Hello everyone

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello everyone

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Artsy Dragon
    @artsy-dragon
      • Total Posts: 100

Hello there Esther! Nice to meet you!  I am homeschooled too and I love dogs, especially Golden Retrievers.

1.  My favorite short story that I wrote was a kids story called The Monster’s Essential Clawtip Guide to Humans (or Humans for Donkey-Fish).  It’s written from the perspective of a hydra professor who is telling monsters about people.  We have always had legends about monsters but in there world, they have legends about us.  It’s hilarious and has some great illustrations. I wrote that story a few years ago but recently I found it again and decided to edit, refresh, and add to it.  That is currently what I am working on now.

2.  Pretty much all of my short stories are fiction.  I do tend to write more fantasy than anything else but a lot of my stories are mixes of several genres and they are sometimes hard to label.  I don’t write contemporary/modern, dystopian, or romance (Bits of the stories may have dystopian parts or romance parts but they usually don’t dominate the story enough to be put in those genres).  Some of my stories have come out as adventure, fantasy, sci-fi, & historical fiction conglomerations (Those ones were whimsical and fun to write).

3.  That is a hard question because there are so many great episodes to choose from.  I really like, Vanessasary Roughness, Excaliferb, Chronicles of Meep, and all the special extended episodes.  I enjoy all of the episodes, and have memorized most of the songs.  We used to watch it on youtube but they took off all the full episodes and put them on disney plus. We don’t have disney plus and we can’t find find full seasons on dvd so I am very dissapointed about that.

1. What kind of writing do you do?

2. What genre do you write the most?

3. What are your favorite episodes?

4. If you could turn into 3 different animals (1 land animal, 1 aquatic/marine, and 1 mythical creature) what would they be?

See you around!

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
      Philippians 4:8-9

Artsy Dragon
      @artsy-dragon

I finally got to post my dragon pictures in the Art sharing for all forum topic.  I am so glad it finally worked!  I had a lot of trouble trying to post them earlier but now you can see my dragons.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@artsy-dragon. Hi Meeghan, welcome to KP!!! So glad to have you here!!!

I am FreedomWriter76 (or just Freedom) a homeschooled teen girl, Southerner, Writer, Music Fan, History Buff, and Marvel Nerd, but we won’t go there. 😉

I’ve seen your dragon art in the Art Sharing forum, they look AMAZING!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Also…YOU LOVE PHINEAS & FERB AND THE PRINCESS BRIDE!!!! You have AMAZING tastes!!! 👌🏻

I can’t think of many questions right now…but I do have this one:

Do you have any favorite music artists/bands?

(I apologize if this is a repeat…I’m really behind on greeting people. 😅)

Artsy Dragon
          @artsy-dragon

Hello Freedom! I am glad to be here 🙂 I am a very old fashioned Teen and most of the clothes, cars, and houses I like are out of style (sometimes by a few hundred years unfortunately).  Antiques just have so much character.

I love the original & only true Vegietales!  I am in the league of Vegitales veterans who still sing to silly songs with Larry, there are few of us in this generation, but we still remember the old way and we are strong (that sounded so starwars-ish XD)! Are you also a Vegietales veteran?  If so, what is your favorite episode?

I like history (don’t ask me to remember dates & numbers. I just remember the people, stories, and events, mostly in the right order.) but the true history buff in my family is my younger sister.  Dragons are my favorite mythical creatures (obviously lol) and I draw them the most, so we will see a lot more of my fire breathing friends in the art channel soon.  I’m glad you like them! What do you like to draw?

I love most types of music (exceptions are rap & heavy metal) and I am familiar with a lot of oldies thanks to my parents.  I like to let the music speak for itself so I will often listen to instrumental versions of certain songs.  Lots of songs sound better without words, and if the lyrics aren’t good then I listen to an instrumental version and make up my own lyrics.  I’ve written some pretty good song spoofs were I kept the tune but rewrote the lyrics.

I do have favorite bands and songs but the list is kind of long.  I forgot most of the names right now so I will probably tell you more later.

Sorry it took me a long time to reply, I’ve had a lot of schoolwork lately so wasn’t able to get on KP much lately.  I have trouble with time management so I might take a while to respond sometimes just so you know.

This message will not self-destruct

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Ava Blue
            @ava-blue
              • Total Posts: 216

@artsy-dragon MEEGHAN!!! HIIIII!!! Sorry I rarely get time to answer people on here and I didn’t see this until now, argh 🤦‍♀️Funny story, I actually realized you were on here when I was checking the art forum; I saw some of your dragons and recognized the style right away hehe (they look so good, I LOVE the one with antlers!!) Welcome to KP though, I’m so happy you’re one here now! 😄

that a northern wind
              would cool my skin
              and fill my lungs again

Artsy Dragon
              @artsy-dragon

HI!!! I am so glad you finally got the chance to message me!  I really wanted to call you and tell you that I joined lol.  Ember the dragon has been attracting a lot of complements XD. everybody loves his majestic antlers

I’m so glad to be here! I hope we can chat more soon

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 8156

@artsy-dragon. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hello Freedom! I am glad to be here 🙂 I am a very old fashioned Teen and most of the clothes, cars, and houses I like are out of style (sometimes by a few hundred years unfortunately).  Antiques just have so much character.

Antiques are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! 😍😍😍 I love cars from, like, the 1930s-1960s, especially the 1940s-1950s, and fashion from that time for me is just…SO BEAUTIFUL!!! 💖💖💖

I love the original & only true Vegietales!  I am in the league of Vegitales veterans who still sing to silly songs with Larry, there are few of us in this generation, but we still remember the old way and we are strong (that sounded so starwars-ish XD)! Are you also a Vegietales veteran?  If so, what is your favorite episode?

VeggieTales are great!!! I have not watched them in years, tho, except for when I’ve worked Nursery at Church and they’re on, lol. 😂 So, no, I am not a veteran…and I’m afraid I do not remember basically any of the episodes!!! 😅 I do remember that I loved the Penniless Princess tho! 😉🥰 And the one based on the book of Esther!

I like history (don’t ask me to remember dates & numbers. I just remember the people, stories, and events, mostly in the right order.) but the true history buff in my family is my younger sister.

I sometimes forget exact dates too…don’t worry! 😂 I only like History because it has been taught in a way that’s fun/interesting to me. 😉 Ahh, so your younger sister is the History Buff…I see…😜

Dragons are my favorite mythical creatures (obviously lol) and I draw them the most, so we will see a lot more of my fire breathing friends in the art channel soon.  I’m glad you like them! What do you like to draw?

Dragons are EPIC!!! 😁🤩 Ooh, I can’t wait to see them!!! 😍😍😍 Of course, your art is really good!!! 😉😁 I like to draw people (except for their hands!!! 😱). My style is sort of a mix of my own style and anime, since I love the Anime style, lol. 😉😂 But I’ve developed my own style. 😁 I draw a lot of my own characters and Marvel characters. 😂🤩

I love most types of music (exceptions are rap & heavy metal) and I am familiar with a lot of oldies thanks to my parents.  I like to let the music speak for itself so I will often listen to instrumental versions of certain songs.  Lots of songs sound better without words, and if the lyrics aren’t good then I listen to an instrumental version and make up my own lyrics.  I’ve written some pretty good song spoofs were I kept the tune but rewrote the lyrics.

Yes, music is epic!!! I love lyrics, so I normally don’t listen to instrumentals, but I love that you’ve made up lyrics for songs. That’s really cool! 🤩

I do have favorite bands and songs but the list is kind of long.  I forgot most of the names right now so I will probably tell you more later.

My list is long too, don’t worry! 😂 Whenever you wanna tell me, I’m open to listen! 😉

Sorry it took me a long time to reply, I’ve had a lot of schoolwork lately so wasn’t able to get on KP much lately.  I have trouble with time management so I might take a while to respond sometimes just so you know.

Totally get that, girl, don’t worry about it! 🥰🥰🥰

This message will not self-destruct

Oh, thank goodness!!! 😅😂😁

E. M. Trepke
                  @e-m-trepke
                    • Total Posts: 145

@artsy-dragon

Hello there!  E. M. Trepke, at your service. (I guess you could call me Em) *bows dramatically* Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen.
                    I am a Christian Homeschooler who has an old soul in a young body. Old stuff just has so much character. I am also a VeggieTales veteran (much to my grandmother’s dismay), and happen to love dragons with a passion…

I also struggle with time management…

Now for some random questions!

1) favourite dragon in HTTYD (except for toothless and the light fury)?

2) favourite silly song with Larry?

3) Would you rather ride a flying elephant or a flying giraffe?

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
                    -The Doctor

Artsy Dragon
                    @artsy-dragon

Hello Em! I like your profile pic.  You are the first teen I know (besides my siblings) who watches Doctor Who. I have seen quite a bit of Doctor who thanks to my dad and my brother.  My favorite Doctors are Matt Smith and David Tennant. I don’t know a single person my age that is a Whovian so I never get to quote or reference it to my friends (which is very sad).  Yay I’m not the only one anymore!  I actually wrote a Doctor Who song spoof so maybe I can post the lyrics soon.

1.  Oh this is a hard question.  Even though the Gronkle is not the fiercest or most graceful dragon its personality reminds my of one of my dogs. I like all the dragons though and I would have a hard time deciding which one I would want to have

2. The water buffalo song & Were is my hairbrush are in my top favorites. There are so many of them that it is hard to choose.

3. I would ride a flying elephant.  I feel like the giraffe would have a harder time maneuvering with its long neck lol.

Its so nice to meet you!

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

E. M. Trepke
                      @e-m-trepke

@artsy-dragon

Wow… from what I know of you so far, it seems that we are kindred spirits. Whovians, dragon-lovers, veggie-tale-veterans, old souls, artists,  writers, Christians, The Princess Bride lovers, Narnia lovers… I could go on.

Meatlug is adorable! Valka’s dragon (is it Cloudhopper?) is also pretty cool, but rather large.

Are you homeschooled or do you go to a school?  Have you watched the old Doctor Who episodes (with Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee)? Out of the New-Who doctors, I also like David Tennant and Matt Smith the best (although I always wish that Matt had been named John instead… because… you know).

With elephants at least there is a precedent of flight (though fictional). I  think a flying giraffe would probably look ridiculous.

Do you have any musical endeavours? What sort of music do you generally listen to?

-The Doctor

Artsy Dragon
                        @artsy-dragon

oh my goodness yes we have so much in common!

I am homeschooled. I haven’t really seen any of the classic Doctor Who episodes but I would like to simply out of curiosity.  I am learning to play piano (self taught), and I like to play by ear.  I can play quite a bit of the HTTYD soundtrack and a lot of other movie soundtracks. I only have to see a movie once or twice to be able to play the main theme.  I am still learning chords and stuff but I like finding the melodies. I listen to a lot of different genres of music, it all depends on my mood.

I think I’ve already mentioned that I like to write song parodies/spoofs of already existing songs (sometimes that’s my way of getting an annoying song out of my head). One day for no reason at all I had the oldies song Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie stuck in my head and it was driving me nuts.  So I made up Doctor Who lyrics to the song so that it would stop being so annoying lol.  It is my longest song spoof and I am quite proud of it.  The problem is only another whovian would get the lyrics so most of my friends can’t appreciate its genius.

What kind of music do you listen too?

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Artsy Dragon
                          @artsy-dragon

I posted my Doctor Who song in the music forum, in the song spoofs topic.  Let me know what you think of it

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

E. M. Trepke
                            @e-m-trepke

@artsy-dragon

First of all, sorry for the late reply. I haven’t been on KP much this week… Second of all, I love your parody lyrics! I can definitely appreciate them.
                              Oof, music. I listen to a wide variety of music, from orchestral music, to rock, to musicals, to bluegrass, et cetera. (When I say bluegrass I mean the gospel-bluegrass-Canadiana that characterized the music of Tim & the Glory Boys before they went country.) As a rule of thumb, I like older music. Clean music. If you would like, I could make a list of all the artists I listen to regularly.

Ooh! Sounds like you have a pretty good musical ear! I’m working on developing my musical ear, which includes practicing harmonization when I’m alone (so when I get it wrong, I won’t be embarrassed), and practicing the flute.

-The Doctor

Artsy Dragon
                              @artsy-dragon

I’m glad you liked it! I have not been on much either lol. My schedule has been rather crazy lately.  I listen to a lot of different music too.  I listen to clean stuff and old stuff.  usually oldies, worship, or instrumental music.  I also listen to my favorite movie soundtracks.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >