Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Autumn Rebecca
    @autumn-rebecca
      • Total Posts: 57

I have considered it big time! I have changed my name multiple time… I know, that’s very unprofessional.

First, I went by Autumn H.

Secondly, I went by my first name (Autumn) and my last name.

Thirdly, I thought about changing my real name into a pen name. I knew that when I got married, I wouldn’t want to go by my last name as an author anymore.

Finally, I settled on using my first and middle name. I’ll probably always keep it that way. If I ever write a novel, it’ll probably have a touch of romance, so I feel like Autumn Rebecca fits that well. 😅

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer
        • Total Posts: 243

@autumn-rebecca

Autumn was my first pen name! I was going to go by Autumn Meadowlark for a while, but I picked R.M. Archer after I decided “Meadowlark” was too weird, lol. Autumn is a lovely name. ^-^

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Autumn Rebecca
        @autumn-rebecca
          • Total Posts: 57

Aw, thank you! That’s exciting that it was your first pen name!

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

I don’t really use a pen name, although I might have considered it once or twice. Reasons:

1. I’m highly likely to never get married, so I’ll probably never have the issue of changing my last name.
            2. My name is unusual anyway.
            3. I’m mostly writing picture books for kids/teens, especially those with special needs. By using my real name, I feel like I’m showing kids that they, too, can write books and don’t have to be grown up.
            4. I have created alternate names for characters who are supposed to represent me. For any of you who have read the Warriors series, I have a WindClan medicine cat oc named Jayheart. This led to the human story manifestation of me being called Jaye, but I don’t really think I’d like being called that in real life……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >