Hello.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Otherworldly Historian
    @otherworldlyhistorian
      • Total Posts: 217

Hi all. I am extremely excited to join the KP community where I can get to talk with fellow christian writers.

(I should probably now talk a bit about myself since that is who I am introducing in this thread).

I am a public high school kid who goes to a magnet school. I also enjoy playing tabletop games, and reading, and writing (which you probably assumed). I also have a twin brother who has a KP account (and is how I found out about this place).

(I feel like that was too many Is).

Since this is a site about about writing I should probably talk about my writing a bit (which I will happily do 🙂). I mostly write fantasy/sci fi which is also my favourite genre to read. (My username is also a reference to this because I prefer to write in other worlds than our own). Recently I have been working on a kind of large semi-Anthology dark fantasy-sci fi. I am currently calling it The Kharvia Anthology. The name might still get changed. If I was going to explain Kharvia really simply I would say it is kind of a fantasy, lunar powered, world that is on the brink of a WW1 esque total war. The anthology part is because I am planning on making the series be subdivided into seasons which are a group of similarly timed books set in different areas with a different main cast.

Through darkness,
      light shines brightest

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2039

@otherworldlyhistorian

Hello! Welcome to kingdom pen! I’m Loopy. I like writing fantasy and sci-fi too! (Though my sci-fi is pretty much just fantasy but on different planets)

Another twin? That’s really cool. I sometimes wish I had a twin, but I think a lot of people do that. Are you @folith-feolin ‘s twin?

Don’t worry, you didn’t use too many I’s. You’re introducing yourself. It’s normal.

Your book series sounds really cool. How much of it have you written? Do you have a favorite character?

I guess since I’m first to respond, I’m supposed to tag a bunch of people? Get ready to be bombarded with newbie questions.
        @freedomwriter76 @theloonyone @godlyfantasy12 @keilah-h @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @ava-blue @felicity @esther-c @koshka

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 76

Hello @otherworldlyhistorian and welcome to Kingdom Pen!!  Welcome welcome!

I love tabletop games, reading, and writing, as well. I’m pretty new myself to KP and just joined a couple weeks ago. Already my writing motivation has skyrocketed!

Your WIP sounds very interesting! Are you planning to share any of it here?

A few questions…

1. Favorite board game?

2. Favorite book/series?

3. Favorite time period in history?

Otherworldly Historian
          @otherworldlyhistorian

[quote quote=127498]Are you @folith-feolin ‘s twin? [/quote]

Correct

[quote quote=127498]Your book series sounds really cool. How much of it have you written? Do you have a favorite character?[/quote]

I am kind of a plot-type writer so I haven’t gotten to any real chapters yet but I have gone through a couple of planning drafts and am currently really far in the planning draft for S1 B1 (also K1) (I also haven’t titled it anything really). It is multi-narrative and mostly about one of the fictional Kharvian countries called Karpenta which is on the eastern continent (there are two continents). Karpenta has this super unique (and inefficient) beurocracy system all about houses where people’s last name is based on their basically guild and their society is extremely divided because the houses are in charge of different things and the two really powerful ones hate each other. There is also a revolution brewing under the surface and some of the other countries want to take this one piece of land that is really important. The MCs of the story are a really diverse group within the society going from Thadra who is the main overseer of the Ramis shipping guilds to Nycra who grew up in a kind of abusive crime family and spends most of the book trying to go clean while running from ‘hunters’ who are trying to kill her because she is a Glurae (the people who can manipulate all 5 types of moonlight).

(I hope that wasn’t too rant like)

If I had to choose a favorite character it would probably be this one character who is technically not an MC in the S1B1 but is going to be in it and be an MC in another one. He is currently named Linus Lenova and is the leader of the Rosseland’s diplomacy as well as its secondary executive person. He is kind of a bad guy but I like him because his story is really interesting.

Through darkness,
            light shines brightest

Otherworldly Historian
            @otherworldlyhistorian

@booksandbeakers

[quote quote=127499]1. Favorite board game?[/quote]

Probably this one game called Too Many Bones. It is kind of like a hack-and-slash RPG but as a board game.

[quote quote=127499]2. Favorite book/series?[/quote]

If I have to choose one I finished it would be The Licanius Trilogy

The series I am currently reading, The poppy war, is really good though. It is very dark though (if you know a bit about Chinese history you probably gleaned this from the title already) and there is some iffy stuff (like the MCs frequent use of a four-letter word that ends in k).

[quote quote=127499]3. Favorite time period in history?[/quote]

Hmmmm. There is some interesting stuff everywhere but probably from the late seventeen hundreds (necessary to hold all of the French revolutions) through 1800s. I mean it has all the cool stuff like the Opium wars, the French revolution/Napolean, the industrial revolution, and the unification of Germany.

Through darkness,
              light shines brightest

Folith-Feolin
              @folith-feolin
                • Total Posts: 310

@otherworldlyhistorian
                Hello!

@loopylin

You are right he is my twin.

Is it okay if I don’t ask you questions as I already know you and kind of want to be lazy?

Otherworldly Historian
                @otherworldlyhistorian

@folith-feolin

Correct.

Through darkness,
                  light shines brightest

Folith-Feolin
                  @folith-feolin

Helloooo Come say hello to my brother

@princesachronicle22
                    @power @booksandbeakers @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @willow-woodrow @whalekeeper @theloonyone @mineralizedwritings @koshka @freedomwriter76 @ava-blue

(I never get to do this)

Folith-Feolin
                    @folith-feolin

If I retagged you I’m sorry

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6
                        • Total Posts: 1626

@otherworldlyhistorian

Hello there!! Oh, that’s awesome that @folith-folin is your twin!! I’ve always wanted a twin :).
                        Anyway, I’m Lightoverdarkness, a teen that loves playing piano, drawing, riding horses, exploring in woods and creeks, and of course, writing. I love your signature!! It’s kinda similar to mine :)!

Okay, get to know you questions!!

1. If you could spend the day with any 3 (historical figure, writer, or someone else) who would they be, and what would you ask them?

2. Which of your characters are most like you?

3. What themes do you have in your book?

It’s nice to meet you, and can’t wait to get to know you better :D!!

#HugRikerSquad

Otherworldly Historian
                        @otherworldlyhistorian

@lightoverdarkness6

I also love hiking.

[quote quote=127507]I love your signature!![/quote]

Thanks. I will have to thank my small knowledge of HTML code.

[quote quote=127507]1. If you could spend the day with any 3 (historical figure, writer, or someone else) who would they be, and what would you ask them?[/quote]

Definitely Jesus.

Honestly, I would also probably want to meet Paul because he seems like a cool dude.

Then it would be J.R.R. Tolkien if he counts as a historical figure.

[quote quote=127507]2. Which of your characters are most like you?[/quote]

Umm. I don’t really know. I kind of find myself littered among characters. There are a few characters who come to mind as similar but I feel like they are too questionable to identify with (at least in S1). I really like writing gray characters and seeing their arcs because I feel they can be very inspiring.

[quote quote=127507]3. What themes do you have in your book?[/quote]

Probably anti-fanaticism, anti-war, anti-imperialism, anti-oppression, and hope.

Through darkness,
                          light shines brightest

PrincesaChronicle22
                          @princesachronicle22
                            • Total Posts: 759

@otherworldlyhistorian

Heya! I’m @princesachronicle22

Lovely to make your aquaintaince this fine morn! I’m new here too, but so far everything’s been really great! Also your book sounds EPIC by the way, and don’t change the title The Kharvia Anthology, unless you really want to because it sounds awesome and I love it 😉

I’m a teen homeschooler, who like you, loves reading and writing. (What a surprise right? XD) I also like dancing, drawing, and eating food, (foods just great)

Okay so lemme think of a few questions for you!

1. What character have you enjoyed writting most?

2. Do you have a favorite animal or fantasy creature?

3. How many WIPs or stories are you working on?

4. Do you have a favorite food? (Mine is chicken noodle soup)

And now I will wave farewell! Hope to see you and your twin more around the server! You both seem awesome!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                            And guess what? His is eternal (:

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2794

@otherworldlyhistorian

Hello!

I like your username! And your story sounds interesting.

I’m Mineralizedwritings, I write dystopian ya, make comics sometimes, draw, speedcude, and way to many other random hobby things. XD

A couple questions!

1.Are snakes cool? (answer carefully XD)

3.What is your favorite character from your story to write and why?

4.What are the themes of your wip and why?

5.What kind of music do you like?

Looking forward to seeing you around!

へびは かっこいい です!

Otherworldly Historian
                              @otherworldlyhistorian

@princesachronicle22

I appreciate that you like the series title.

[quote quote=127511]
                                1. What character have you enjoyed writting most?
                                [/quote]

This is very difficult for me to choose because the MCs all have interesting personalities. If I had to choose one I have done planning for it would probably be Nycla Kol. This is because her story is really fast paced and I find the ‘allways running’ mechanic interesting. This may change in real writing as it is mostly just based on preferred plot-line right now.

[quote quote=127511]
                                2. Do you have a favorite animal or fantasy creature?
                                [/quote]

Probably (if they count) the Maurozirs. The Maurozirs are these immortal beings that are kind of like Valar from tolkien but diffeent. The Maurozirs once lived with Eiren (basically Kharvia’s version of God) but they left to go to Kharvia (which Eiren told them not to do) They are all trapped in Kharvia until the end times and mostly lost their memories of before they entered Kharvia. There are six Maurozirs and all but the sixth one is tied to one of the moons. The ones tied to moons get the power of that moon and are revived on that moons full version. They also have a ‘Heart’ which is this gem which is bonded to one person and can be gifted to another or themself. Whoever is bonded can summon the gem and whoever is gifted it can use that moons power/have more reserve if they already can use that power. The ‘Heart’ stones can be given to a new master or become bonded to who killed the old master / touches the gem after the old master died.
                                The sixth Maurozir is named Glaurung and is basically an immortal human that rebirths and has a continuing string of memories.

[quote quote=127511]
                                3. How many WIPs or stories are you working on?
                                [/quote]

I am currently trying to stay only in Kharvia and work mostly on S1B1 (Which needs a title) but I occasionally do world-building and stuff for the other 5 S1 books.

[quote quote=127511]
                                4. Do you have a favorite food? (Mine is chicken noodle soup)
                                [/quote]

Sushi!!

Through darkness,
                                light shines brightest

Otherworldly Historian
                                @otherworldlyhistorian

@mineralizedwritings

What is Speedcube?

I like your username! And your story sounds interesting.

Thanks.

1.Are snakes cool? (answer carefully XD)

Mostly. 🐍

3.What is your favorite character from your story to write and why?

I have already kind of answered this.

4.What are the themes of your wip and why?

Most of my themes are inspired by history and current events.

The anti-fanaticism one is probably mostly based on stuff from AP Euro and the whole Taliban thing aswell as some other stuff.

I also enjoy showing the multiple sides of a conflict and the civilian side of war.

5.What kind of music do you like?

I mostly listen to christian music and stuff like Clamavi De Profundis, Peter Hollens, Movie soundtracks, and some of Miricles of Sound.

Through darkness,
                                  light shines brightest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >