Greetings, Fellow Writers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, Fellow Writers!!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Mary G
    @maryg3
      • Total Posts: 90

Yeah, I can relate to that! Lol!

Wow! That’s SO COOL! I love to hear what inspires people to write; I think your mission is great too! I have the same goal!

Love the Tolkien quote! That’s one of my favorites! I’ve seen many people literally make that decision and walk the other way.

Ooo! That is totally something I’d read! I’d love to hear more about that WIP when you get more into it!

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Lydia S.
      @lydia-s
        • Total Posts: 399

@maryg3

Oh, goodness, I am very late… Welcome to the KP forum, Mary!

Ah, the wonderful C.S. Lewis… I’m a major fan of his as well. Have you read Til We Have Faces? I have yet to read any of his other adult/YA books. I’d love to try is Space Trilogy someday though.

I’m not sure what questions have already been asked (I suppose that is one of the cons to arriving late… *facepalm*), so I’ll just go with my favorite question: who is your all-time favorite book character?

Can’t wait to get to know you better! God bless you.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@maryg3

First of all, I’m sooo sorry I disappeared from our conversation. Things suddenly got crazy busy for me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all this awesome advice !!!! (Not kidding, I legit copied and pasted some of your tips to a Doc. Don’t worry about long messages of advice – I need it and appreciate it. XD)

Again, thanks a bunch !!!

Mary G
          @maryg3

Hi Lydia,

Oh no, you are totally fine!:)

I actually have Till we have Faces sitting in my kindle library right now. I haven’t got around to reading it yet lol! My family was listening to the audiobook of the space trilogy a couple of years back, but we never finished it. 🙁  🤷‍♀️ It was super suspenseful though!! Lol!

Have you read The Great Divorce? It left me thinking about it for days and days afterward!

Oh gosh, umm! Let me think. My favorite book character is Rafael le Marre from the Letzenstein chronicles. At one point I thought he was a real person who had actually lived in the 1840s. Hehe! I know it says it’s for younger children, but frankly I think these books are written for all age groups. I been reading them since I was 13. Don’t judge…;)

Wbu?

Can’t wait to get to know you more! See you around!

God bless!

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Mary G
            @maryg3

Hey Joy,

Oh, no worries! That happens to all of us!:)

You are very welcome! Any time! I’m glad you found it helpful!! (That means a lot to me that you copied and pasted my advice)!☺️

Elfwing
              @elfwing
                • Total Posts: 486

@maryg3

thanks!

yeah, it’s sad when people walk away. It’s something I challenge myself never to do and I pray to God I never will.

yes, I hope to start writing it soon 🙂

Well, I have Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea demanding my attention, so see ya around! 😉 🙂 btw if you haven’t read it I recommend it, it’s a really cool book (and I’m only at chapter 19 of part 1!)

See ya around! 🙂 have a great day!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Mary G
                @maryg3

Same!

I’ve seen the movie, but I’m sure the book is much better! Enjoy your book:)

See you around!

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@maryg3

Of course !!

Lydia S.
                    @lydia-s

@maryg3

Oh, wonderful! Til We Have Faces is super good. Ah, I see. I’ve flipped through the first book virtually, but hopefully, I’ll actually get around to reading them someday. 😉

No, I have no read that one! I’ll have to do that someday, though.

Wow, he sounds extremely well written! (And don’t worry. I’m 16 and I still enjoy flipping through Mo Willem’s picture books… 😛 ) My all-time favorite character is Danek Crevilon from The Trimont Trilogy by Jessica Marinos. I’m not the biggest fan of the story in and of itself, but the author succeeded in creating a character who nearly gave me an emotional breakdown. 🙂

See you around the forum! God bless you. <333

Mary G
                      @maryg3

@lydia-s

Yeah, you definitely should! It’s a great read!

Rafael is VERY well written!!

Ooo! I’ll have to check those out! I love the characters that make you laugh out loud, cheer on, cry, wring your hands,  and ask yourself, “WHY can’t I go and become a fictional character and live in this book and be a part of it all!!”😩 LOL!

See ya around!

God bless!

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s

@maryg3

Exactly! He’s such a tragic character… He makes me want to shake the main character and jump into the story to fix the mess myself since the MC can’t/won’t. (If it wasn’t for the Book of Truth, I’d really dislike her… She’s already not my fav…) lol

See you! God bless. <333

Mary G
                          @maryg3

IKR!!

Oh wait! I don’t think I asked.  What is your current WIP? 😊 I’d love to hear about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >