goodbye (because saying hullo is too normal)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE goodbye (because saying hullo is too normal)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    relia
    @relia
      • Total Posts: 47

We must be weiroes, precioussss

Yeah, you can probably guess a lot about me just from the title and first line ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can call me Relia, I’m an INTP writer currently in need of just some support and laughs, and this seemed like an awesome community so I was like “we needs it preciousss the nice peoplesesss”

Yes I did just say that out loud in a gollum voice

*awkward silence*

Please someone understand me XD

Yup, I’m a (get ready for this) intp-reader-writer-catholic-classiclitlover-typerwriterenthusiast-hiker-biker-roadtripper-artist-fangirl-sister-teadrinker-swimmer-nonresponsible-ocd-calligraphist-plantperson-theaterloving-gollumvoiceperson.

I’ve read a few posts already (cuz you always stalk forums and fandoms for a few weeks before you make yourself known, right?) and boy, do y’all crack me up and then make me feel the warm fuzzies

It’s way too late right now, I don’t even know if that was remotely coherent

You have my most profuse apologies and my utmost thanks for this site that I will now knowing me probably devote my life to

imma end it before I go completely mad… so danke and gute nacht :))

It just struck me that the goodbye in my title is symbolic of the loss of my sanity as my brain deteriorates as the hours advance

(I swear I’m actually an ok person at normal hours XD)

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@relia

I like you already! I also talk like Gollum on a regular basis, and I probably should have a psych evaluation. 😛

May I ask where in the world you come from? Be as vague as you like. I’m from New South Wales, which isn’t in Wales unfortunately, and is actually in Australia. I would love to learn Welsh one day though.

What sort of books (besides LOTR) do you like reading? I’m a fantasy and historical girl mainly and I read a lot of nonfiction and listen to a lot of audiobooks, but I will give pretty much any genre a go.

Hmm…what else can I ask? Oh, are you writing a novel at the moment? If so, what’s it about??

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@relia Hi and welcome! We’re so happy that you’re here! This community is indeed full of fun and awesome people. I like you already XD

I see you love classic lit! What are some of your favorite works?

I see you like to fangirl… What are some fandoms that you’re part of?

Do you like pineapple on pizza?

Do you have any favorite movies?

Aye, once again, lovely to meet you! Hope to see you around!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

relia
          @relia

@seekjustice

I’m from Canada, ehhhhh

I know that isn’t even how you use “eh” (what? we totally don’t cover “eh” in grammar class) but I feel it’s mandatory to stick it in there if you ever mention Canada. Yup, I’m from Ontario, where there be lots of trees, and I do see moose occasionally.

Ooh! But Australia is awesome. Did I just reread your message in an Aussie voice? Yes I just did Are you close to the ocean? And the most important question: Are you sad that Australia is no longer the only country-continent now that Oceania is a thing?

I’m formerly homeschooled, and that came with a wide variety of books (most of which I continue to borrow and devour) so yeah, I’ll read pretty much anything? I must say I have a soft spot for classics like Jane Austen and Les Mis, though. Plus fantasy, if it’s not entirely stereotypical. But the genre I read the most often would have to be mystery, not a day goes by where I don’t read at least a little Sherlock or Poirot or Father Brown.
            I admire you for reading nonfic. I’ve tried, but I just feel like I’m in school, unless I find a topic I absolutely love.

Ha, that brings me to the last question! I love history sooo muchhh, because it’s crazy and I get to imagine in all the details. I’ve had this lifelong obsession with Ancient Greece, especially the Peloponnesian war… so I’m currently writing a fantasy adventure inspired by the conflict between Sparta and Athens. I say inspired by because I stole a few elements of the story and then let my mind turn it crazy, so the premise is based on history but the characters are totally me.

relia
            @relia

@devastate-lasting

Love les miserables – ofc the musical but the book is amazing. Can’t go wrong with Austen, and I love the Odyssey, Illiad… yeah I love a lot lol.

Heheheh *deep breath* lotr (of course), Narnia, Marvel (Lokiiii), The Silver Eye (webcomic, little known but amazing), the Hunger Games (Am I the only one who NOTP’s Everlark?), FTN (Fairy Tale Novels, by Regina Doman? also little known but wonderful) Star wars (not the new ones tho), and a few other ones I haven’t completely devoted my life to?

Besides pineapple on pizza being heresy, I might have to use an epipen, so hard no XD

I just watched Saving Mr Banks and I wept, so that might be my current favorite. It varies from moment to moment…

Lovely to meet you too, I shall be around 😛

Natalie C.
              @nanisnook
                • Total Posts: 154

@relia Thank you SO MUCH for liking Loki! My friends think I’m crazy for liking him, but I think they’re crazy for not, so we’re even.

I’m Natalie and you sound super fun! I really like LotR too, and I may or may not have started laughing hysterically at your Gollum impression XD. Also Star Wars, and no, the new ones are not good. I like the new series(es?) tho. Your WIP sounds very interesting! I love history, too, and am trying very hard to write a medieval novel, but I’m not sure how accurate all the facts are…. Oh well. :’)

I cannot think of any questions (but others on here have super good ones and you’ll probably be getting more soon) so I’m gonna sign off. Nice to meet you!

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@relia Ah, I’ve been meaning to check out Les Miserables! It’s so long though….ah….

Ah yes, LOTR. And I’ve read the Hunger Games trilogy a long time ago. And yes, Star Wars is quite excellent. The new ones are…not. Who are your favorite characters from these?

Le gasp. Heresy? Oh word…

Oh, I’ll have to check out that movie! It sounds very good!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@relia

Hiya! Awesome to have you fellow writer!

Your from Canada? So cool! I’ve been to Canada once and It’s so lovely! I love the open spaces, mountains, and the air smells so fresh and crisp! I’ve wanted to go back ever since.

How long have you been writing? What made you start, and why haven’t you stopped?

Again, great to meet you! Hope to see you around soon!

(btw your introduction made me laugh out loud like, three separate times XD)

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@kathleenramm I think you may have tagged the wrong person! 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jodi Maile
                      @jodi-maile
                        • Total Posts: 138

@relia

Hey there! Welcome to KP! My name is Jodi, and I’m a fantasy/historical fiction/dystopian writer who really likes movies and books. I’m also a plant person, hiker, and biker!

It sounds like you enjoy LOTR. What’s your favorite part of the series?

Where’s your favorite place that you’ve adventured to in real life? And where would you go if you could go to the setting of any story you’ve really liked?

Welcome again! I hope to see you around the forums 🙂

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1379

@relia

Hi, I’m JC! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen. Or, goodbye to you too. 😉

And the first thing I will say is, I’m not so sane either, and I think I can speak for our other friends on here. XD

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@relia

Oooh, Canada looks so beautiful! I really want to visit Canada and Alaska, and the Artic circle. Unfortunately there’s that virus that shall not be named.

Are you close to the ocean?

Hmm, kind of?? Most Australians live on the coast, but I’m a little bit more inland and I hardly ever visit the ocean, so I don’t think of myself as living close to it. it’s a couple hours drive, but very beautiful!

Are you sad that Australia is no longer the only country-continent now that Oceania is a thing?

What??? I shall have to look into this.

I love Les Mis! Its one of my favourite books ever. Oh, and mystery is so good! I used to think I didn’t like mystery, but then I got into mystery tv shows and now I love mystery novels as well! Do you have a favourite subgenre? Mine are definitely medieval mysteries and Australian thriller mysteries.

Oh your book sounds awesome! I may have to definitely read it one day. Your process sounds very similar to mine, my current novel is me snatching inspiration from the lives of 18th century pirates and scientists and making it into an awesome historical fantasy mash up thing.  May I ask if you have a blurb/plot summary thing you would care to share?

Lydia S.
                            @lydia-s
                              • Total Posts: 399

@relia

Hi! Welcome to the KP forum! I’m Lydia.

And you sound like an awesome person! As the others said, I like you already! 😀

I’m guessing you’re a LOTR fan? I am. 😀 (Go Legolas and the elves! *grins sheepishly* That would be my main Tolkien-based fandom shining through 😛 )

Here are a couple questions, if you’d like to answer them:

1) Who are your top three authors?

2) Who is your all-time favorite book character?

3) What are your top three favorite books?

It’s awesome to meet you! Can’t wait to get to know you. 😀

relia
                              @relia

@nanisnook

Nice to meet you too!

@devastate-lasting

Favs… LOTR: Gandalf, Hunger Games: Johanna, and Star Wars: Darth Vader… or maybe R2?

@kathleenramm

The first time I remember writing a story was when I was… idk, 6? To be clear tho, my writing habits were extremely sporadic until I turned 13 a few years ago. I don’t know if I even could stop, because my head would probably explode with ideas if I didn’t get them out in some way, shape, or form. My characters demand to be set free, lol. (And also, saying “I’m a writer” is a great excuse for when people think you’re insane, am I right?)

@jodi-maile

Best part of LOTR… this is so hard… though I have the ultimate soft spot for the end, when Sam carries Frodo. Jk we loves it when Gollum is dumb and falls into Mount Doom preciousss  

Favorite real life place is the Rockies. I will never fail to be amazed by the sheer height of them. I’d totally wanna Aslan’s country (that’s kinda cheating since it’s pretty much heaven, but imma go with that anyways), I’ve always loved the comparison that it was like the previous world had been a dream, compared to the clarity there.

@joy-caroline

Thanks! Hehe yes us writers tend to be an odd bunch 😛

@seekjustice

Now I really wanna read yours toooooo! I do not have a blurb as of yet. (I am extremely cagey, but that’s just because if my brother hears anything literally our entire neighbourhood will know about it and his erroneous speculations before nightfall.) That’s actually a great idea though, so imma write one now.

@lydia-s

Top three authors would be Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and GK Chesterton. They’re all amazing writers, with Narnia and Middle Earth being some of the most amazing stories of all time. And even though most of Chesterton’s work is nonfiction, he and his apologetics are so. witty.

Top book character… ahh… oh no… I feel like saying Elizabeth Bennett because I can relate to her on so many levels yes I did just say I relate to being prejudiced and prideful, where is my PR team to stop me 

I literally cannot answer as to my top three books. I just can’t. Three ones I’ve enjoyed and read in the past month, however, are Ella Minnow Pea, I Capture the Castle, and The Scarlet Letter.

Thanks to everyone, you guys are so welcoming! See ya soon! 🙂

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s
                                  • Total Posts: 399

@relia

I love Tolkien and Lewis! In my humble opinion, Tolkien was one of, if not the best fiction writer of the twentieth century. Just the number of languages and dialects he came up with is mind-boggling. If I can become a fraction of the writer he was, I will be one happy girl. 😛

Lizzie is a ton of fun! I love P&P. Don’t worry, I’ll keep your secret. 😉

I have not read any of those! Is there one you suggest more than the others?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >