Favorite Fonts

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

@madelyn

Yup! FontSpace is definitely helpful! I’m glad you like those fonts! 😀

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@joy-caroline I use the default on my computer, called calibri body, for my stories, but I love using whatever font I can find for my titles/chapter headings. (Also, I’ve never used comic sans–it’s too roundish and would work better for a graphic novel, which I can’t exactly create on Word, which is what I use to write.) I find that font easy to write in (also, I find serifs a little too formal for my often comedic stories and fanfics.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@joy-caroline SAME! At first, I just used TNR and would switch up the fonts for chapter headers and get creative w/ stuff like that…but then once I started writing with multiple first-person POVs, I’d change the font for each character. There really is something about fonts that change the whole aesthetic of the story!

Now, each character has their own font…Rina’s is Book Antiqua, Keaton’s is Century, Xavier’s is Perpetua, etc. And I have my own font, which I write pretty much everything else in (+ Crimson’s POV), which is Linux Libertine G. I also like Glacial Indifference and Mistrully, which I’m gonna start using on my website.

When I use Google Docs, I prefer EB Garamond and Spectral. Arial and Comic Sans make me gag.

@devastate-lasting
          Ugh, I love all of those!! I’m currently using High Tower Text for Daisy’s POV.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Jodi Maile
          @jodi-maile
            • Total Posts: 138

@joy-caroline Great question! I use Times New Roman and pretty much nothing else…it actually might be a good idea to switch up the font I use, since I’ve used Times New Roman through all of college and it might not be helping my brain be creative, since it’s ingrained in my memory as an academic font lol

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@madelyn

Hmm, I think I’ll have to try one of the suggested fonts for my chapter headings, then!

*hides* I’m gonna pretend you’re the only one who gets distracted looking at fonts….

@lewilliams

*chokes* I’ve got to give you credit for actually using Comic Sans. I couldn’t do it. I feel queasy just looking at that font. 😂

But seriously, if it helps ya be creative with your writing, I say whatever works! You go with that Comic Sans! 😎

Anonymous

@keilah-h

I really need to find some chapter heading fonts after this! Y’all have convinced me. XD

Very wise not to use Comic Sans. It just drives me nuts. *eyes watering just thinking about it* Yeah, besides just being an ugly font, it seems like it could be suited for superhero comics or children’s books.

@gracie-j

You’re so right! Fonts just change the whole vibe while writing in general.

Ooh, Mistrully and Glacial Indifference are so pretty together! Your website is gonna look even more amazing than it does already! 😍

YES YES YES. Arial and Comic Sans… just ugh. 🤢 I could never write in either of those.

@jodi-maile

Same here! All my teachers require us to use Times New Roman for literally every assignment. Maybe that’s why I quit using it for writing, ’cause it reminds me of drooping miserably over APWH. 😂

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j
                  • Total Posts: 1789

@joy-caroline THANK YOU! I’m sooo glad you think so!

*shudders* Ugh, I know.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kads
                  @scripter-of-kingdoms
                    • Total Posts: 765

@joy-caroline I use Lucida Bright for my fantasy stuff, and strangely enough, get a lot of compliments on how it looks! XDDDD For my crime novel I’m using Californian FB, and for my backburnered project, Book Antiqua. 🙂

staring at the fields
                    if nothing's really real
                    i'll make the winter now my home

Anonymous

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Ooh, I like Lucida Bright! I’ll have to test it out. I also like Californian FB.

Elfwing
                      @elfwing
                        • Total Posts: 486

@joy-caroline

Well….. I am pretty basic with fonts… but as said by @writerlexi1216 changing fonts is like magic!!! It has helped me get past writer’s block, too.

@nova21
                        I wonder if it’s because it’s easy to do and something simple to control. It usually doesn’t take a lot of brainpower like story plotting does.

For all my books: Arial for the text, it’s easy to read. XD

I really like Bilbo and Dancing Script for intros, Eagle Lake for headings, Gabriola and Waiting for the Sunrise for diary entries/letters/notes

For my sci-fi: all the above categories except notes ( for that I use Walter Turncoat) would be in Oswald

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Anonymous

@elfwing

I wonder what the science is behind fonts… XD

Elfwing
                          @elfwing
                            • Total Posts: 486

@joy-caroline

It’s power of the mind, my friend. Power of the mind… XD

and also some do look a lot more classy than others…

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Anonymous

@elfwing

So true! XD

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >