Harry Potter?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Harry Potter?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hullofellowhumans
    @hullofellowhumans
      • Total Posts: 26

What do Y’all think about Harry Potter? I know that it is kinda controversial. I read em for the first time last year. I liked em, and have become a fan. Also what house are you in? I am Hufflepuff

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

I wasn’t allowed to read them until I was in my mid teens, because my mum felt the last few books were too adult for me as a kid. I liked them, but honestly don’t feel any connection to them. I feel there are a lot of better series, personally I prefer Percy Jackson and Rick Riordan’s other works!

I’m a Ravenclaw 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

KattheWriter
        @katthewriter
          • Total Posts: 103

@hullofellowhumans

I didn’t read/ watch Harry Potter till this year but I looooveee them.  I’m STILL MAD AT JK ROWLING THO for killing my favorite characters 🙁

But I love them so much. I relate to Harry and they give me hope and comfort and courage to keep fighting even in the terrible and the dark times.

Books are so much better than the movies but I die for the soundtrack of Deathly Hallows pt 2. It’s just sooo good.  Prisoner of Azkaban or Order of the Phoenix is my favorite book.

I’m rereading them now that I understand the full story and everything,  so I’m on GoF rn. The fun awkward age of Harry James Potter

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by KattheWriter.

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

KattheWriter
          @katthewriter
            • Total Posts: 103

Oh and.. I think I’m a gryffindor, but I’ve got multiple houses so idk.  Lol. Part Ravenclaw, part Slytherin, and part gryffindor.

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3201

@hullofellowhumans

I know this thread is old, but I’m replying anyway. XD

My brother, my mom, and I have all read Harry Potter. I think we all really enjoyed them! The books were really well written. Our whole fam watched the movies and liked them too!

I have no idea what house I’d be in. Lol XD

I don’t know what else to say about the books tho… *crickets chirping* They were really good, tho!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Folith-Feolin
              @folith-feolin
                • Total Posts: 310

@esther-c
                Rowling and some others made an official house sorting quiz which can be found at

https://www.wizardingworld.com/

and then click on house sorting at the top you have to make a free account to do it (basically give them your email) however if you don’t want to give them your email and don’t care about keeping your account you can use 10 minute mail

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin

link to 10 minuet mail

https://10minutemail.com/

Folith-Feolin
                  @folith-feolin

I’m Ravenclaw and I also enjoy Harry Potter my sister and Mom just finished reading it for the first time and thought it was great to I generally reread the series once a year so… that puts me at reading it a total of 5 times (I do it as a challenge to see how fast I can read it and if I can break my previous record last time it was about 3 days of non-stop reading)

Otherworldly Historian
                    @otherworldlyhistorian
                      • Total Posts: 215

@esther-c

I also liked the HP books. My sister just finished them so it was fun to be able to bond with her over that. I feel that some people have misconceptions about it but I feel the series is great (though the later books are closer to being low YA so I don’t really feel the whole 3rd grade harry potter vibe is super great.)

Also in terms of houses I am a ravenclaw.

(you can take a personality quiz on JK Rowlings site)

Through darkness,
                      light shines brightest

LoopyLin
                      @loopylin
                        • Total Posts: 2011

I grew up listening to hp on audiobook. I love it. It’s not the most amazing book series ever, but it’s still good. I think a lot of Christians have very strong opinions about it even if they haven’t read it, mostly because of Rowling’s misuse of the word “whitchcraft”.

Also, I’m a Ravenclaw.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Folith-Feolin
                        @folith-feolin

@loopylin

I can definitely agree with that

Folith-Feolin
                          @folith-feolin

@esther-c
                            Rowling and some others made an official house sorting quiz which can be found at

https://www.wizardingworld.com/

and then click on house sorting at the top you have to make a free account to do it (basically give them your email) however if you don’t want to give them your email and don’t care about keeping your account you can use 10 minuet mail

https://10minutemail.com/

would work

Esther
                            @esther-c

@folith-feolin

Okay, thx!

@otherworldlyhistorian

I definitely don’t think hp is for 3rd graders. I never knew people thought of it that way.

My sister just finished them so it was fun to be able to bond with her over that.

That’s awesome!

@loopylin

I agree. I don’t believe that what she calls witchcraft is what God speaks against in the Bible. But others may have different opinions, and that’s totally fine. 😊

E. M. Trepke
                              @e-m-trepke
                                • Total Posts: 145

Hullo everyone. I read Harry Potter many moons ago and enjoyed it at the time. But I reread it and realised that while what Rowling called witchcraft may not be an accurate term for the true problem of witchcraft, it can cause a misconception in children and make them believe that witchcraft is “good”, when it is actually a great blight of evil. This is coming from someone living in one of the darkest places in the world.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
                                -The Doctor

Esther
                                @esther-c

@e-m-trepke

Really interesting opinion!

I think I can agree with you on that. Except that I think Harry Potter is young adult fiction/fantasy. In my mind, YA is like (11)12-18. (I may be wrong on the actually definition) At that point, I feel that young adults will be able to make up their own minds and not be so easily convinced of things. (Even though that is probably the age in which we establish our worldview.) And I know that we all grow up in different environments/family situations and receive different teaching on the subject, so what I think may not apply to everyone.

Just my thoughts.

Great point nonetheless! 🙂

I still think the complex storyline was great. Except for Voldemort. I still don’t understand his want that made him evil. I guess he wanted to powerful?? What do you guys think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >