Hello fellow authors *waves*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello fellow authors *waves*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Rylie Goodwin
    @lrose5
      • Total Posts: 90

Yeah, I deleted basically all that and my other comment. Took forever to re-write. XDD

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.

C.S. Lewis

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@lrose5 Tempted to come over and force-feed you some pineapple pizza right now…

Ah, historical fiction! I’m too lazy for research, so at most I write alternate histories. That sounds interesting, though! What aspects of the time period did you want to focus on?

Wow, lots of fantasy. Fantasy is my go-to genre as well, heh. Though I’ve been trying to branch out…

Oo, nice. All good choices! Though it’s been a long time since I’ve touched any books like those, lol…

Nice, nice! Guitar is cool. You get to strum chords and look cool and sound cool.

How’ve you found the forum so far? I haven’t frequented it of late, lol. How did you find me, by the way?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Rylie Goodwin
        @lrose5

@devastate-lasting
          loll I’ll try it sometime since that seems to be a big issue. XD I’m focusing mainly around the Segregation stuff. so one POV is life as a black girl in a racist town/state/country and the other POV as a white girl who doesn’t agree with the racism stuff and tries to befriend the other girl. Other than that, whatever aspects history tells me to add. lol

Yes! lol

lolll I’m still learning so i don’t think i’m cool yet, but *shrugs*

it’s been good! Haven’t explored every corner but it’s been fun! I found you from Issabelle Perry’s profile. We’re really good friends and that’s how I found this forum so i was just looking through her friends to find people I know. You’re name seemed familiar and I realized I knew it from the Imagine Anthology!! lol

C.S. Lewis

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1427

@lrose5

Weeelllllll… let’s hope it’s good. XD It’s been my project for the past three years, and I’m just now getting to the writing part. Thanks! Warning though, it contains no romance, to my knowledge.

Jellybeans? My family is rather divided over them. I don’t like or dislike, but they are certainly important. 😉

Ah, Romanov. In all honesty, I don’t love that story. Short answer, I’m learning Russian. Long answer, the signature is about our churches in the war over there.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Rylie Goodwin
            @lrose5

@koshka
              Ohh nice! Ahh, ’tis fine. lol

XD yeah, my family likes them (or most of my family). lol

Aw. Is it too dark or you don’t agree politically with Tzars and all that? Oh that’s nice.

C.S. Lewis

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1427

@lrose5

It makes me furious and breaks my heart at the same time. It’s real, oh so very real, and it hasn’t stopped. Politics weren’t, and aren’t, the problem, although they are certainly a glaring issue. Russia, America, Europe..this world needs God.

*Deep breath*

I hope I didn’t scare anyone off with my tirade. =}

And hopefully I won’t get flagged by the government.

Only half joking.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting

@lrose5 Nice, nice. That sounds cool! Good luck with it!

Eyy, Issabelle is the goat! It’s cool to meet people who’ve read Imagine, hehe. (What did you think of my story?)

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@lrose5

Did someone say Civil Rights Movement??? I’m all ears.

Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen, Rylie! 🙂 I believe I’ve seen you a lot around Goodreads and it’s so nice to be chatting on here. And most importantly, congratulations on becoming a Christian! That’s totally awesome!

As aforesaid, your WIP sounds epic. My WIP is also set around the Civil Rights era, though in the 1970s rather than the 60s or 50s. It’s about a Vietnam veteran and his adopted daughter and how the deep love between them changes the world. (The father is white, and his daughter is black, which is why they face so much hatred and racial discrimination.) I really believe we need more Christian fiction books that are willing to be honest about the realities of racism during that time period. Too many people like to pretend it never happened, and the second we pretend, the second it might happen again. I love the premise of your book!

Anonymous

@freedomwriter76

Thank you so much for tagging me!! 😀

Rylie Goodwin
                      @lrose5

@devastate-lasting
                        I loved it! It’s weird cause I saw your name and knew exactly which story was yours. lolll And I didn’t do that for like anyone else’s story. XD So yours stuck with me! loll

C.S. Lewis

Rylie Goodwin
                        @lrose5

@joy-caroline
                          Yes, thank you!! 🙂 *saves the word aforesaid to a new words folder*

Yes! I totally agree! I’m still a little stuck on the plots for each of the girls. I know Sue-Anna (the white girl) doesn’t agree with the segregation stuff and wants to change it in her world, but how would she do that? My thought was she worked somewhere and tried talking people into listening, but then I realized most women didn’t have jobs back then. (the girls ages are 17 and 18) So now I’m not as stuck for her if i can find a way for that to work, but for Eleen I’m still stuck. lol Oh and I’m planning a death. I feel like it needs that aspect of history, the cruelty. So it’s sad, but i want to show the true history. Not just the “nicer” parts.

C.S. Lewis

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting

@lrose5 Aw, haha, thank you! I always like hearing when other people have enjoyed my writing.

Do you have any pieces online available to read?

Anonymous

@lrose5

It sounds great! Yeah, I’ve found that research can really help you get unstuck sometimes. I’d recommend just reading some random articles about the time period or other things you know you’ll have to research (HISTORY.com is great for this). I came up with one of the most major storylines in my book while doing research, because I learned a bit of information that drastically changed the story for the better.

I totally agree and I love that you’re including each part of history – including the parts that make people uncomfortable. We totally need more of that in fiction! 🙂

Rylie Goodwin
                              @lrose5

@devastate-lasting
                                YES!!

I do but my blog is private. i could totally post a few short stories on here if you’d like to read and judge them. loll Just lemme know!

C.S. Lewis

Rylie Goodwin
                                @lrose5

@joy-caroline
                                  Yes!! It’s just kinda hard to find articles on certain things. lol Like I’m now wondering if teen girls could be photographers. lol And research for that is hard.

We do!

C.S. Lewis

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >