Hello.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Otherworldly Historian
    @otherworldlyhistorian
      • Total Posts: 219

@starofthenorth
      No, she doesn’t not for me. 😐

@arien

1. I would say Gandalf but Boromir has started to grow on me looking back on it.

3. tea and apple cider.

4. No socks. Crock-sanuks forever!!

5. Carpet.

6. Can I say both?

7. English because it is my native language. If I can’t pick that it would be 中文。

Through darkness,
      light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
      @princesachronicle22
        • Total Posts: 759

@otherworldlyhistorian

WOW!!! That magic system sounds amazing!!! I love the color bases and moon bases. I’m a big moon magic and color magic fan sooo, yeah.

Cast In Firelight has a similar color based magic system, but different

My magic system is all about ROCKS, sounds so interesting I know XD

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
        And guess what? His is eternal (:

Otherworldly Historian
        @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

How does your magic system use these ROCKs 🪨 ?

Through darkness,
          light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
          @princesachronicle22

@otherwordlyhistorian

Guess I should probably explain that now huh? Lol.

I’m working on it with my Brocha (Brother) we’re doing a colloberated universe

So there are seven base stones that control different things. They all either absorb or emit a substance. (though it get’s weird with some of them)

Liquid stone.

Gas/smell stone.

And solid stone. (It pushes and pulls on solid objects rather than absorbing them)

Those are the three Mundane elements/rocks, then there are the Spiritual elements and the Etherial element (wihich is like the base for all the other stones because it’s literally like space itself)

Light stone.

Sound stone.

Mind stone.

And then the Etherial stone.

Did that make any sense??

Otherworldly Historian
            @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

Yes. It kind of did. It seems like a very interesting system.

Through darkness,
              light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
              @princesachronicle22

@otherworldlyhistorian

thanks! I certaintly hope so! I’ve had lot’s of fun writing about it and how it affects technology and culture

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 692

@otherworldlyhistorian
                  Hey! Welcome to KP!

I’m Sara aka sarafini.

I’m a recent homeschool graduate, writer of everything Christian fiction except horror and romance (although I may have a tiny bit of romance between characters during a story), I mostly write thriller, Sci-fi, and contemporary, I’m also a huge fan of AIO (adventures in odyssey) and audio drama in general.

Questions:

1. What genres do you read and/or write?
                  2. What’s your favorite genre to read and/or write?
                  3. Have you been published yet?
                  4. How many books (if any) have you completed?

I’m a bit late to this so don’t worry about answering these if you already have. Just let me know who asked you these so I can look through the answers.

Otherworldly Historian
                  @otherworldlyhistorian

@sarafini

I’m a recent homeschool graduate,

Ah so that makes you old and wise
                    🙃🙂🙃

1. What genres do you read and/or write?

I mostly read (excluding required school reading) fantasy/sci-fi, and mystery.

I have only really seriously considered writing fantasy/sci-fi. I once tried semi-historical fiction but couldn’t get passed research.

2. What’s your favorite genre to read and/or write?

My favourite genre is fantasy/sci-fi. I think it may also be important to note that I don’t really like writing space sci-fi (I do enjoy reading/watching it though). I more prefer the fantasy that is on the thin line between being fantasy and sci fi. This is kind of seen in my current WIP which has a tech level near that of WW1 (they don’t have everything ie. U-boats). Also it all relies on the lunar based power system. I also prefer a more scientific approach to ‘magic systems’ which makes it not really feel like magic anymore. (If this doesn’t make sense look up sandersons laws of magic)

3. Have you been published yet?

I wish. I would have to finish my book first.

4. How many books (if any) have you completed?

None yet, (I haven’t left my outlining yet but I am close to finishing it). I am actually on my 3rd or fourth outline. (I don’t really remember).

Through darkness,
                    light shines brightest

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 692

@otherworldlyhistorian

[quote quote=127714]Ah so that makes you old and wise 🙃🙂🙃[/quote]

Oh? I’m not sure whether to take that as a compliment. Lol.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@otherworldlyhistorian. Hello, and welcome to KP!!! It’s cool that @folith-feolin is your twin brother! 😀

I am FreedomWriter76, a teen girl who is also a Christian, homeschooler, High Schooler, Music Fan, History Buff (mostly WW2 and American Revolution…XD), and Marvel Nerd.

Your book sounds very interesting! I’m not much of a fantasy/sci-fi kind of gal, but it does sound interesting! 😉

My brain is fried right now, and I don’t have any question ideas, ack, but welcome to KP!!!

And if you want someone to talk to about your WIP’s, I’d be happy to listen! I love hearing about others’ stories! 🙂

God Bless!

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3221

@otherworldlyhistorian

My fantasy duology was originally supposed be a retelling of the story of Queen Esther, but it didn’t quite work that way. So basically this is what it’s about:

Corissa (Corie) Jace and her twin brother Tyrone lost their parents four years ago. Shorty after their parents disappeared, Ty ran away. Corie had discovered the God of the universe and joined His people, Ecclesia. Ty became jealous of the joy she had after something so tragic and had to leave. Now, four years later, the king and queen are looking to adopt a son and daughter. After a month of preparations, Corie is adopted as their daughter. Now a princess, she grows in her relationship with the king and queen. And this will be useful. Soon, someone is causes disasters to happen and are blaming it on her people, Ecclesia. She appeals to the king for her people’s innocence. She has ten days to form a defense; so she goes searching for their people’s Savior.

That’s pretty much book 1. It is written from both Corie and Ty’s POVs. Ty is actually working for the man who is trying to destroy Eccelsia. Book 2 is sort of going to be like Acts. Bc Corie and some others find their Savior, and they are persecuted for their beliefs.

Does that make any sense?

There’s a reason why I am stopping writing it for a very long time. 😅

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22

@esther-c

Wow! That sounds like a pretty cool dynamic!

Otherworldly Historian
                            @otherworldlyhistorian

@esther-c
                              Makes perfect sense.

My fantasy duology was originally supposed be a retelling of the story of Queen Esther, but it didn’t quite work that way.

I can relate well to this. I don’t write bible retellings but the original ideas for The Kharvian Anthology was much smaller and the only real similar thing was the technology that would allow for the overthrow and oppression of natural aether users by replicating it. I like the way it has evolved though and feel it is much deeper, darker, and more interesting now.

Through darkness,
                              light shines brightest

Otherworldly Historian
                              @otherworldlyhistorian

@freedomwriter76

I am also a history buff. My current WIP series is definitely inspired a lot by the first world war but it is definitely also a mash up of a bunch of other history stuff I like. I really want to capture the multi-faceted conflict and how there are villains and heroes on both sides. I think the war will definitely end differently as I am kind of thinking that it will wrap itself up more.

Through darkness,
                                light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
                                @princesachronicle22

@otherworldlyhistorian

I am also a history buff. My current WIP series is definitely inspired a lot by the first world war but it is definitely also a mash up of a bunch of other history stuff I like. I really want to capture the multi-faceted conflict and how there are villains and heroes on both sides. I think the war will definitely end differently as I am kind of thinking that it will wrap itself up more.

Yes, I agree, I love seeing both sides of things and really getting to the minds of characters and how they personally think verses how others do

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >