Greetings friends!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Greetings friends!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Queen_of_Alvastia
    @queen_of_alvastia
      • Total Posts: 612

@freedomwriter76 *pops in* (and the Medic is my fav XD šŸ„°šŸ˜‰šŸ˜­) *disappears again*

šŸ„°#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquadšŸ„°

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@queen_of_alvastia. Wellā€¦mine too. šŸ„°šŸ˜­šŸ’–

Queen_of_Alvastia
        @queen_of_alvastia
          • Total Posts: 612

@freedomwriter76 Would it be fair to just to him down as the overall fav?Ā no Iā€™m not biased at all XD

šŸ„°#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquadšŸ„°

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. Hmmmā€¦maybe? XDĀ Noā€¦totally notā€¦not you!

Saraina
            @saraina
              • Total Posts: 25

@freedomwriter76 WOW. Iā€™m not bored in the least!!! Those WIPs sound SOOOO cool and ahhh, I hope to read them one day!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ How far along are you in the writing process for them?

~kindling hope through stories~

Anonymous

@saraina. Girlā€¦THANK YOU SOOO, SO MUCH!!!! šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ˜­ Heheā€¦not far at all. šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m stuck andā€¦uhmā€¦Iā€™m a horrid procrastinator. šŸ˜… I love the stories, but starting them is always hard for meā€¦heh. šŸ˜…

Anatra
                @anatra23
                  • Total Posts: 211

@rose-everdeen

Oh epic, I love RA too!! Whoā€™s your favorite character and what was your favorite book?

YEs! Itā€™s amazing!! Goodness, favorite characters.

It has been a little while since Iā€™ve read them all, but I really used to like Alyss. From what I remember, though, her character kinda fell flat like, just over halfway through the series, so I wanna say Halt or Tugā€“a character around those lines.
                  Iā€™ve only read through the first twelve books, the prequel series, and ~most~ of the Royal Ranger books. I have not read the Brotherband Chronicles, but Iā€™ve been told theyā€™re very good. I will stand by all of these books (but for Erakā€™s ransom, perhaps) are necessary to the series. Excessive in number, but I love them XD

My favorite book is for sure Haltā€™s Peril, but I also love the Burning Bridge. (itā€™s been almost three years since I last read the Burning Bridge, but I still have dreams about Evelyn and Will trapped in Skandia ;-;) Haltā€™s peril is so heart wrenchingly saaaaddd D: but I liked how the book was developed and the *oh* *drama* was beautiful!Ā Both books were the kind that youā€™d read in two days, with hardly a break for food, and never get exhausted.

The Royal Ranger series kind of dropped off, like the first book was good, but it felt like John Flanagan was writing for the money past that point, so the books werenā€™t up to his normal standards, I wanna say. His writing style didnā€™t even feel like his own at most points, I think thatā€™s a little sad, but thatā€™s just my opinion.

How about yours? What were your favorite books and characters? How much have you read?

Ā 

Liorah, my arson princess from GB, would probably like a coffee shop somewhere, playing chess with someone and eating way too many sweets.

XD I love this character.

Ophelia, my feather-headed ballerina from MoS, would love a cute vintage ice cream shop in the middle of a bustling mall or something like that.

Ooo, good answer.

Liorah would love true crime and thrillers! I can imagine her reading under the covers with a flashlight and screaming in self-inflicted fear when her brother opens the door to check if sheā€™s still awake XD

Oh my goodness lol

Ophelia would love romance books, no matter whether theyā€™re good or not XD Especially the light, cute high-school romances. Ophelia is so funny to me because she starts out thinking sheā€™s vaguely in that genre, even though the story is actually a thriller/murder mystery XD It takes her a while to figure that out XD I love characters who seem to be in the wrong genre, theyā€™re so funny to me.

Thatā€™s adorable. I can totally see her crushing on other characters XD

Oh I love toast, who doesnā€™t! Hmmā€¦ Strawberry jam and butter is always the best! But I have a personal deep love of Nutella on toast XD

*sighs* yyeeesss.Ā Nuetella is so delicious oh my goodness.

Hmmā€¦ Only if theyā€™re striped XD

Iā€™ll have to check if thatā€™ll match my carpetā€¦ XD

I love your art! Thatā€™s amazing! I donā€™t think I could attempt digital. What art software do you use?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Anatra.
                  Anatra
                  @anatra23
                    • Total Posts: 211

@freedomwriter76

Aww, no, your book synopsis-es are poetry šŸ˜€

Saraina
                    @saraina

Girlā€¦THANK YOU SOOO, SO MUCH!!!! šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ˜­ Heheā€¦not far at all. šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m stuck andā€¦uhmā€¦Iā€™m a horrid procrastinator. šŸ˜… I love the stories, but starting them is always hard for meā€¦heh. šŸ˜…[/quote]

@freedomwriter76 YOUā€™RE WELCOME!!!! <333 Augh Iā€™m such a procrastinator too!! Only today I just got a few words typed in, then I got distracted reading earlier scenes lol. XDD *sighs* Iā€™m cheering you on, though!! šŸ˜‰
                      <3

Rose Everdeen
                      @rose-everdeen
                        • Total Posts: 49

@queen_of_alvastia

Ha ha yup!! I just hope that doesnā€™t make me rush the ending too much XD IT IS!! *happy squeal*

Donā€™t worry about it! If itā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned is that sometimes you have to make peace with rushing your first draft XD

Itā€™s called the #ProtectionSquad (and yeah, itā€™s on a lot of our tags XD) Basically, we promise to protect our own and other peopleā€™s charries when they are in danger. (Sometimes we kidnap them *glares at Freedom* and hide them in rented castles ā€“ which we also use to throw any villains into dungeons.) Oh yeah, and if you join, you get to wear sunglasses šŸ˜Ž

LOlll thatā€™s too fun!! Honestly, I feel like my characters are in danger of kidnapping. *glances over all the stuff that Iā€™ve done to them*

Also thanks for the explanation, I was confused XD

Rose Everdeen
                        @rose-everdeen

@microphage6032

My comic books are about my favorite human body system, THE IMMUNE SYSTEM! There are three main white blood cells who are much different than all the others (someone is to blameā€¦) and they are the only ones who can stop that someone.

Oh my gosh thatā€™s too cool! Thatā€™s such an awesome idea!!

I have so many comic ideas but Iā€™m still working on book 2 (>_<)! Just for the record, Iā€™m planning on making at least 10 different comics! Soā€¦ yeahā€¦ Iā€™m gonna be busy for a whileā€¦

Loll having too many ideas is in a writerā€™s job description XD

Rose Everdeen
                          @rose-everdeen

@freedomwriter76

*Excitedly interrupts*

YOUR PROJECTS SOUND SO COOL!!!! Also, you have a Messianic character!!! Thatā€™s the best thing ever!! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve e v e r seen one in fiction, especially that period! Thatā€™s too awesome, Iā€™m begging you to let me read it one day!

Rose Everdeen
                            @rose-everdeen

@anatra23

It has been a little while since Iā€™ve read them all, but I really used to like Alyss. From what I remember, though, her character kinda fell flat like, just over halfway through the series, so I wanna say Halt or Tugā€“a character around those lines.

Oh YES Alyss was so sorely neglected, she deserved SO much better!! Honestly, most of the female characters had so much more potential imoā€¦

And yes Halt and Tug are like objectively the best characters XD

Iā€™ve only read through the first twelve books, the prequel series, and ~most~ of the Royal Ranger books. I have not read the Brotherband Chronicles, but Iā€™ve been told theyā€™re very good. I will stand by all of these books (but for Erakā€™s ransom, perhaps) are necessary to the series. Excessive in number, but I love them XD

Oh awesome, Iā€™ve read all those too! *high fives* Ahaha, Erakā€™s Ransom is my absolute favorite book XD Though, I canā€™t argue with the Haltā€™s Peril choice, thatā€™s a very close second!

Iā€™ve read The Brotherband books too! I haveā€¦ some thoughts on them, but they were definitely fun to read!

Haltā€™s peril is so heart wrenchingly saaaaddd D: but I liked how the book was developed and the *oh* *drama* wasĀ beautiful!Ā Both books were the kind that youā€™d read in two days, with hardly a break for food, and never get exhausted.

Oh YES Haltā€™s Peril was probably the most emotional book in the series, and I love it for that!!!

The Royal Ranger series kind of dropped off, like the first book was good, but it felt like John Flanagan was writing for the money past that point, so the books werenā€™t up to his normal standards, I wanna say. His writing style didnā€™t even feel like his own at most points, I think thatā€™s a little sad, but thatā€™s just my opinion.

Ughhh YESSS!!! I canā€™t agree with you enough. The first book wasā€¦ a choice, but certainly not bad. After that, it all just kept going downhill. I genuinely didnā€™t really enjoy the latter RR books, they barely felt like RA books at all, which is super sad. Same thing happened with Brotherband actually, around the same time, which was sad tooā€¦

XD I love this character.

Girrlll me too XD Sheā€™s my most unhinged protagonist and I love her for that XD A brief, nonexhaustive list of exploits: She has kicked almost every important villain, she has committed arson three separate times, and she once bit the main villain. Iā€¦ donā€™t even have an explanation. Sheā€™s unbelievably fun to write XD

Thatā€™s adorable. I can totally see her crushing on other characters XD

Oh she does, sheā€™s just living her fun little rom-com dream even though people are actively dying XD Itā€™s actually kind of sad when she finally has her moment of realization that this isnā€™t going to have a completely happy ending. Call it a disillusionment arc I suppose. I love throwing the most mismatched, messy protagonists into my stories XD

*sighs*Ā yyeeesss.Ā Nuetella is so delicious oh my goodness.

The only correct answer XD

I love your art! Thatā€™s amazing! I donā€™t think I could attempt digital. What art software do you use?

Thank you so much! And absolutely you can do it! Itā€™s kind a steep learning curve but itā€™s totally worth it!

I use Krita, which is AMAZING and also free! Iā€™ve tried other programs but this is my favorite! I also use a pressure-sensitive drawing tablet with my laptop, itā€™s way cheaper than a display tablet!

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@rose-everdeen

Oohhā€¦ lemme seeā€¦ probably getting to make up stuff and deviate from history and explaining it as ā€˜itā€™s my world and I do what I wantā€™ but being able to fall back on history if I donā€™t feel like making something up XD

Yes!! I love doing this. Itā€™s so handy.

Ā How about you?

Welllllllā€¦. Basically the same. XD I love incorporating history to my heartā€™s content, but not having to worry about being strictly accurate, because if I do write Historical Fiction, I want it to be very accurate. Or at least, no egregious mistakes. (I loath it when an author writes historical fiction through a modern bias. Like, certainĀ  articles of clothing were necessary! Armor was made to move with you. And what happened to proper behavior? Like, itā€™s okay to show the truth, but understand that you wonā€™t get it off Wikipedia. Hello?!)

*Ahem* Pardon the outburst, please. šŸ˜‰

Of course! Let me rummage around in my files and find one I like!

Oh! I like it. Their faces are equisitly done, and the proportions are beautiful! I struggle with proportions, but they really make or break a picture. You are very talented!

And yeah, itā€™s dramatic, but drama is fun to draw. And I love symbolism in pictures.

The lighting looks very natural. Sometimes it seems like the best parts are the hardest ones.

Hmmā€¦ my favorite thingā€¦ probably being able to work with layers and adjust the opacity and delete stuff while leaving the rest intact! Also having access to every color you can imagine and so many kinds of brushes and effects!

That would be nice! (Paper doesnā€™t always erase very well. šŸ˜¬) Different effects and layers would be fun to work with.

Oh yesss itā€™s SO frustrating! I have some for many of the characters, but not for Liorah or her brotherā€¦ So I just draw them instead XD

Exactly!

And the searches get rather unique. XD

Awww, that sounds so adorable!! Iā€™d love to see them when theyā€™re finished!

Then Iā€™ll share them! I really hope they turn out, whenever I get to do them. Iā€™m a little scared they wonā€™t. *Rueful laugh*

Oh thatā€™s epic! I love the Late Middle ages, so the period right before the renaissance! I find all of it interesting though

The high ages and later ones can be such fun! As one of my WIPs makes blatantly obvious, I have a weakness for knights and castles. XD

It is all interesting! (Especially the little customs and traditions. And clothing, of course. Where would we be without the kirtle and gown?)

Loll, my interest in martial history is limited to the middle ages, beyond that I still like it, but more fashion history and everyday life! Fashion history is one of those things I could rant about for sooo long XD

Mine too, for the most part, although it does like to wander into more ancient times or maybe spend an afternoon in WWI. šŸ˜‰ But everyday life is most fascinating. Like I said, I love researching traditions.

And speaking of fashion historyā€¦

I could definitely rant. I love it, although my interest follows that if my historical interest).

Have you ever sewn a reproduction/period outfit? My sisters and I are working on some American Civil War era outfits, starting with the base layers. (Weā€™ve reached the petticoats by now and are trying to determine what fabrics we will want to get for the dresses themselves.) After this, I want to make a kirtle, mantle, and apron dress, but weā€™ll see! (I am a bit ambitious.)

Oh thatā€™s super cool! I do the same XD My characters are far more skilled with their weapons than I am XD

Of course they are, their lives depend on it! Or so I tell my MCs via a side character. šŸ˜‰

Our poor characters, but itā€™s all for the best!

Oh my thatā€™s so epic! I love The Scarlet Pimpernel, and it sounds so fun to make them mongooses

It was a lot of fun. I think the villains were snakes, weasels, and stoats. XD

Oh, no youā€™re good! I really enjoy hearing it!

Good! *Is relieved* See you around!

Wait just a momentā€¦.Ā You like The Rangerā€™s Apprentice?!

MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS PROBABLY WILL OR HALT! Oh! Or GILLAIN, ORā€¦ Although, Iā€™ve only read through till The Battle for Skandia,Ā so I havenā€™t met a ton of characters.

But my twin sister and I have created a sort of fanfiction that combined Araluen Rangers and Middle Earth Rangers (but not Skreein Rangers, lol.) We called itĀ The Rangerā€™s Last Apprentice.Ā 

Anyway, Iā€™d better be off!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Saraina
                                @saraina

@rose-everdeen

Oh thatā€™s so awesome! I once had a story idea about a seamstress in a fantasy as well, it sounds so fun to write! And itā€™s really cool that you decided to set it after WWII instead of in it, thatā€™s a really interesting choice! What are your main characters like?[/quote]

Ahh, you did?!! Thatā€™s so cool!! (Lol, Iā€™m just realizing now that I actually have a fantasy WIP which has a subplot about a seamstress girl too! Apparently I like that idea. *laughs*) Thank you!!! šŸ˜€Ā  Ooo, the main characters. Well, Gillory is the heroine, and sheā€™s an ISFP, Enneagram 3. (Sheā€™s 21 and the oldest of five kids.) Sheā€™s very ambitious and wants to be the best she can be as a seamstress and as a pianist, which translates into her being very *coughs* overly image-conscious, aware of how sheā€™s coming across to the public, and looking for othersā€™ approval. Basically, thinking she can earn love through her accomplishments. But she also has this more hidden side of her that just loves the simple things of life, like the smell of roses and rainbows after a storm.

When Ean (the hero šŸ˜‰ ) first meets Gillory, he sees that more suppressed side of her, and is intrigued by it. Heā€™s an ESTJ, Enneagram 8, and grew up an orphan. He has very direct (yet friendly) and assertive personality, but heā€™s very private about his personal life. He and his friend Warren fought in WWII and when he lost Warren in a tragic turn of events near the end of the war, Ean returned to England, never the same. He found work at a hotel and ā€œtriedā€ to put the past behind him, but guilt over his friendā€™s death has turned his life into a spiral of general self-hatred and even though heā€™s a Christian, he doesnā€™t understand why God wouldā€™ve let that happen.

The other prominent characters include Gilloryā€™s family (especially her sister Laura and her parents), a guy named Karl, and Joseph, Eanā€™s friend. Lol, several new characters are beginning to worm their way into the story, so I may yet end up with more surprise characters. XDD

Hope that didnā€™t bore you, hahaha! But it was so nice to rant a bit about my charries! šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‚ It kinda puts the whole story into perspective. Do you have a favorite original character?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >