Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Evelyn
    @iluvhim18
      • Total Posts: 95

@ariel-f

Hey, Ariel! My name is Evelyn, I’m 14, though I’m turning 15 in a few months. I’ve been writing seriously since around 2017, and I’m working on a sci-fi/fantasy novel set in a whole other world.

I am also a Christian but I go to public school. I love cats, music, swimming, reading, and of course writing. I mostly write romance and fantasy, but I am recently getting into mystery and sci-fi.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy KP! 😀

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Ariel
      @ariel-f
        • Total Posts: 50

@lydia-s

Hi, Lydia!

I haven’t written any mystery stories either, but I’ve been meaning to. It is a small element in most of my stories though.

(1) My top three authors are Rebecca Tingle, Louisa May Alcott, and L. M. Montgomery. I have been meaning to order a certain series of books that look good, so that author may soon join my list!

(2) I don’t read any books with mythological creatures in them, so I’m not sure. . .

(3) Who is my all-time favorite book character? *drumroll please* The Lady Aethelflaed from The Edge on the Sword.

See you later!

Ariel
        @ariel-f

@kathleenramm

Hi, Kathleen!

How do I go about starting a novel to finishing it? Hmm. . . Well, I’m pretty new to this, and I’ve never finished a novel before, still trying to figure it out. . . Do you have any advice?

Ariel
          @ariel-f

@elanor

Hi, Lilly!

I’m glad you like my book idea! BTW, can you recommend me any futuristic books? Yeah, my sister says she just watches Star Wars for the music. (It’s beautiful!) Although I find some of the movies a bit odd, they’re pretty good.

I really like all of those Christian artists! Do you like ‘Truth be Told’ by Matthew West?

It’s nice to meet you!

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile
              • Total Posts: 138

@ariel-f Hi! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Jodi. I was homeschooled too, and I also love wolves! I went to a White Wolf Sanctuary once on the Oregon Coast, a few hours away from where I live in Central Oregon. They were so beautiful!

Your story sounds so interesting (and like something I’d love to start reading right now)! I love the contrast between medieval/high tech societies. You might have already gotten this question, but how did you get the idea for your story?

Oh and I also love historical fiction! I’ve taken a lot of history classes in college for story ideas XD

Anyway, it’s so nice to meet you!

Elanor
              @elanor
                • Total Posts: 186

@ariel-f

Hi Ariel. (Really pretty name btw)
                I actually haven’t read any futuristic science fiction books. Just watched a few movies.  I’ve seen a few books at the library from time to time but they weren’t by Christian authors and they looked pretty weird.
                Though I love the topic of futuristic stuff. Lol. I love reading in the different Bible books like Revelation and Daniel I find them SOOO fascinating! All the stuff that’s going to happen in the future is so interesting and would be really scary if Jesus wasn’t my King.

Yes, I do like Truth Be Told” by Matthew West. I also really like “Grace Wins” another song by him. And if you want a good laugh you should hear his songs “Quarantine Life” and “Gobble Gobble” they’re pretty funny.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m
                  • Total Posts: 1242

@ariel-f

I’m going to have to apologize profusely for being so late in welcoming you to Kingdom Pen! *Facepalms*
                  Anywho it is AMAZING to have you here Ariel!! And *high fives* I’m also a  100% horse/wolf/hiking/reading/writing fan! 😀 You listen to For King And Country too? That is one of my favorites! Which is your favorite song by them? I have a really hard time choosing between Joy, Burn The Ships and Ceasefire.
                  Your WIP sounds so amazing btw, especially the future aspect of it and the method of travel in it:D What’s your favorite part of it so far? Favorite setting to writing in?:)

XD Alright, I’ll stop asking questions, but once again, welcome to KP!

Lydia S.
                  @lydia-s
                    • Total Posts: 399

@ariel-f

Oh, fun! I think an element of mystery in any story makes it better. 😉

1) I’m not familiar with the first author, but I can add a big “YES!” to the last two! L.M.A. wrote one of my all-time favorite romances actually, Rose in Bloom. Have you read that one? L.M. Montgomery is also high on my list of favorites, Anne of the Island being my favorite book of hers. I’ve only read the Anne series and I think Emily of New Moon too. I know I read parts of that one… Just not sure if I read the rest or skimmed through it… 😛 Do you have a favorite series or book from her?

2) Gotcha. What genres are your favorites?

3) Oooo… I’ve never heard of that book! The Lady’s name sounds super cool though. Who is the author?

Ariel
                    @ariel-f

@iluvhim18

Hi Evelyn!

With your sci-fi/fantasy novel, how different is the whole other world from Earth? Your WIP sounds cool!

I also love to go swimming. If there was a swim team where I live, I would join it! I haven’t written romance before, I might try it someday.

My middle name is Evelyn, spelled a different way.

It’s nice to meet you!

Ariel
                      @ariel-f

@jodi-maile

Hi Jody!

Wow! I’ve always wanted to go to a wolf sanctuary! I’ve only seen wolves at the zoo. They were Mexican Wolves, and their pen was way too small. I felt bad. Arctic Wolves are my favorite, one day I’m going to go to Alaska to see them in the wild. I hear they’re rare to see though. Wolves are the most beautiful creatures.

Really? Thanks! Yes, writing the two totally different societies is really exciting. The idea for my story actually just popped into my head one day. I’d been wanting to do a medieval story, and also a story that was futuristic, so I just put the genres together!

It’s nice to meet you!

Evelyn
                        @iluvhim18
                          • Total Posts: 95

@ariel-f

Ooh, my world is a lot like Earth, except for the presence of magic and a lot more advanced technology. The world is set pretty far along in its’ life so the magic is dying out, I’m basically starting at the end, if that makes any sense. At least now I have room for a prequel! xD

Yes, swimming! I’ve never done it as a sport before (outside of my Church Youth group), but I love to swim at my local pool over the summer with my family. Romance is a lot of fun to write, there’s a lot of variety and freedom with it! For example, it doesn’t have to be the main plot, it can showcase different kinds of romantic relationships, etc.

That’s so cool! I was named after my great-grandma, so it’s kind of an older name and I haven’t met a lot of people who are familiar with it.

Nice to meet you, too! 🙂

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Ariel
                          @ariel-f

@abigail-m

Hi Abigail!

My favorite For King and Country song is probably Ceasefire.

My favorite part of my book so far is how the two protagonists meet, and my favorite setting is the land where Tori lives.

It’s nice to meet you!

Ariel
                            @ariel-f

@lydia-s

Yes, and to tell you the truth, it would be very hard to find a book that doesn’t have mystery on my shelf!

I’m actually reading Rose in Bloom right now! I haven’t gotten very far though. No, I don’t have a favorite of L.M.Montgomery’s books. I’ve only read a few and liked all of them so far.

Some of my favorite genres to read are historical fiction, contemporary, Action/Adventure,. . . Hmm. . . I can’t seem to think of anymore.

The author is Rebecca Tingle, and she wrote the book based on what she thought Aethelflaed, Lady of the Mercians, life before marriage was like. The book is called The Edge on the Sword.

See you later!

Ariel
                              @ariel-f

@iluvhim18

Hi Evelyn!

Your world sounds great!

I haven’t had swimming as a sport either, I just think it would be fun!

Really? Come to think of it, I haven’t either.

See you later!

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s
                                  • Total Posts: 399

@ariel-f

Exactly! It always makes things more interesting. 🙂

Awesome! Let me know what you think of it. I hope you like it as much as I do! 😀 Nice! Anne is the best. 😉

Those are great genres! I’ve dabbled in a couple of those, writing wise, and read from all of them, I think! (If non-fiction contemporary novels count. 😉)

I’ll look into that book! Thanks for the suggestion. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >