Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

@libby haha! Absolutely.

I sing Contralto! That’s so cool!

I love old folk songs from like the 30’s and stuff. But I also love traditional Irish and Chinese music, so I guess a bit of everything from everywhere XD I’m not a huge fan of anything super loud or “crazy” though. I’ve also never been able to get into rap much, to my cousin’s dismay XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
      @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline

Haha! Well welcome to the chat <3

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres

@devestate-lasting absolutely!!

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer
            • Total Posts: 243

@libby I really only dabbled in the ocarina. My dad had one, along with a book of LotR songs for ocarina, so I played around with it for a little bit and then got distracted and haven’t really touched it since… I’m really bad with sticking to instruments. XD

@joy-caroline Everything? XD I actually have a lot of fun singing in a variety of styles and shifting my voice to match each one. Everything from opera (although the soprano end of my range is slowly dying and it makes me sad) to indie to pop to bluegrass to Celtic to jazz… Not so much rock/metal, just because I haven’t figured out yet if my voice even can make the right kind of sound for that. XD I have a pretty broad range, both stylistically and physically (last I checked I could sing E3 to E6, depending on how I warmed up), which makes experimenting super fun.

@daisy-torres
            Ooh, that’s really interesting! I might have to look into that.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Elizabeth
            @lewilliams
              • Total Posts: 252

@daisy-torres Ooh, thank you for starting this topic! I’ve been a violinist for *checks watch* thirteen years or so? So yeah. 😀 What kinds of music do you like to play/sing the most?

@kathleenramm
              I’m so sorry you had a bad experience with a violin teacher. I’ve been in your shoes, and know how much it can suck. <3 If you ever do decide to touch it again, I very much believe in you!!!

@everyone I’m curious…what is everyone working on at the moment? (Playing, singing, writing, etc.)

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@r-m-archer

That is so cool you sing opera! I love listening to it, although I could never in a million years sing it, lol. My favorite opera is Phantom of the Opera. It would be awesome if you ever sang anything from that soundtrack. My favorite song is probably “Music of the Night.” I also love pop and Celtic.

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@lewilliams absolutely!! Thanks for joining in! That’s sooo cool!! I’ve been a ukulele player for… *pulls out pocket watch* 11-12 years XD I love violin! My Aunt plays it and I have a little sister who just started as of Christmas haha! Hmmm, I love a little of everything as long as it’s relatively calm and not rockish/rap (I know, I’m boring XD). I love songs that almost sound mellencholy or are just emotional, but then I also like happy songs (Like the Disney Up theme? Have you heard it? I loveeee how they make it both sad and happy sounding). I like a lot of Celtic songs, traditional Chinese, jazz, old-fashioned country and bluegrass, and basically a bit of everything XD (And mostly everything @r-m-archer listed, btw XD Kudos for good music taste ;D) I play the harmonica, ukulele, and a tiny bit of piano and ocarina, but my favorite is the Harmonica! What are your favorite styles of music?

@joy-caroline Yeeessss a fellow PotO fan!!! *applause* My sister and I were JUST singing Music of the Night like an hour ago XD

Anonymous

@daisy-torres

Ooh, yassss!! *virtual high-five* PotO is EPIC!

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline It absoLUTELY is!!!! It’s SOOOO aesthetic tooo ahhh 🤩

Also this is a parody of PotO and it’s amazing XD (it’s completely clean/safe) https://youtu.be/eXFa4tMxD_s

Anonymous

@daisy-torres

Ooh, I’m def gonna check that out! I love parodies – they’re so funny. Yeah, as long as they’re clean, so thank you for letting me know about this one!

And yay, the forum liked your link. XD

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline absolutely!! The people who put that one out have a ton of other really good/safe content as well that I highly recommend! My siblings and I love their channel 😂

Really?? How do you tell? (Sorry, I’m fairly new haha)

Anonymous

@daisy-torres

Oh my goodness, I watched the parody and it was SO funny! I especially loved the bit about Raoul, lol.

Ooh, really? I’ll have to subscribe to them. I love clean humor!

Oh, that just means it let me open your link. XD Sometimes links refuse to open on this forum.

R.M. Archer
                            @r-m-archer
                              • Total Posts: 243

@joy-caroline Mine too! I should maybe clarify I don’t really listen to much opera opera? Phantom of the Opera is about as official as I get with my opera. I don’t listen to much of the super dramatic stage opera sort of stuff. I’m more using the term incorrectly to refer to anything that goes super ridiculously high. XD But yes! Phantom of the Opera is awesome! I think the title song is probably my favorite, because of the spot where Christine just goes up and up and up, which is super fun to sing on days that I’m able. XD “All I Ask of You” is another favorite, and “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” is super pretty.

@daisy-torres
                              *high fives* Good music taste buddies. ;D

ALSO, when it comes to listening to music I love just about anything that has bagpipes in it. Bagpipes sound so cool.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Anonymous

@r-m-archer

*virtual high-five*

I love songs with ridiculously high notes. (Probably why I listen to lots of Mariah Carey and Faouzia, lol. Faouzia’s song “You Don’t Even Know Me” has CRAZY vocals.)

I always thought the title song was epic! I’ve listened to it ever since I was little and used to dance to it. XD Christine’s vocals are just… no words. My head is literally exploding that I now know someone who can sing them! I also have a school friend who is learning them. She can sing the “Queen of the Night” notes from The Magic Flute, and it just blows my mind.

“Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” is SUCH a good song!

Daisy Torres
                                @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline Hahaha I’m glad you liked it!! And yesss same. Ooh okay XD Thanks!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >