Greetings friends!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings friends!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Pidyon
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1014

@rose-everdeen

Hi Elishavet! I love your name! And yay, we write the same genre!

Awww, thank you! I love it to. 😉 And, yes we do! What’s your favorite thing about writing this particular genre?

Oh awesome! I love reading trilogies, and it’s proved to be fun to write too! Writing series just gives you that extra room to explore some more things!

Yes, series are the best. They definitely do give one a lot more room to explore.

My second WIP may end up as a trilogy…or a long book with several”books” within it. XD we’ll see.

Awesome! I’d love to see some of your art if you feel like sharing it! I use a little of everything, but Digital art is my favorite! I’m trying to work more on traditional art though!

Of course I’ll share! I’ll have to get some good pictures though. For right now, my profile picture is a decent-ish example, but the photo quality is terrible, so you really can’t see any detail. XD) I did have a picture somewhere around here that I drew of someone else’s character, a fox named Nyx, that I am admittedly proud of. *Sigh* Which may not be a good thing.

Ah, digital art would be fascinating. I’ve never tried it, but I would love to see any of yours you want to share (like, really. I’d be thrilled.). Traditional art is fun. One of my favorite things about it is working with the texture of the paper, what’s yours about digital art?

Oh same! It’s so hard to find pictures that are just right! I still haven’t found anyone who resembles my MC in GB and I’ve just about given up. *deep sigh*

Yes! If I have any face claim for my male protagonists, it’s when they’re around seven years old. *Groans* The girls are a little better.

But, to make up for that I draw her all the time! (Actually it’s been too long since I drew her, it’s been months!)

Haha, I get that. I haven’t been able to sit down and draw since some time in July.

I do really want to draw an MC of mine, Viktor, as well as two pictures from my WIPs that just melt my heart when I think of them. (Something about a father holding his little baby… It’s just so sweet. ❤️)

By the way, which Medieval century(s) are your favorite? I like the early centuries, mostly 900s-1200, so a bit of mix of the dark/ancient ages and right before the high ages.

My interest dies with the advent of the gun, only to resurrect with the American Revolution and the Great Awakening. (It gains a chronic disease though, and is waning badly in the Cold War. After that, I prefer church history over political.)

That’s so cool! I love archery too, it looks so fun and challenging!

Yes! Archery is sooo interesting. My twin sister has a Turkish horse bow and we try to practice at least once in a blue moon.

But where I am deficient in reality, I make up for in my stories. One of my favorite characters in my second WIP is highly skilled with the longbow, so I am satisfied thus far. 😉

Oh those are so pretty! Those colors sound like they look so pretty together too!

Thank you! I don’t know how well my writing flows together, but if the colors do it’s a good sign, right? *Winks*

GB is shimmering gold, poppy red, sky blue, and streaks of bright aquamarine!

MoS is dark forest green, misty gray, chocolate brown, with streaks of ballet-slipper pink and blood red veins!

Hmmm, those work together beautifully as well – and a little forebodingly.

By the way, my siblings and I once had an idea for a story called the Gilded Shadow. It was a sort of retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel, but with a slightly different plot and vastly different characters. They were mongooses for one.

And anyway, I’ve talked a lot. XD I have a problem with that.

It’s been great meeting you!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Rose Everdeen
      @rose-everdeen
        • Total Posts: 49

@freedomwriter76

YES! *high-fives back* Aww, thank you! But just know this…when I get started on Marvel, it takes a lot to get me to stop. 😂

Loll don’t worry I’m like that with a LOT of topics XD

(Aww, you’re fine girl! I used to not be a fan of Marvel until I finally watched Captain America, and then I was hooked. 🤣)

Oh awesome! I think part of the reason I haven’t started is that it’s just… so big and overwhelming XD And apparently some of the movies aren’t as good as the rest but you need to watch them to get to the others and it’s a bit bewildering for an outsider XD

OOH, great question! Most of what I listen to is Contemporary Christian, quite a bit of Christian Rock (meaning Skillet, LEDGER, and Switchfoot, lol.) and here recently I’ve been listening to music from the 1940s to get a feel for my books! Which is actually some epic music, btw. 👌🤩 What about you?

Ohhh epic!! I love Switchfoot and Skillet! I don’t listen to their music regularly but I know a couple songs I really love! I listen to a lot of Christian music too, do you know For King and Country or Urban Rescue?

Oh yes, music from that time period is the BEST!

I listen to… honestly a wide variety XD I like the most stereotypical teenage-girl music (Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish etc) and honestly, nobody can stop me from enjoying it XD I listen to a ton of different things though, I like pretty much anything!

YESSS!!!! *high-five for Historical-Fiction* Most of what I read is Historical Fiction, or, here recently, Historical Romance, hehe. 😅 I used to LOVE Nancy Drew, but I grew out of that. 😆 Fantasy is never my go-to, but fantasy without magic…I’d love to see more of that.

Oh cool!! I haven’t read a whole lot of Historical Romance! LOL, Nancy Drew was the best XD

Oh definitely, so much fantasy has icky stuff in it, it’s so hard to find good books there, which is why I don’t read as much of it as I’d like.

Hot Chocolate…good choice! 😁 But being down South, it’s rarely ever cold enough for that. 😂 I have never drunken coffee before though, so I can’t say much about it, lol.

LOL, I live in the Northern part of Europe, so it’s unpleasantly cold here for like eight months of the year XD

Girl…I LOVE those names!!!! 😍😍😍 So much fun and uniqueness! 🤩🤩🤩

Oh thank you so much! I like them too, the vibes are right XD Honestly that goes for all the MoS names, they’re just so delightful. “Frey Spurling”, “Ophelia Schwann” and “Yonita Amavasya” are definitely some of the best names I’ve ever come up with!

It does! 😂😂😂 Haha, good to know I’m not the only one that hasn’t watched a lot because it gets weird…😆 Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that! What’s Haikyuu about?

Oh goodness, this is one of those subjects that I could just endlessly fangirl about XD It’s a sports anime about a boys’ volleyball club, to explain it very badly XD More specifically, it’s about the friendship between a short, energetic, and unskillful spiker called Hinata (our MC) and the intimidating genius setter, Kageyama. They start out as rivals and then end up on the same team, having to cooperate.

I started it not knowing the first thing about volleyball and only starting it because two friends endlessly begged and persuaded me, but I got extremely attached to it very quickly XD

The characters are incredible, not just the two MC’s, but every single character on the team, and almost every single character on rival teams are beautifully worked out and extremely loveable. You always find yourself rooting for both teams, and whichever loses is going to be devastating. It did such a good job of putting up high emotional stakes that it’s incredibly exciting.

The character arcs are absolutely excellent and never rushed or disappointing. Even very minor, barely named characters get a little depth.

Besides that, there’s SO much thematic and symbolic material. In many cases, each team has a theme they represent, so it ends up being a battle between two thematic ideas besides just the actual match. Also each team has an animal mascot and it’s so fun how they use that symbolism.

Besides that, there’s very little in the way of content, and all it’s just all-around awesome and wholesome.

Besides all that deep symbolic stuff it’s also just hilariously funny, mostly because of all the clashing characters XD

Also, it actually completely finished. The anime is just four seasons, and there are still quite a few volumes in the manga, but the story just keeps getting better toward the end.

Okay, okay, I’m done now XD This is one of the things I get incredibly excited about.

takes place from early 1944-early 1946. Leon is thrown into a Concentration Camp, and Riker, because he didn’t know about it yet, discovers…The Holocaust. That’s very brief, but hey! 😂 It has many messages: love, mercy, guilt, grace, grief, hope, loss, hatred…that’s not even all of them…but the main message is Forgiveness. God’s forgiveness, forgiving others, and, as it is SOOO often overlooked…the importance of forgiving ourselves. Leon struggles with hatred against the Nazi’s and Riker specifically, and Riker struggles with guilt and forgiving himself for the mistakes he made.

Oh that’s amazing! That sounds like an incredible story, and I love what you did with the thematic stuff!! It sounds super interesting!

Woo! That was long. 😅 But what writer doesn’t like talking about their books!?

Lolll don’t worry you’re good XD I rant about my stories absolutely all the time and get carried away just as often XD

Rose Everdeen
        @rose-everdeen

@koshka

Hehe, dangerous questions.  Never know when I might stop.

Lol, it’s practically a requirement for being a writer XD

I have six protagonists throughout the books, two per book. But for the first I have Zlatan and Vulkasin, twin wolf brothers. Zlatan is of a quiet, pensive older brother who gets a lot of trouble he didn’t ask for. Vulkasin is cocky, a bit of a rascal, with a grin that can never quite be vanquished. (My characters are all animals in clothing btw.)

The setting for HoG (it changes per book to a different kingdom in this world): Volkovia, the northbound kingdom which stretches from sea to sea. Ice and snow take up all the far north, while the extreme south has places that can get over a hundred degrees in summer. Highly influenced by 9-14th century Slavs, the kingdom is made up of several powerful tribes all under one king…who happens to be the son of a usurper.

That sounds amazing! I love that premise and your main characters sounds so fun!! And I love having changing settings for every book! Also I’m writing a tribal system too! That’s super cool!

And that was probably more than you ever wished for. Apologies.

Oh don’t apologize, I love hearing about other people’s projects!

We have two cats, one of which (Joyce) has claimed my brother, the other of which (Jasper) likes us girls so he’s kinda ours. He’s a bit…moody. If he’s not sleeping then he’s either a wide eyed grump with claws, or a cuddly fluff ball.

Awww, that’s adorable!! I love the names too! He sounds so cute!

Rose Everdeen
          @rose-everdeen

@microphage6032

Hi!!

My personal fanfics are probably greens and blues for my first one and black, red, orange, and green (It’s an idea where there is an alternate universe where Bowser from Super Mario finally takes over the Mushroom Kingdom 0_0)

Oh that’s so cool! That sounds like a super fun idea! Also it’s so awesome you make comics! It’s always been super interesting to me but I’ve never tried it myself! What’s your comic about?

What are the sports anime you watch?

I actually haven’t seen a whole lot, though I have a few lined up that might be fun XD My absolute favorite is Haikyuu! It’s about a boys’ volleyball team and it’s SOOO well written, I love those characters!

Nice to meet you!

Rose Everdeen
            @rose-everdeen

@saraina

Ohhh, that’s awesome!! Haha yes! I think doing it just for fun is a great idea because it takes the pressure off. 😉 (At least mostly, I’d hope XDD)

Oh definitely, I simply never think about the fact that anyone else will ever see it XD

Thank you!!!! Yes!! 😀 My current WIP is about a seamstress who loves piano and an ex-WWII soldier, and it’s set in 1947 London in the autumn. It’s been so much fun to write! I’m still on the first draft but I plan to finish it by this November. Oooo, those are lovely colors! I LOVE how specific that was!!

Oh that’s so awesome! I once had a story idea about a seamstress in a fantasy as well, it sounds so fun to write! And it’s really cool that you decided to set it after WWII instead of in it, that’s a really interesting choice! What are your main characters like?

Rose Everdeen
              @rose-everdeen

@queen_of_alvastia

*starts to brush pink glitter off* *decides it’s more fun to leave it on* YES YOU DID!!! 🥰🥰 Mostly? Ummm should I still be worried?

Don’t worry, she only breathes fire when I tell her to, so you’re safe XD

You’re welcome! *smiles* Thanks! <3 I really really want to get started on KoF but I must finish my WIP – I made myself a deal along the lines of I can start writing KoF if I finish my sequel by the end of this week….

Oh yes sometimes you just have to dangle your next project in front of you like a carrot on a stick XD And it’s so exciting that you’re so close to finishing your sequel!!!

I’m glad you could see those vibes I kind of came up with my WIP ones on the the spot XD

Lol, that’s how it works XD

Rose Everdeen
                @rose-everdeen

@anatra23

Hello Anatra!

Your WIP sounds very interesting, I haven’t read as many paradoxes in a single sentence like that in a while XD

Delightful, my goal has been accomplished! Ah well yes… They really are like that. My characters put me through a lot, though I return the favor. *Sips tea reflectively*

Medieval period books are one of my favorite genres 😀 I really like books like Rangers Apprentice, or Falling Kingdoms

Oh epic, I love RA too!! Who’s your favorite character and what was your favorite book?

Love the question. In general, I think my writing would be a rich brownish ivory color, perhaps with some dark red, and light oranges and yellows. For my WIP, I wanna say all of that, with white and pale teal-ish blue, like sage.

Ooooh that’s too pretty, I love that! I can see that really vividly, I love it!

If your MC had an imaginary eutopia hideaway what would it be like? (I.E. a beach where they could chill alone, a coffee shop filled with enthusiastic ppl, a rainy forest full of little critters etc.)

I will answer both for GB and MoS because I can’t choose XD Epic question btw!

Liorah, my arson princess from GB, would probably like a coffee shop somewhere, playing chess with someone and eating way too many sweets.

Ophelia, my feather-headed ballerina from MoS, would love a cute vintage ice cream shop in the middle of a bustling mall or something like that.

What do you think your MC’s favorite books would be?

Hmmm… I can’t really answer specific books, since I can’t think of perfect ones off the top of my head.

Liorah would love true crime and thrillers! I can imagine her reading under the covers with a flashlight and screaming in self-inflicted fear when her brother opens the door to check if she’s still awake XD

Ophelia would love romance books, no matter whether they’re good or not XD Especially the light, cute high-school romances. Ophelia is so funny to me because she starts out thinking she’s vaguely in that genre, even though the story is actually a thriller/murder mystery XD It takes her a while to figure that out XD I love characters who seem to be in the wrong genre, they’re so funny to me.

What do you put on your toast? (If you like to eat toast :p)

Oh I love toast, who doesn’t! Hmm… Strawberry jam and butter is always the best! But I have a personal deep love of Nutella on toast XD

Do socks belong on chair feet?

Hmm… Only if they’re striped XD

(I really like your name, btw :])

Thank you! I love yours too!

It was so nice to meet you!

Rose Everdeen
                  @rose-everdeen

@starshiness

Hello Starshiness!

WOW your projects sound AMAZING! And so organized… I’m jealous XD

Oh, yes, I’m very organized. *Shoves shut drawers with scattered printed out drafts and jumbled files that my characters might have left their stuff in.* Such organization, much order. XD

Ooo that’s an interesting question, I’d have to say my main WIP, an allegorical novel entitled Raven’s Quest would have to be like a foresty green and/or gold.

Ohhh, that’s an excellent choice! What’s the premise of your story?

Ah, I love medieval history as well!! I’ve wanted to write medieval period fiction before but it’s one of those things I’ve never gotten around to doing… have you written anything in that genre?

Oh that’s so cool! I suppose GB could qualify, it’s set in a period pretty closely inspired by 15th-16th century North Africa! There are some differences, but it draws a lot of inspiration!

It’s so nice to meet you!

Rose Everdeen
                    @rose-everdeen

@mineralizedwritings

(Am I allowed to say welcome, having been here for less time than you? lol)

LOll, of course! Nice to meet you!

I love the title of your story! The whole thing sounds really good.

Thank you! <3

I totally get having your characters yelling opinions/sulking in corners, except mine just stare at the ground awkwardly refusing to do anything.

LOll, they really do that sometimes *distant sobbing* My current MC is rather… proactive. Which basically translates to I’m barely hanging on to her at all times while she rushes in all the wrong directions. She has her ‘lying facedown refusing to do anything’ moments though XD

I do have a few characters who basically just stare me down, refusing to say or do anything. *Deep sigh*

I’ve got way too many hobbies too, most of them art related. What kind of crafts do you do?

Let me see… I sew, I do some embroidery, I know how to knit and crochet but I don’t do that a whole lot anymore! How about you?

May I ask if your dragon is petable? Or… would I get my whole arm bit off if I tried?

Oh, she loves being petted, even if she doesn’t look it XD

Rose Everdeen
                      @rose-everdeen

@elishavet-pidyon

Awww, thank you! I love it to. 😉 And, yes we do! What’s your favorite thing about writing this particular genre?

Oohh… lemme see… probably getting to make up stuff and deviate from history and explaining it as ‘it’s my world and I do what I want’ but being able to fall back on history if I don’t feel like making something up XD How about you?

Yes, series are the best. They definitely do give one a lot more room to explore.

My second WIP may end up as a trilogy…or a long book with several”books” within it. XD we’ll see.

Oh cool! That sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it’ll be so worth it!

Of course, I’ll share! I’ll have to get some good pictures though. For right now, my profile picture is a decent-ish example, but the photo quality is terrible, so you really can’t see any detail. XD) I did have a picture somewhere around here that I drew of someone else’s character, a fox named Nyx, that I am admittedly proud of. *Sigh* Which may not be a good thing.

Oh that’s too epic! It looks super cool! And it’s so awesome when you have art you’re proud of! I have a few pieces I still love a lot!

Ah, digital art would be fascinating. I’ve never tried it, but I would love to see any of yours you want to share (like, really. I’d be thrilled.). Traditional art is fun. One of my favorite things about it is working with the texture of the paper, what’s yours about digital art?

Of course! Let me rummage around in my files and find one I like!

This is a kinda symbolic-ish drawing of two of my characters from Gilded Blood! (LOL, it’s very dramatic XD) The girl is my MC, Liorah, and that’s her brother, Gavril! I had a lot of fun working a lot of symbolism into it! Also, the lighting is something I’m really proud of, even though it was t o u g h to figure out XD

Hmm… my favorite thing… probably being able to work with layers and adjust the opacity and delete stuff while leaving the rest intact! Also having access to every color you can imagine and so many kinds of brushes and effects!

Yes! If I have any face claim for my male protagonists, it’s when they’re around seven years old. *Groans* The girls are a little better.

Oh yesss it’s SO frustrating! I have some for many of the characters, but not for Liorah or her brother… So I just draw them instead XD

I do really want to draw an MC of mine, Viktor, as well as two pictures from my WIPs that just melt my heart when I think of them. (Something about a father holding his little baby… It’s just so sweet. ❤️)

Awww, that sounds so adorable!! I’d love to see them when they’re finished!

By the way, which Medieval century(s) are your favorite? I like the early centuries, mostly 900s-1200, so a bit of mix of the dark/ancient ages and right before the high ages.

Oh that’s epic! I love the Late Middle ages, so the period right before the renaissance! I find all of it interesting though XD

My interest dies with the advent of the gun, only to resurrect with the American Revolution and the Great Awakening. (It gains a chronic disease though, and is waning badly in the Cold War. After that, I prefer church history over political.)

Loll, my interest in martial history is limited to the middle ages, beyond that I still like it, but more fashion history and everyday life! Fashion history is one of those things I could rant about for sooo long XD

Yes! Archery is sooo interesting. My twin sister has a Turkish horse bow and we try to practice at least once in a blue moon.

But where I am deficient in reality, I make up for in my stories. One of my favorite characters in my second WIP is highly skilled with the longbow, so I am satisfied thus far.

Oh that’s super cool! I do the same XD My characters are far more skilled with their weapons than I am XD

Hmmm, those work together beautifully as well – and a little forebodingly.

Ahaha, that’s the goal *Evil grin* I traumatize my characters a little too regularly XD

By the way, my siblings and I once had an idea for a story called the Gilded Shadow. It was a sort of retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel, but with a slightly different plot and vastly different characters. They were mongooses for one.

Oh my gosh that’s so epic! I love The Scarlet Pimpernel, and it sounds so fun to make them mongooses XD

And anyway, I’ve talked a lot. XD I have a problem with that.

Oh, no you’re good! I really enjoy hearing it!

Queen_of_Alvastia
                        @queen_of_alvastia
                          • Total Posts: 612

@rose-everdeen [quote quote=117991]Don’t worry, she only breathes fire when I tell her to, so you’re safe XD[/quote]

*sigh of relief* Thanks!!

[quote quote=117991]Oh yes sometimes you just have to dangle your next project in front of you like a carrot on a stick XD And it’s so exciting that you’re so close to finishing your sequel!!![/quote]

Ha ha yup!! I just hope that doesn’t make me rush the ending too much XD IT IS!! *happy squeal*

[quote quote=117991]Lol, that’s how it works XD[/quote]

I’m a pantster so I just kind of roll with it lol

By the way…..I don’t think anyone has explained an important unofficial aspect of this Kingdom of the Pen….

It’s called the #ProtectionSquad (and yeah, it’s on a lot of our tags XD) Basically, we promise to protect our own and other people’s charries when they are in danger. (Sometimes we kidnap them *glares at Freedom* and hide them in rented castles – which we also use to throw any villains into dungeons.) Oh yeah, and if you join, you get to wear sunglasses 😎

@freedomwriter76

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@queen_of_alvastia. Listen…listen…listen…it was only the one. XD I TRIED to keep Kerwin safe, but alas, my efforts will be in vain. *sniffs and then just sobs*

Queen_of_Alvastia
                            @queen_of_alvastia
                              • Total Posts: 612

@freedomwriter76 Yes I know, and to be fair, I remember I kidnapped one of your charries too so…. Yes they will be…. (MWAHAHAHA) *ahem* *sorry* *cries with you*

*goes and looks at Kerwin’s Pinterest board so I can cry some more*

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Microphage6032
                              @microphage6032
                                • Total Posts: 24

@rose-everdeen

My comic books are about my favorite human body system, THE IMMUNE SYSTEM! There are three main white blood cells who are much different than all the others (someone is to blame…) and they are the only ones who can stop that someone. I have so many comic ideas but I’m still working on book 2 (>_<)! Just for the record, I’m planning on making at least 10 different comics! So… yeah… I’m gonna be busy for a while…

🦠🔬You can never have too many microscopes!🔬🦠

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@saraina.

😀 I love that!!! History is one of my favorite subjects too!!! So, so fascinating. 😀 THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. 🤣 Oh, poor you! That really is annoying. (Does that mean you’re writing a WWII story too??!!! 👀😄) Lol, right now, I’m devouring all the info I can about houses and flats in 1940s London… apparently most people aren’t very interested in that because I have to realllly dig for information. If only us writers could time travel for just a day.

YES!!!! It is soooo fascinating!!!! 😍😍😍 Yes, very, very real. 😂😂😂 I sure am! Multiple, actually. 😝 A trilogy, plus a couple possible others. Let’s see if I can be vague about them so as to not bore you…hm…😂 First, the Trilogy. 😁

Trilogy: War and Redemption

Book 1: Freedom’s Fire

A Jewish Young man…thrown into the Holocaust, suffering loss and

plunging into Hate.

An SS officer who discovers the Holocaust for the first time,

suffering from Guilt and Shame.

A story of love, mercy, guilt, shame, guilt, regret, hatred.

And most of all, a story of forgiveness.

God’s forgiveness. Forgiving others. And Forgiving yourself.

Book 2: Out of Love

An SS officer who turned away from his family and faith,

struggling with questions and doubts.

A Messianic Jewish young woman of Faith,

returning to Germany, only to find that her childhood friend has

joined the SS.

Childhood friends.

One a Christian. The other an Agnostic.

Both will have to learn more about something beautiful…

God’s Love.

Book 3: Allies and Lies

A German RAF pilot crashed in Nazi-Occupied France, struggling with

figuring out who his Identity is found in.

An American Biracial pilot that crashes in Nazi Germany and 

becomes a Prisoner of War, struggling with

guilt.

A Jewish American Infantry Private, fighting on D-Day,

finding the courage inside of him. But he discovers the Holocaust…

And suddenly he’s asking himself,

“How could a good God let this happen?”

An American Paratrooper Chaplain, standing beside his men,

into D-Day and into the Concentration Camps of Germany.

He’s asked many questions…

But he doesn’t have all the answers.

Okay, so…that’s the trilogy. 😂😂😂 And then there’s also this one:

Even as Waters Roar

An American Marine.

A Medic.

A Navy Captain.

All fighting in the Philippines in the battle for Bataan.

A Chaplain strengthens the Captain’s faith and leads the Marine and Medic to Christ.

But when the battle leads to a certain moment…will their faith be enough to strengthen them…

Through the Bataan Death March?

So…yeah! 😁 I hope I didn’t bore you too much! 😉

Ooh, sounds like some fun research!!!! 🤩🤩🤩 Augh, yes, I wish that so hard!!!! Especially because I love History tho…😜

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >