Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    KydonAndWillow
    @kydonandwillow
      • Total Posts: 39

The people! I wanted to make a series that I would enjoy reading lol. I am still making the world. That sounds weird out of context! Still working through some plot holes overall, but I have the end of the first book (I love cliffhangers!) and the first 8 chapters. Writing it is easy, but I’m dreading editing…

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2616

@kydonandwillow

Hello ❤️ Nice to meet you!

I’m Whaley. I’m into cartoon superheroes, bright, creative metaphors, and snickerdoodles.

What’s your favorite color to wear?

Would you rather ride a double-decker bus or a penny farthing?

Favorite aesthetic?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Allison
        @acancello
          • Total Posts: 838

@kydonandwillow

Welcome! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

Hope you love KP!!

KydonAndWillow
          @kydonandwillow

@whalekeeper

Green and pink! I’m a Spring, so I look better in those colors.

Had to do a quick Google search to see what a penny farthing was, they looked scary! I would like to go on a double-decker bus!

Ummmm not sure what you mean by that…

@acancello

Wingfeather Saga!

I swim competitively. I am also competing at my first dog show in October with my Mini Poodle.

I write about 1 chapter a day! I read it at night to my sisters, they are my critics.

Allison
            @acancello
              • Total Posts: 838

@kydonandwillow

Oooh, I have not read the Wingfeather Saga yet! Thats so cool, what kind of dog do you have?

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2616

@kydonandwillow

Good choices 😋

So an aesthetic is like… I don’t even know how to explain it 😂… like an art style, but for your everyday life – clothes, accessories, music. There are a bunch of genres, like dark academia, soft girl, or cottagecore. If you look some up, it might make more sense than what I just said!

And you can make up your own! 😊

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom
                  • Total Posts: 1251

@kydonandwillow

Hello, welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom. I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current project is a universe I’m making with my sister called the Septrum.

Questions!

Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (Hard meaning more concrete defined rules for the readers, vs soft being more open possibilities.)

What is your favorite fantasy concept you’ve seen in writing?

What is your favorite fantasy concept you’ve come up with yourself?

And last but not least:

If everyone on earth never sneezed again starting now, how long would it be before anyone notices?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

KydonAndWillow
                  @kydonandwillow

@acancello

Miniature Poodle, my family breeds them for shows and companions.

@whalekeeper

Ohhhh I have heard of those. I would say cottage-core or kind of basic white-girl-type things.

@thearcaneaxiom

Cool! My brother is an engineering student, and he is making a sci-fi space fantasy book too! *whispers* I don’t understand half of it!

Answers!

Soft, mostly because I haven’t invented a whole lot of different things from Earth. We will see where the story takes me.

I am not sure, although portals to Earth are always fun!

I would like to do something with wolves. Wolves are fun.

I would notice right away! My sister has allergies lol!

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom
                      • Total Posts: 1251

@kydonandwillow

Cool! My brother is an engineering student, and he is making a sci-fi space fantasy book too! *whispers* I don’t understand half of it!

That’s really cool! Is he getting into the more engineering aspect with spaceships and stuff? Is he exploring other sci-fi concepts with a little more rigor, like with physics and biology?

Soft, mostly because I haven’t invented a whole lot of different things from Earth. We will see where the story takes me.

Could you clarify on what you mean on not inventing things from earth? The relationship between our reality and your worldbuilding style is very subjective. Both hard and soft worldbuilding can be done in highly earthlike and non earth like settings, it’s more about how much you develop the world and share with the readers.

I am not sure, although portals to Earth are always fun!

Ohh, are you specifically referring to portal fantasies, like Narnia? Those are always really fun!

I would like to do something with wolves. Wolves are fun.

Wolves are indeed fun! What would you explore about them? Would you put them in a noble or sinister light? Would you explore them as characters, or symbols? What would you add or take to create some mechanic to generate a story?

I would notice right away! My sister has allergies lol!

Hmm, interesting, but even if you take immediate notice to the fact that your sister stopped sneezing, would you really first conclude or even consider that everyone stopped sneezing?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3213

@kydonandwillow

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!

Time for some questions!

1. Who’s your favorite character to write? Why?/What are they like?

2. Who’s your favorite character from either a movie/tv show or book/series?

3. If you could have a conversation with anybody who’s every lived (Bible characters, authors, celebrities, historical figures, etc.), which three people would you choose?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!! 😀

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Light Warrior Pen
                        @light-warrior-pen
                          • Total Posts: 103

@kydonandwillow

Hello! I’m Light Warrior Pen, romantic suspense writer and all around artsy person.

Questions:

Do you include romance in your writing?

If you could go anywhere in the world and didn’t have to worry about time, money, or safety, where would you go?

Have you ever been published (blogs count)?

Welcome to the Kingdom!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

KydonAndWillow
                          @kydonandwillow

@esther-c

Whew! All the questions!

1. People like myself, honestly. My sister pointed this out because Willow is how I am around strangers. But Kydon is how I am around my siblings and good friends at 3 a.m.!

2. Janner! From the Wingfeather Saga

3. C.S. Lewis, Jesus, and my Grandfather.

KydonAndWillow
                            @kydonandwillow

@light-warrior-pen

I love suspense, although I have only watched suspense movies.

My WIP isn’t really focused on it, but a couple of crucial parts involve romance. Mostly with the older MC because she almost married someone before they got captured, then someone from her past who she was betrothed to comes back into the story. So her relationship with him is important to his redemption/repentance. I don’t know if that makes sense or not.

Hmmm… Ireland, Germany, and Russia. I love Europe.

No, but maybe one day!

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3213

@kydonandwillow

1. People like myself, honestly. My sister pointed this out because Willow is how I am around strangers. But Kydon is how I am around my siblings and good friends at 3 a.m.!

That’s awesome! (Totally understand hanging with friends/siblings late at night. It can be dangerous 🤣) Those characters sound like so much fun!!

2. Janner! From the Wingfeather Saga

Yesss!! I love the Wingfeather Saga!!

3. C.S. Lewis, Jesus, and my Grandfather.

Cool! 😊 I love it!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

KydonAndWillow
                                @kydonandwillow

@thearcaneaxiom

He is in metallurgical engineering, so more of the chemistry and post-apocalyptic things. And planet colonizing I believe.

I haven’t really done a lot of worldbuilding at this point, other than places and traditions and stuff. I would probably lean more toward soft worldbuilding because I would rather spend more time in the book talking about people and character-building than building a whole society from scratch.

Definitely sinister, because early in the book (2nd chapter) it is briefly mentioned how the female MC is terrified of wolves, I later realized that this could have an entire back-story as to why. Most likely the Emporer found a way to make them into weapons of war. I still have yet to figure out the rest of that.

Hmmmm… Perhaps a few days! Or weeks! Or… Months? I suppose we will never know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >