682
                  Lyens: (https://www.worldanvil.com/i/5404919)
                  Wizards: (https://www.worldanvil.com/i/5404920)

See you around!

Stephie
                  @stephie
                    • Total Posts: 60

@linus-smallprint

Hi! I’m Stephie, and we have a lot of construction too. It’s really annoying actually how every little bit of the summer months is consumed by closed roads and orange signs and whatnot…but anyway, it’s nice to meet you. 🙂

Your story sounds really good! I would love to read it someday.

Questions:

Have you ever tried to catch a runaway chicken, and did you succeed?

What was your most impressive lego project?

Do you have any siblings?

Have you ever tried escargot?

How many holes does a straw have?

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Linus Smallprint
                    @linus-smallprint

@theshadow

Christmas. It’s Jesus’ birthday and the buildup to it so much fun. Also my siblings and I have a tradition where the oldest dresses up as his version of santa (for example, Marine Santa or Batman Santa) and gives the gifts out like that, and it is one of the best things ever lol. What about you?

I agree, Christmas is the best holiday. My family has quite a few traditions. We open gifts on Christmas Eve as a family, then get up early the next day, open stockings, and head out to my grandparent’s church for a Christmas morning service. Also, we listen to Christmas songs all December long. My dad has an iPod with a thousand (yes, a thousand) Christmas songs. But some are the same song, just sung by different singers.

Linus Smallprint
                      @linus-smallprint

@highscribeofaetherium

Sorry, I failed to notice you returned my question about favourite quotes! Most quotes that come to mind are more humorous ones. Sometimes, I feel like the quote below sums up my life a little too much, but it’s funny, so I will use it.

“I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing all over again, I wasn’t listening” – Emmet Brickouski (The Lego Movie)

Linus Smallprint
                        @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h

You still need more creatures?????

SAY NO MORE. I have a bunch if you want them. I’ll make them pretty generalized so you can add/remove whatever features you want.

I should probably clarify a little more. I do have a set of rules I follow when coming up with these creatures.  I also do feel, since this is my book, that I should come up with them. However, if you do have any starting points or inspiring ideas, feel free to send them over, I would love to hear them! I can also share with you my rules if you are interested.

Linus Smallprint
                          @linus-smallprint

@stephie

Hello Stephie, nice to meet you!

Your story sounds really good! I would love to read it someday.

Thank you! As I told Bridget/HighScribe, I will need beta readers once I am finished my second draft, and I will be asking for volunteers on here once I am ready. (Though that could be a ways away.)

Have you ever tried to catch a runaway chicken, and did you succeed?

Only in a video game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

What was your most impressive lego project?

I have a couple of castles I have made, they aren’t too big, but I tried out some different tricks with them. One (my hero’s castle) is in an enchanted garden circular base with a well to the side. I have a light brick in a fireplace and a stature of a dragon in the front. I also have a giant armoured wolf for one of the heroes to ride. The second (my villain’s castle) is in a winter environment and has elements of a mad scientist’s lab. It can be removed from its base and separated into two parts. They get a cool steampunk train that does not look unlike a train in the Lego Ideas book from 2021.

Do you have any siblings?

Yup, I’m the eldest of four. Two sisters and a brother, with my brother being the youngest.

Have you ever tried escargot?

No. Not too keen on trying it either. But I have had haggis, which I did like.

How many holes does a straw have?

Uhh… **Casually sidesteps question** None. It is just a dried stalk of grain after all.

What is your answer to these questions? Also, if escargot is not the weirdest food you have tried, then what is?

TheShadow
                            @theshadow
                              • Total Posts: 36

I agree, Christmas is the best holiday. My family has quite a few traditions. We open gifts on Christmas Eve as a family, then get up early the next day, open stockings, and head out to my grandparent’s church for a Christmas morning service.

That sounds like fun!

Also, we listen to Christmas songs all December long. My dad has an iPod with a thousand (yes, a thousand) Christmas songs. But some are the same song, just sung by different singers.

Cool! Wow, your dad must really love Christmas songs lol

HighScribe
                              @highscribeofaetherium
                                • Total Posts: 2238

@linus-smallprint

Last-paging is the malicious act of flipping to the final pages of a story and reading them before you have read the rest of the book. Those who have attempted it have been reported to lose sleep and video game skills. It also is a major cause of cancer in fruit bats. Don’t do it (although I cannot say I am innocent of the act). Alcatraz books usually have a humorous or overly dramatic false ending after the real one to throw any last-pagers off.

Ahh, ok haha.

Very cool drawings! I especially love the Kunulf one!

I love that quote 😄

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >