Hello everyone

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello everyone

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Artsy Dragon
    @artsy-dragon
      • Total Posts: 100

Hi!  I’m Artsy dragon and I just got here.  I am excited to meet all of you.  I don’t really know exactly what to say right now, but here are a few things about myself.  My name is Meeghan and I love to draw, read, and write small stories.  I love The Chronicles of Narnia and Winnie-The-Pooh.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
      Philippians 4:8-9

Gwyndalf the Wise
      @gwyndalf-the-wise
        • Total Posts: 404

@artsy-dragon

Hi! *waves*

It’s nice to meet you….although I think I met you originally on a different page XD

I also like drawing, reading, writing, and the Chronicles of Narnia!
        I’ve never read Winnie-The-Pooh. *sighs of shame* I’ll get to it at some point.

And now for questions: (feel free to ask some back if you want to)

1. What are your short stories about?

2. What is your favorite thing to draw?

3. What is something you despise drawing but you want to get better at?

4. Who’s your top three favorite characters out of the Chronicles of Narnia?

5. What are some of your favorite movies or tv shows, if you watch things?

Aaaand tags so other people will be aware of your existence:@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @princesachronicle22 @felicity @sarafini @loopylin @keilah-h @anybody else that I’m forgetting or wants to come meet Artsy-dragon

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
        (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Artsy Dragon
        @artsy-dragon

Hi! I’m glad to meet you too! 🙂  I am still figuring out how to reply to posts so I might struggle a little bit.

1. My short stories are mainly adventures and the characters are usually animals (mythical and real) because I think they are more entertaining to imagine and do stuff with.

2. I draw Dragons and stuff from my own head.  Drawing mythical creatures or monsters gives me a lot of freedom and Dragons are awesome anyway.

3. I don’t really despise drawing Humans/humanoid creatures, architecture, or horses, but I am terrible at them and sometimes I just don’t have any patience.

4. I am going to assume you mean side characters because every one likes the main characters.  My favorite side characters are: Reepicheep, Puddleglum, and Tumnus. I can’t choose my favorite main characters because I like all of them in different ways.

5.  My favorite movies are: The Princess Bride, all the How to Train your Dragon movies, Despicable Me, Both versions of The lion the witch and the wardrobe, Tangled, and a lot of Disney movies (before 2010), Dreamworks, and Illumination.  Most of what I read and watch are old, and I never watch modern remakes (because they are usually full of modern ideas and are just plain bad.  I like the good originals).

What are your answers to the same questions?

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Gwyndalf the Wise
          @gwyndalf-the-wise

@artsy-dragon

P.S. if you don’t tag me (like I just tagged you with @artsy-dragon) I won’t see that you’ve messaged me for awhile, just so you know. =)

I am still figuring out how to reply to posts so I might struggle a little bit.

No worries!

My short stories are mainly adventures and the characters are usually animals (mythical and real) because I think they are more entertaining to imagine and do stuff with.

Oh, cool! Animal adventures, I like it.

I draw Dragons and stuff from my own head. Drawing mythical creatures or monsters gives me a lot of freedom and Dragons are awesome anyway.

Nice. I’ve drawn a couple of dragons, but not recently…I think the last one I drew was back when I tried to copy a Wings of Fire cover.

I don’t really despise drawing Humans/humanoid creatures, architecture, or horses, but I am terrible at them and sometimes I just don’t have any patience.

Ah yes, patience. The wanted but hard to obtain and keep virtue. XD

I am going to assume you mean side characters because every one likes the main characters. My favorite side characters are: Reepicheep, Puddleglum, and Tumnus. I can’t choose my favorite main characters because I like all of them in different ways.

XD I meant any characters…but side characters works. I agree, I like all of them in different ways (Except the monkey in the last book. I hated him.). Puddleglum. XD I love him, but I thought his name was Puddlegum for the longest time.

My favorite movies are: The Princess Bride, all the How to Train your Dragon movies, Despicable Me, Both versions of The lion the witch and the wardrobe, Tangled, and a lot of Disney movies (before 2010), Dreamworks, and Illumination. Most of what I read and watch are old, and I never watch modern remakes (because they are usually full of modern ideas and are just plain bad. I like the good originals).

Yeah, most movies now are…not great. Not good at all.

Aaaand now for my answers:

#1. Soooo…. I haven’t really done any short stories. So I dunno. But XD I have four different series ideas, one of which I’m currently working on. It’s a fantasy/mystery.

#2. HMMMM Probably really goofy sketches of my characters, or scenes with them

#3.  Arms and feet. Although XD I kind am stalling on feet cause…I draw most of my characters in shoes.

#4. I like most of the characters, but for my three: Edmund, Eustace, and Caspian.

#5. For movies: Courageous, War Room, and by the Kendrick Brothers, the original Spider-man triology, all the Narnia movies, all the LoTR movies, Up, The Incredibles, It’s a Wonderful Life, Cars…I wanna say I’m missing something but I can’t think of it at the moment.
            For tv shows: The Chosen. I know it takes quite a few liberties, but I still like it.
            Thunderbirds Are Go. Yes, it’s below my age range, and it isn’t super original, but…I love it. The sibling dynamics are great, and it’s nice to see the main characters respecting their elders. XD And Parker…him and his misspent youth references.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 692

@artsy-dragon

Hey, Meegan, I’m Sara (aka Sarafini) which in case y’all were wondering is a nickname given by my family (actually named after the sarafina car company. 😏I’m a huge fan of AIO (Adventures in Odyssey) and actually have some fan fiction scripts (finished and unfinished 🤭) written. I’m als a writer of Sci-fi, thrillers and contemporary all Christian fiction. I’m really bad at short stories so I admire those that can write a lot of them really well.

Questions:

1. Favorite Narnia movie?
              2. Favorite Narnia book?
              3. Are you writing any books/novels? If so, what’s your WIP about?
              4. Have you listened to AIO?
              Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 692

Also, love Winnie-the-Pooh! It’s so good! 😍❤️❤️ Especially the new Christopher Robin.

Artsy Dragon
                @artsy-dragon

Hi Sara, it’s nice to meet you! I am glad I found out how to tag people now.  Cool nickname.  My name is kind of hard to make a good sounding nickname out of.  I love Adventures in Odyssey though it’s hard to find them in order from the library.  So I guess that answers question 4.  A lot of my stories are unfinished because I get so many different ideas for other stories and end up starting to many at once.  I have a lot of great starts though.  I am sort of just starting out in my writing so I have a lot to learn.

My favorite Narnia movies are The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe and Voyage of the dawn treader. It’s kind of funny but those are my favorite books in the series though I like all of them except for the last battle. I don’t remember what WIP stands for.  I would like to write books and novels but I need to get better at finishing the stories I start first.  I love Christopher Robin too.  They really kept the heart of the characters and stayed true to the books.  We read Winnie-The-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner  aloud as a family a few months ago and we laughed so hard to see so many similarities to Pooh in ourselves. 🙂

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Artsy Dragon
                  @artsy-dragon

[P.S. if you don’t tag me (like I just tagged you with @artsy-dragon) I won’t see that you’ve messaged me for awhile, just so you know. =)]

Thanks for letting me know.  I am glad I figured out how to do that.

[XD I meant any characters…but side characters works. I agree, I like all of them in different ways (Except the monkey in the last book. I hated him.). Puddleglum. XD I love him, but I thought his name was Puddlegum for the longest time.]

I hate the monkey too. I never thought of him as a main character because he was a villian.  The last battle was my least favorite book because it was so dark but it had a beautiful ending.

By the way I find it really funny that in the King James version of the Bible, Patience is called Long suffering (I would have to agree lol).  For drawing I am not good at arms, hands, and feet either.  For both humans and dragons the limbs are very hard to draw.

I love the movie War Room and Overcomer and Risen. I’ve never seen The Chosen but I’ve heard about it.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Artsy Dragon
                    @artsy-dragon

Hi Ava! This is Meeghan. I finally joined Kindom Pen Yay! 🙂

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings
                        • Total Posts: 2803

@artsy-dragon

Hello and welcome!

Tagging is kinda complicated here, so if you don’t mind, I’ll help you out a bit.

You know your tag has wokred when it turns green. For example, if I tag myself:

@mineralizedwritings

It works, and turns green. That means I got notified.

If I tag with anything except that exact spelling, it doesn’t work:

mineralizedwritings

mineralized writings

niether work, because one has a space in it and the other doesn’t have a @ symbol typed.

Some people have different tags and names, look for the name with a @ symbol.

Hope that helps!

Anyways, great to meet you! I like to draw too.

What’s your favorite narnia book?

へびは かっこいい です!

Artsy Dragon
                        @artsy-dragon

Hello! Nice to meet you too.  Thanks for the help on tagging. I think I’ve got it now. I like The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader the best.  What kind of writing do you do?

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Gwyndalf the Wise
                          @gwyndalf-the-wise

@artsy-dragon

I hate the monkey too. I never thought of him as a main character because he was a villian. The last battle was my least favorite book because it was so dark but it had a beautiful ending.

Yeah. It wasn’t my favorite…but I liked it better than A Horse and His Boy *runs before the Horse and His Boy fans come to get me*

By the way I find it really funny that in the King James version of the Bible, Patience is called Long suffering (I would have to agree lol). For drawing I am not good at arms, hands, and feet either. For both humans and dragons the limbs are very hard to draw.

XD I have the New King James Version and long-suffering does sum up the act of patience very well.
                            Yeah. It’s weird, cause if I try to draw realistic animals, their paws usually turn out pretty good…but cartoony humans/wisps hands and feet just become like blobs. XD

I love the movie War Room and Overcomer and Risen. I’ve never seen The Chosen but I’ve heard about it.

Ah. I haven’t heard of Risen. I’ll have to check that out. I liked War Room. Overcomer was okay. It didn’t seem like the girl’s character was very fleshed out, but that’s just my opinion. =)

TheLoonyOne
                            @theloonyone

@artsy-dragon

Hey Meeghan! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I’m Thelooneyone. Like most here, I am a Christian writer, but I also enjoy music, art, and reading. I play the piano (and the clarinet a little) and like to draw and sometimes paint. Right now, I’m working on a couple of different short stories that I started years ago and never finished, and am editing my sci-fi/romance (I have no idea how it ended up being a romance. I have no control over my characters) WIP.

What kind of things do you like to draw? What genres are your favorite to read and write? And I love the Narnia books and Winnie-the-Pooh, too!

Anyway, some newbie questions!

1. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

2. Stranded on an island but five books.

3. What are some of your favorite movies/shows?

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, again! I hope to see you around!

Artsy Dragon
                              @artsy-dragon

Hello there!  I am learning I play piano too (I’m still learning), and most of the time, I draw Dragons and stuff from my imagination.  Something odd about my characters is that usually I draw them first and then write the story and the character.  So the story is inspired by the drawing XD.  I read and write a lot of fiction because it has so much freedom and fun.  It leaves more “scope for the imagination”.  I read a bit of fantasy, Humor, action, historical fiction, sci-fie, mystery and books that don’t really have a category.  I like a mix of all the above.

1. Do soundtracks count as albums? I would like the How to Train You Dragon soundtrack, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe soundtrack, the Despicable Me soundtrack, For king and Country album, and Mathew West album.

2. The Bible, a Pat McManis book, Volume Chronicles of Narnia, Volume of Jules Verne stories, and Matilda.

3. These movies rank some were in my top favorites: The Princess Bride, The Lion the witch and the wardrobe & the voyage of the dawn treader (obviously lol), Robin Hood (classic disney version), Tangled, etc. Just so you know not all of my favorites are fantasy I just happened to list those ones.  For cartoons: Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry, Wile E. Coyote & Roadrunner, Phineas & Ferb.

4. I might win a medal for saying simple quotes (from books, movies, etc) that nobody in the room gets. Even when they know the book/movie were the quote was from, when I quote it they don’t remember or don’t notice.  I could also win a medal for enthusiasm.

Wow! This message turned out longer than expected. Now you know I’m chatty 😉 What would your answers be to the same questions?  I hope to see you around soon too!

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Esther
                                @esther-c
                                  • Total Posts: 3221

@artsy-dragon

Welcome!! Sorry I haven’t gotten around to introducing myself.

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

My current WIP (work in progress) is ya dystopian and is called the Endoxos Trilogy.

Question time!!

1. What’s your favorite short story that you’ve written?

2. Are your short stories mainly fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary, his-fic, or any other genre?

3. I saw that you told somebody else that you like Phineas & Ferb. My siblings and I love that show!! XDXD What is your favorite episode?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >