goodbye (because saying hullo is too normal)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE goodbye (because saying hullo is too normal)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @lewilliams
      • Total Posts: 252

@relia Yessss precioussss we loves new friendses gollum gollum

*ahem* Hello Relia!! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s so nice to meet you! I can tell we’re going to get along famously–I too am a tea enthusiast and do so appreciate having a Gollum-voice-using-person around. Also #formerlyhomeschooledpeopleunite, you know? 😛

When you aren’t writing, what are some things you like to do for fun? I’m quite into crafting and video games myself, preferably at the same time. 😉

Anyway, it’s so nice to meet you!!! I look forward to seeing you around the forum 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

relia
      @relia
        • Total Posts: 47

@lydia-s

Tolkien forevaaa… I actually got fairly far in learning Sindarin (elven language), and o_o it was tough… eventually gave up and just learned how to use the tengwar (elven scripty thing).

Out of those three… Ella Minnow Pea is a very amusing read, told through postal correspondence, where letters of the alphabet are progressively dropped… yeah it’s hard to explain X’D but a fun, short read.

The Scarlet Letter is definitely heavier, concerning adultery and all that jazz, but is still beautifully written and is a great story.

I was sad cuz I Capture the Castle started off really fun, with sisters and romance and hilarity, and Austen-esque elements… but really made me mad nearing the end because they introduced some things I didn’t feel particularly comfortable with, and messed up my ships so darn bad >:| Still good, but hated the end.

I would say Ella Minnow for a light read, and Scarlet letter for a deeper one.

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@relia

Awesome!!! I’d love to learn elven.

Oh, that’s fascinating! I bet I’d really enjoy reading that.

Right. I feel like I should read it eventually, due to its status as a classic. 😛

Grrr, that’s so sad!!! 🙁

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@relia

XD I love your introduction! As I read it, I was thinking ‘I like this person already’! Loved the Gollum voice too, (it was absolutely hilarious XD ).
            I’m Abigail by the way and if you don’t mind my stealing your awesome idea for introducing one’s self… also get ready for this XD I guess I’m a reader-writer-Christian-poet-artist-illustrator-amateur animator-farmer-horse lover-cat lover-unicorn/centaur/pegasus/kelpie/winged unicorn/any horse creature, lover-Shakelton fan-Russian nature fan-Narnia fan-Star Wars fan-LotR fan-daydreamer-late night person-hide under a stack of hay in the middle of the field at night because laying on a blanket to watch the stars is too normal also, person XD XD Okay, that turned out longer than I planned and probably sounded slightly crazy, but I also promise that I’m normal, (except when I start talking about writing or horses because get me started on either subject and I can’t make any promises XD ).

Alrighty, as for my traditional questions for all new KeePers, what is your favorite setting to write in, and what is your favorite character type? Yeah, they sound boring, but for me, I always get curious about how each writer will answer:)
            Also, sorry if this question was asked before, but what is your current WIP about? If you’d prefer not to share, I totally understand:)

Anyway, welcome! It is amazing to have you here at KP!!! 😀 😀 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Abigail.M..
            • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Abigail.M..
            ella
            @nova21
              • Total Posts: 604

@relia

you sound exactly like my friend Annalise and my sis, lol! (who both do creepy gollum voices😆) i love it!!!!  if ur psycho, then so are my sister and Annalise (and they aren’t because they’re reaaaalllly smart hahaha).

anyways, nice to meet you, i’m ella.  i write dystopian, thriller/suspense, murder mystery, and paranormal fantasy (not evil, tho).  i love running and basketball and working out (when i’m not laid out with a cold).  i go to a classical christian school and last yr my fav subject was geometry.

that’s awesome that u do swimming, a bunch of my friends do.  do u do it competitively?  also, what’s ur fav subject in school?  and what’s ur WIP?

nice to meet you!!

❤-Ella

what we do in life echoes in eternity
              -gladiator, 2000

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms
                • Total Posts: 765

@relia GREETINGS, FELLOW WEIRDO!!! >:3 My name’s Grace, but you can call me Kads if you want! (It’s short for one of my aliases, Kadotake, but my friends on here shortened it to Kads XD) I’ve read a few of the posts on here… and… FELLOW CANADIAN!!! I think there’s literally only one other person on the forum (that i know of anyways) who lives in Canada! XD we’re a minority, wahhhh (BUT CAN POPULATE THE FORUM WITH OUR WEIRDNESS AND FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER)

Ahem. Anyways.  A few questions for ya!

1. Is avocado a fruit? (Technically, there is a right answer to this, but it’s not the one you think and I just wanna see what you’ll say. XD)

2. If above answer was yes, does that mean guacamole is a smoothie?

3. Petition to bring back Middle English (y’know, all the ‘thee, thou, thy’) – yes or no?

4. Do you know what BTS is? (this question’s really more for my own benefit LOL)

5. How long have you been writing for?

6. Are you with me in not liking pasta?

7. Do you watch Bad Lip Reading?

If you’re interested in little old me, here’s a slice of my writing life (hopefully this doesn’t come across selfish, i’m just telling you in case you wanna know XD)

I’m currently working on a 7-book high/epic fantasy series, with the first novel on track to be finished this month! 😀 Aside from that, under a different pen name, I’m writing two Eastern fantasies – one set in dystopian Shanghai, and it’s kind of a retelling of the yin/yang legend – and the other a crime novel set in the greater Tokyo area. If you haven’t figured it out already, I’m a huge Eastern culture nut. (Google ‘weeb’ and ‘koreaboo’ and you’ll know more specifically. XD)

Anyways, enough about me! Looking forwards to MORE ABOUT YOU! 😀 <3

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real
                i'll make the winter now my home

relia
                @relia
                  • Total Posts: 47

For those who asked, my current WIP is like an adventure/fantasy/retelling-inspired-by-the-peloponnesian-war… yeah that sounds confusing, I need to come up with a better way to describe it lol.

And also thanks so much for telling me about yourselves, I may not be able to keep names straight but your writing seems so awesome, your hobbies and interests are awesome, your introductions to me were awesome, you guys are just (you guessed it) awesome!

@lewilliams
                  Besides my obsession with lit, I love travelling, swimming… generally being outdoors also eating cookies… like, lots of them

@abigail-m
                  Ah yes, hiding under a stack of hay, an honorable pastime to be sure XD Hm, my favorite setting is probably extreme weather or disaster. It’s just fun to see how characters react to, say, a tornado. My favorite character type is probably the blunt bossy type. I feel like the brutal honesty is hilarious to write and read, as well as provides clarity.

@nova21
                    Right now I’m actually doing Bronze Cross, which is like a pre lifeguarding course. I’m hoping to get my NL (lifeguarding cert) and swim instructor certs by 2022 tho, so fingers crossed! My favorite subject is probably science? Just because I have an amazing teacher, I would love history and english if they were taught better.

@scripter-of-kingdoms
                  CANADIANS EHHHH PASS THE MAPLE SYRUP PLEASEEE

1. Imo, nope. Green + little kids don’t like it = veggie.

2. Please no ketchup is not a smoothie either ahh

3. Oh, thou hast done a great good in making this petition I shall certainly sign it on condition that I might be permitted to have lapses in grammar from time to time

4. Oh no oh no unfortunately I do one of my friends is obsessed… But most of kpop is literally … in korean… and she doesn’t understand it…

5. Probably since 6? It was horrible though the plot point of my first story was that the mum went into labour and her kid made a stupid rhyme about labour and a harbour even though the two don’t actually rhyme

6. Nope. Cannot relate. I was actually born in Italy so pasta is in my bones… that came out very wrong

7. Hah, yes. We loves some videoss on youtube to waste our timess preciouss

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

Kads
                  @scripter-of-kingdoms
                    • Total Posts: 765

@relia EHHHHH HERE YOU GO, PUT SOME ON YOUR POUTINE EH

Lol, avocados are actually in a fruit subclass called “drupes”. I googled it a long time ago and just wanna see what everyone thinks now.

Okay, okay, fair enough. XD

Thankest thou, thou saucy ill-begotten varlet! 😀 XDDD (and yes, middle english is hard so ofc)

B-but kpop is awesome…. BTS is my favourite band…. it’s not about whether or not you can understand it, it’s about the music itself and what they tried to convey with it, imo.

*cough* If you get me started on talking about BTS, I’ll be talking forever, so imma shut up now. XD

Well- uh- we all have to, uh, start somewhere with our journey of writing. um. yeAh. XDDDDD

Whatttt? That’s so cool! My mom’s been there before, and I’m interested in what it’s like bc my sister is part Italian!

OH MY WORD YASSS.

may i?

but the seagulls, poke at my head, NOT FUN, i said seagulls – hmph – stop it now!

LOL which BLRs have you seen? The star wars ones are complete GOLD. I can literally carry on a convo just in BLR quotes if given the chance. XDDDD

staring at the fields
                    if nothing's really real
                    i'll make the winter now my home

Abigail.M.
                    @abigail-m
                      • Total Posts: 1242

@relia

Your WIP sounds amazing Relia! Ah, yes, this is yet again a very late reply, (I can only escape to the forum to write these only so often during the summer).
                      Haha, yes, tbh I have no idea how anybody ever found me there XD
                      Ooh, I LOVE extreme weather settings!! 😀 I usually employ blizzards and whiteouts and snowstorms and what other words can I use for that winter storm? XD Yeah, I’m a winter fan:) But totally! Watching characters’ reactions to what I throw at them is always fun, *laughs sneakily*, (sorry Mejia).

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >