Hallo! *waves*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hallo! *waves*

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Faith Q.
    @faith-q
      • Total Posts: 106

Whoops, I am so sorry! @Lydia-S, the first question was for you. @kathleenarmm, the rest was for you. I got a little mixed up, and I started looking at the wrong message after the first paragraph! *bows repeatedly quoting ‘many apologies’*

Faith Q.
      @faith-q

To @Lydia-S,

Okay, this is the real message to you. 🙂

Again, that’s neat. What school do you go to?

My all-time favorite book character might be Jo March because I feel like I can deeply relate to her. (Actually, my older sister feels like she can deeply relate to Meg, as well. We’re two peas in a pod, aren’t we?)

My top three authors? Hmm. Just three. This could be difficult. I’d say maybe Andrew Peterson, Randy Alcorn, and Jennifer Neilson, off the top of my head. (The last is a recent but already well-loved favorite.) What are your top three favorite books?

To put it simply, Emeric Dertok was a highly respected prophet of God… until a devastating accident turned him away from the faith. Fifteen years later, he and his wife are virtual hermits, caring for no one and having no responsibilities. Then a boy, Cade, comes to them through a miracle and… well, I’ll leave it at that. But the ending’s gonna be good 🙂 I’m not even 10,000 words into it yet, so I still have a long way to go, but I’m enjoying it. What’s your WIP?

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@faith-q

Np! 😀

I’m homeschooled, actually! Are you?

Oh, the March girls! I love them too. I feel like I’m a mix of Meg, Jo, and Beth. Not sure if there’s any Amy in me. I’m not a sculptor or painter or anything. 😛

Andrew Peterson! He’s awesome. I have yet to finish The Wingfeather Saga, but I can at least say, “ARTHRAM FOREVER!”

Okay, I didn’t just do that…

Anyway, my top three books? Hmmm… Let’s see here… Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott, Catching Moondrops by Jennifer Erin Valent, and… I’m not sure about the last one. I’ll likely decide right after posting this message. *facepalm* 😛

Ohhh, that sounds really good! And that’s a great start. 😀 As for my WIP, I actually have four main ones right now and after finishing one of my current ones, I’ll be starting the research for another. My main WIP is complicated, so I have problems summarizing it. I’ll try my best though…

Duxus Aledrick lives a pretty average life. He is the son of the Noctisian chief. He has a younger sister, who doubles as his mother. He has friends and enemies among the other young people of his village. Nothing in his life is strange or out of place. But that all changes in one night, and normality becomes a thing of the past.

That kind of summarizes the beginning of the novel. The rest of it includes traitors, war, dragons, sickness, and acriters (snakes with an ominous ability). 🙂

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@faith-q

Hi Faith! Sorry, I’m so late in welcoming you to Kingdom Pen, but Welcome!! 😀 *High fives for homeschoolers and chocolate!* Wow, seven siblings? Never really a chance to get bored then huh? I have two, and I never really get the chance, (boredom has strangely become a privilege of sorts for me XD ). But I think that that is spectacular how you love learning languages and poetry! Ooh, what’s your favorite type of poetry to write? Favorite setting to write in? Favorite character type? Sorry for so many questions XD

Anyway, welcome and it’s amazing to have you here at KP!! 😀 😀

Faith Q.
            @faith-q

@abigail-m,

Yes, boredom is definitely a privilege. Sounds weird, I know, but it’s true… how old are your siblings? *high fives back* 🙂 I don’t really know what kinds of poetry there are. Umm… poetry that rhymes? 😛 I don’t usually write free-form poetry. Life must have structure!!!!!!!!! *clears throat and straightens dress* Well, anyway. 🙂

Favorite setting to write in… whatever setting I’m writing in at the moment. Right now I’m writing a short story in the real world and a novelette/novella/novel (I’m not sure yet) in a fantasy world. I’m loving both of them, which brings me to the conclusion that the characters and plot, not the setting, makes a story fun to right. Thanks for the question. I had that revelation just now as I was writing that comment, and it was all due to you 🙂

Favorite character type… to write or read? I enjoy writing the timid, fearful ones that find strength and boldness later, but I prefer reading defiant, saucy, and mischievous ones. But then again, I like most MC’s so who can say…

Great questions, by the way. What would you say is your favorite type of character, setting and type of poetry? (I know. My return questions are so original. Sorry.) And thanks for the welcome! I feel honored 🙂

Faith Q.
              @faith-q

@lydia-s,

Yup, I’m definitely homeschooled and I wouldn’t change it for the world!

Yes! Or even better, PODO HELMER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, I wanna hear more about the acriters…. 🙂

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@faith-q I can do the alphabet in ASL as well, since it’s very occasionally used over here, but that’s about it! And ASL people sign so fast! Auslan is much slower than ASL is 😀 I also very much relate to your feelings on sign language. I adore it as well! I recently spent a whole weekend at a “voice off” event and it was blissful, I loved it and it really cemented my desire to become fluent in Auslan.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Lydia S.
                  @lydia-s
                    • Total Posts: 399

@faith-q

Same here! Homeschooling is the best. 😀

Oh, I LOVE Podo!!! XD

Aww, thx! I’m so glad they’re intriguing. 😀 Basically, acriters are snakes with the ability to breathe death. They get their muzzles next to their victim’s nose/mouth and exhale. The victim inhales the snake’s breath and subsequently falls into a fever and coma in which they relive the worst moments of their lives. A week after the snake’s attack, the victim dies. Acriters also have lethal venom which they can either spit or inject into their victim by the traditional method of biting them. They’re long, black, have protruding fangs and a horn on the tip of their noses, glittering dark eyes, and they enjoy doing what they do, so much so that they smile.

Yeah. That’s an acriter.

Creepy (I actually scared myself when I first thought them up… *facepalm*) and malevolent, they’re the secret weapon of my traitor. But the good guys have their weapons too… 😉

Kads
                    @scripter-of-kingdoms
                      • Total Posts: 765

@faith-q Hey! What’s up? 😀 I’m Grace! (You may be wondering about my profile name XD… it’s short for Kadotake, one of my aliases. My friends here nicknamed me Kads tho 😛 )

First of all, I love your name! I think the name Faith is beautiful! 🙂

Wow, that’s a lot of languages! I am also highly interested in linguistics, and am currently learning French, Japanese, and Korean! 😀

A few questions for ya:

1. Is avocado a fruit?

2. If your above answer was yes, then is guacamole a smoothie?

3. Who’s your fave fictional character?

4. Petition to bring back Middle English (all of the thee, thou, thy stuff) – yes or no?

A little bit about myself + my writing life in case you’re curious!

I’ve got about 9 WIPs on the go currently – seven of which all in one high-fantasy series, and two Eastern urban fantasies (one is set in Shanghai and the other Tokyo), which I’m doing under a different pen name. 🙂 I’m a weeb and a koreaboo (google these terms XD) and am a huuuuuuge Eastern culture nut, to put things succinctly. LOL!

Looking forwards to getting to know you more!

staring at the fields
                      if nothing's really real
                      i'll make the winter now my home

Faith Q.
                      @faith-q

Hi, @scripter-of-kingdoms! *clears throat*… do I have permission to call you Kads?

I have to say… I agree! I love my name (and I’m not biased, of course!) 🙂 And Grace is beautiful too! Seriously, I’m not just saying that. I love the name Grace.

Oh, interesting! Is it difficult learning Japanese and Korean at once? How similar are they?

I’d say that, while an avocado is most likely a fruit from the technical side of it, it seems to me to have more nut characteristics… but to be honest, I’ve never thought about it before 🙂

No. Guacamole is absolutely not a smoothie. Probably not. Not. Well, maybe…

Ooh, tough question. Can I pick every fictional character I’ve ever read about? Or one of my own? (If so, Cade for sure.) Maybe Achan from Jill Williamson’s… The Blood of Kings? or Jean Valjean from Les Misérables. Or Artham/Oskar/Janner from The Wingfeather Saga. Or… 🙂 What about you? What are some of your favorite books/authors?

Yes if the change was immediate. Meanings were clearer and they were much more guarded in their words, especially around women and children (from what I’ve read), which is a bonus. Also, it’s better for the brain. Who wouldn’t want the quality of language to increase over time rather than decrease?

What spurs on your love of Eastern culture/language? That’s so interesting! What are three facts you’ve been just dying to tell someone about that culture/language?

Same here!

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms
                          • Total Posts: 765

@faith-q Haha, ofc you do! 😉

Awww, thank you! I’ve also been trying to get people to call me “Grey” for a long while but nobody did. So I made my new pen name Grey S. Park. (It sounds like Grace if you say grey + s real fast, too. XD)

Korean is definitely wayyyy easier than Japanese. The alphabet is much, much more simple. XD But at the same time, I was like, “welp. lines and circles make noises now.” LOL!

Hmm, interesting. It is, to clarify, not really a fruit or a nut! It’s in a subclass called “drupes”! XD

Are you…. sure…? 😏

LOL! Yeah I’d say your own charries count. Ugh, my fave charrie ever is my boy Yeong Seo-jun (he’s a Korean criminal) and he’s an arrogant jerk. Ughhhh, I love his character type waaaay more than I should. XD

True, true! The reason I asked is bc I’ve been reading Robin Hood by Howard Pyle with my mom. Have you ever read it? If not, I recommend!

Ahh, I’m absolutely engrossed in the aesthetic of Korea and Japan. I like anime, and I looove Korean pop music. (Ever heard of BTS before?)

Three facts… hmm. How about these:

1. Hangeul (written Korean) is considered to be one of the easiest alphabets in the world!

2. There are 3 alphabets in Japanese – hiragana (paired with kanji to make words/sentences), katakana (used for foreign words/names), and kanji (the pictorial words, which form the sentences when paired with hiragana).

3. Korean pop music was actually made most popular in North America by the band BTS! I totally love their music, haha. 🙂

Yeah, I hope that was interesting XD

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real
                          i'll make the winter now my home

Abigail.M.
                          @abigail-m
                            • Total Posts: 1242

@faith-q

Yes, it most certainly is:) They are fifteen and twelve and are still can be troublesome to look after sometimes XD
                            Ooh, those are great settings to write in! And hey, that’s AMAZING!!! 😀 I’m incredibly glad that I was able to help:D
                            Hmm, I usually don’t get return questions, so this’ll be fun! I got to say my favorite character archetype is the Warrior or the strong, quiet, and prow characters that is. But I also love inventor-like characters and characters who work around horses. My favorite setting is anything winter; whiteout, frozen lake, winter woods, anything with snow, and ice really. And as for poetry, I got to agree that my favorite is the stuff the rhymes and has structure and great subtext, (Robert Frost is a personal favorite for rhyme and structure). But that’s just a personal preference and I adore most all poetry, everything from Shakespeare to the modern journals:)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >