Hallo! *waves*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hallo! *waves*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Faith Q.
    @faith-q
      • Total Posts: 106

Hiya! I’m Faith, and I just joined… (hope I did it right…)

I’m a 16-year-old homeschooler. I have 7 siblings and counting. I am a great lover of ellipses (the grammatical, not mathematical kind. I am not a lover of mathematical anything.) I love chocolate (and my birthday is April 4th, in case you’re wondering). 🙂 I adore languages, and right now in my free time I’m learning American Sign Language (ASL), Koine Greek, and a bit of German on the side… when I get around to it. 🙂 I also enjoy writing poems and stories, especially fantasy and historical fiction. I have never finished a novel-length story, so I’m newbie at this, but I believe God has given me a gift of writing (and a huge love of it!) and I want to use it for His glory. Oh, and I live in MN. Not the most popular state on the map, but I love it. Thanks for having me!

Jodi Maile
      @jodi-maile
        • Total Posts: 138

@faith-q

Hi Faith! It’s so nice to meet you. Welcome to Kingdom Pen! My name is Jodi and I write fantasy/historical fiction/dystopian stories.

That’s so cool that you’re learning all those different languages! I’ve wanted to learn ASL for the longest time. Which language are you having the most fun learning the most right now?

What are your current top three favorite stories?

Who are your current top three favorite fictional characters?

What’s your favorite era of history to write in?

Welcome again! See you around the forums! 🙂

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@faith-q Hello Faith! I’m one of the KP interns and I write mainly historical and fantasy!

That’s awesome that you’re learning ASL! I’m studying Auslan (which is Australian Sign language) at the moment in the hope of becoming an interpreter!

Also, that’s a lot of siblings! I only have four and that’s more than almost anyone else I know 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1379

@faith-q

Hi, Faith! Welcome to Kingdom Pen – we’re glad to have you join us. I’m JC. 🙂

I don’t like math very much either, but I do love chocolate! What’s your favorite kind of chocolate? I like dark chocolate best.

Yay for languages! It’s awesome you’re learning three! I speak Spanish, and I’m learning Hebrew and Greek.

I’m a fan of poetry and historical fiction, too. 🙂

You have a beautiful outlook on writing! I know God has indeed given you a gift and a love for it. It’s great to meet you.

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@faith-q Hi there! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Linyang, though most folks here just call me Lin. Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

That is a lot of siblings! It must be a fun family!

Those are a lot of languages! I’m currently trying to learn Japanese when I can.

What are some of your favorite books or movies?

What are some of your favorite desserts?

And do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?

Nice to meet you again! Hope to see you around soon!

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

Lydia S.
              @lydia-s
                • Total Posts: 399

@faith-q

Welcome to the KP forum, Faith! I’m Lydia. 😀

Eyyy, we have a surprising amount of things in common, right down to our ages! I’m going to learn ASL this next year in school, and I’m very excited about that. 🙂

Here are a couple of questions for you, if you’d like to answer them:

1) Who is your all-time favorite book character?

2) Who are your top three authors?

3) What is your current WIP about?

Once again, welcome! Can’t wait to get to know you! 😀

Kathleen
                @kathleenramm
                  • Total Posts: 635

@faith-q

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I’m Kathleen and it’s awesome to have you!

Seven siblings! I’m not too far behind with six. Though, at the moment it kinda feels like I only have three since the rest moved out. XD

It’s so cool that your learning three languages! My sister sister is fluent in Korean and Japanese, so she really inspires me to keep persistent with my language learning!

The reason you are writing is beautiful! I’ll be praying that God will guide and encourage you on your writing path!

Again, great to have you and I hope to see you around!

Faith Q.
                  @faith-q

Jodi,

That’s neat! I haven’t read much in the dystopian genre, but I love fantasy and historical fiction.

I don’t really know. Each language is unique and beautiful in it’s own way: in Koine Greek, I can discover the hidden truths in Scripture, in German I’m learning a language I’ve wanted to learn for forever (and that’s fun to listen to), and in ASL… well, it’s just such a beautiful language, it might be my favorite. I love signing worship songs and praising Him in ASL; it feels, as strange as it seems, like ASL is my heart language, even though I just discovered it two years ago! Yeah, probably ASL.

My top three favorite stories (I’ll just say books ’cause some of them are nonfiction): Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi, Words on Fire by Jennifer Neilson, and the Bible (not in that order :))

I don’t know about 3 fictional characters. I really like Jo March from Little Women, though, because I feel like, out of all the characters I’ve ever read about, I relate to her the most: I’m the second oldest, a tomboy, a lover of writing, etc.

My favorite era of history to write in might be WWII. It was so interesting! (Sorry, that sounds super morbid because so much happened. I don’t mean to downplay any of that.)

Faith Q.
                    @faith-q

Seek Justice:

Oh, that’s so neat! I’m learning ASL because I want to be an interpreter, too!

Faith Q.
                      @faith-q

@Joy-Caroline,

Thanks for the welcome! Oh, and in case anyone else is reading this comment, I’m sorry to all of you that I took so long answering.

I like milk chocolate best for sure. But… dark chocolate is good too. Oh, that’s neat! When did you learn Spanish? I’m not very far in my Greek journey, but my uncle is teaching me, and I’m loving it!

Oh, and I love Les Misérables, too! Have you read the book or watched the movie(s)? (Or both)

Faith Q.
                        @faith-q

Lin,

It’s nice to meet you, too! I’m curious; where is the quote at the bottom of your comment from?

Yes, I have a fun family. How many siblings do you have? But it’s a joyful (most of the time) chaos. I wouldn’t trade them for the world!

That’s neat. I’ve heard Japanese can be a very difficult language. Are you enjoying it?

Some of my favorite movies/TV shows: Newsies; The Lord of the Rings; Pride and Prejudice; The Andy Griffith Show; Sue Thomas, FBEye; The Kendrick Brother movies; and Polycarp.

Some of my favorite books: The Count of Monte Cristo; Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus; Safely Home; It’s (Not That) Complicated; Words on Fire; Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories; and I could go on all night 🙂

My favorite desserts: anything sweet (but especially ice cream).

And yes, pineapple most definitely belongs on pizza 🙂

Anonymous

@faith-

Anonymous

@faith-q

For some reason the reply didn’t go all the way through. I’m so sorry if you got extra notifications!

Thank you! I’m half Mexican, so my mom made sure from the start that I would know Spanish. She taught me, and hearing it spoken by my relatives increased my ability. I speak and understand quite well, but if you talk too fast, you’ll lose me. XD I still study occasionally to sharpen my Spanish, since I don’t speak it nearly as often as English.

That’s so neat your uncle is teaching you Greek!

Another Les Mis fan! High-fives! Oh my goodness, I’ve reread the book over and over and over and over and over… you get the picture. XD And I love the musical so, so, so much as well – although the book is always better than the movie/musical in any case. I’m literally listening to the musical right now as I type this. XD

Jodi Maile
                              @jodi-maile
                                • Total Posts: 138

@faith-q

That’s so cool that you love ASL so much. I love Jo March too, and I loved the 2019 Little Women movie! Have you watched that version of the story?

The World War II era is so interesting! There are a lot of possibilities for writing in that era, which is what makes it such a popular historical fiction setting I suppose.

Welcome again! 🙂

Faith Q.
                                @faith-q

@Lydia-s,

That’s neat. What school do you go to?

Wow; Korean and Japanese?!! That’s amazing! How did she get around to learning those? What languages are you planning on learning?

Thank you so much for that! I could really use the prayer 🙂 Is there something I can be praying for you about?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >