Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 6,241 through 6,255 (of 6,293 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1555

@ellette-giselle

Leo

He’d been right.

“Rory, sit down please.” His voice was low, calm. “There are no cameras in this hall, or mics in this room. I’ve checked before for Quincy. So unless you’re bugged yourself, we’re still good. Which, if you are bugged, don’t worry. I’ve worked pest control before. There’s only One all-seeing, and He happens to be on our side.” Leo smiled a little tightly.

“Trust me kid, if I get tracked down it’s not because of anything you’ve done. Don’t you worry about Silvia and Quincy either. We’ve got more backup plans than letters to name them after. Wait a moment.”

He went to the door, and opening it looked out. He stood listening, then closed it and returned to his seat. “Look kid, we got a few more minutes before I’m expected to pick up another work order. Do you need to disappear? Find a safe place? Plan rebellion? Because your’s wouldn’t be the first government I’ve made mad.” He grinned.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ellette Giselle
      @ellette-giselle
        • Total Posts: 1072

@koshka

Leo is greatest! I wish I could steal him and put him in my book.

Rory

Roy looked up at Leo. The tone he used when he said “your’s wouldn’t be the first government I’ve made mad.” and the grin on his face made Rory burst out laughing. Then he began crying again and then started laughing. He choked and put his hands over his face. It felt like all the emotions he had held back for so long had finally decided to start a mutiny and he was a total wreck.

At last he calmed himself down and faced Leo. “I guess for now I need to stay low. I don’t know if there are any Agents here.” His throat tightened as he thought of them. “They’re generally only a few years older then I am, and they could certainly pass for senior students. The problem is, by the time I recognized one it would be too late.” Rory rubbed his hand over his face. “As for planning a rebellion, I’m not sure if that would do any good. There are several branches of rebels out there, I’m sure of it. Problem is, they’d kill me before I could get close. To them I’m an enemy, and waiting to ask questions could get them and their families wiped out. Plus, I don’t even know where I am. I guess a safe place would be nice but…” Rory looked longingly at the newly replaced light bulb, and as he did, a thought came to him. He turned to Leo, and almost pleading look in his eyes. “If you really know how to stay out of trouble and you are sure you could get away… well… was I actually helping you when I held the chair steady? I’m a fast learner, and I know how to act older then my age. Couldn’t you take me on as your assistant? I’d feel much safer with you.”

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 3141

@rae

Hugo

Hugo raised a hand for her to pause, and took a long sip of his tea. His eyes glittered with mischief over the rim. “I think you’ve said that five or six times.”

Nar tugged at her hair, self-conscious.

“It’s important to you. Look, if it makes you feel better, I’m not too worried about it. He isn’t trying to kill me, right? Lots of people have tried to kill me in very grotesque ways, ways which I never care to extrapolate upon,” he said. He brushed over his mouth with his sleeve and lowered the mug. “This’ll blow over.”

“Everything is a mountain”

RAE
          @rae
            • Total Posts: 3554

@whalekeeper

Nar

She sighed. “I guess. What is the matter with my family! Alpha is…well, Alpha. Nathan is so nerdy you can’t hold a decent conversation with him. Marco is just an idiot and Nar is so cute that you can never say no!”

“You got that right. Those blue eyes, chubby cheeks and little button nose are adorable.”

Nar swung around in surprise, her head colliding with Alpha’s chest. Alpha pushed her gently back. “Woah there, you okay?”

Nar rubbed her head. “When did you get here?”

“A few seconds ago. Here, I got you a dress to wear to the dance. You’re going with Hugo, right?” Alpha handed Nar a gift bag with a clothing store name printed on the side.

Nar took it. “Don’t be mad, but I am.”

“Perfect! I didn’t make a mistake then!”

Nar looked at Apha as if he had lost his mind. Alpha ignored her, looking at Hugo. “Hey, remember when you bought Nar that pastry? I was wondering if guys are supposed to do that for girls in this culture. I was hoping you’d know.”

Sorry, I wasn’t sure what else to do. He’ll probably leave after Nar teases him about having a girl for the dance XD

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

RAE
            @rae

Alpha being awkward again.

@loopylin

Remember when he left money under Dante’s pillow after hearing a little girl talking about the tooth fairy! XD

whaley
              @whalekeeper

@rae

Alpha being awkward again.

Sociability is not his strong suit XD

Hugo

“Do what seems kind,” Hugo said. “And if you know her well, prove it.”

Loopy
                @loopylin
                  • Total Posts: 2334

@rae

Yes lol

Writing Dante’s confusion was fun

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

RAE
                  @rae

@whalekeeper

Alpha

“Um…how does this culture define kindness?”

“Wait, Alpha, do you have a crush?!” Nar was almost shaking with anticipation to his answer.

Alpha looked confused. “Crush? No! I’m not crushed, what makes you ask?”

“No, silly! A crush is…I was asking if you have a girl you like!”

Alpha’s expression changed to an unreadable mix.

“There is! There is!” Nar almost,shrieked with excitement. “Who is she? What’s she like? Is she really pretty?”

Alpha looked like an angry cat. “Do you really expect me to answer those?” He grumbled.

“Just answer me one, are you two going to the dance?”

“She invited me, yes.”

Nar shrieked. “Alpha’s going to the dance! Alpha’s going to the dance!”

“Oh, be quiet.”

“What are you wearing? Are you going to bring her flowers?” Nar bombarded him with more questions. “What’s in the bag?” She pointed at a bag that looked exactly like hers, clenched in a tight fist. “Is it a suit?”

Alpha growled. “Leave me alone. I answered your question.” Alpha turned and walked away, making sure his sister wouldn’t follow.

“Hugo, can you believe it! Alpha has a date! This’ll be his first, too!” Nar hugged herself in excitement.

whaley
                    @whalekeeper

@rae

Hugo

Hugo looked up from flipping through a book, amused by the scene. “You’d better not give him too hard of a time.”

Nar bounced on her feet.

“And,” Hugo added, “many people go together just for the social event.”

As he said it, he struggled to picture Alpha partying with the masses. What would that look like? He shook his head and returned to skimming utopian economics.

Koshka
                      @koshka

@ellette-giselle

Sorry it’s mostly Leo jabbering..

Leo

He stared at Rory for a moment, then slowly smiled. Didn’t Silvia always say God had a sense of humor?

“Yes Rory, you’ll be safe with me, Lord willing. I may need an assistant, who knows? However, our first priority is to get you out of this building undetected. We can figure out the paperwork later.” He went to check the door again, then started pacing. “I assume your superiors know you are enrolled here, probably signed your paperwork, and that these agents you mentioned are on the lookout for any escape attempts. We don’t know what these guys look like, or where they are. Now, the police here are good people, but they don’t understand me and I’d rather not get in a tangle.”

He stopped in front of the window with his hands clasped behind his back. For several minutes he stood there, staring with blankly as he absently fingered the closed blinds. He pulled a small tablet out of his belt, tapped at it, and slid it back.

Finally Leo turned around.

“Come on. I’ve taken a work order carrying some broken table to the back alley, but I’ve got to get my stuff out of the break room. You got anything in the dorms we need to nab on the way out?”

Ellette Giselle
                        @ellette-giselle

@koshka

are you wanting Rory to make it out? I’m assuming not, because if he does where would he go? I’ll foil things for the moment, but not to badly. Then he still can get out if you really wanted him to. Forgive me for moving Leo again. 😬

Rory

For moment Roy just stared at Leo. His head was spinning and he was totally trying to put the pieces together. Leo had just told him yes he could work with him, and now he’s trying to get him out of the building. How was this supposed to work? And once he was out where would he go? Relief, confusion, terror, and Hope we’re all tumbling about in a tangle within him. The minute Leo had said the word “police” Rory had nearly bolted. Police worked hand in hand with the Agents. However, Leo decided against the idea of police so Rory settled down a little. He watched Leo, trying to figure out how the older boy could be so calm and clear in a situation like this.  And some of the expressions Leo used… Rory would have to ask him about that later.

Leo turned around.

“Come on. I’ve taken a work order carrying some broken table to the back alley, but I’ve got to get my stuff out of the break room. You got anything in the dorms we need to nab on the way out?”

Rory carefully stood up, and nearly fell. He steadied himself and pressed his hands to his aching head. All the crying after so long of forcing his tears back had seriously done him in.

“Yes… I have clothing in there… and some other things. I don’t remember all of it.”

Leo nodded and checked the door. There was no one in the hall, so He stepped out. Leo headed up the hall, and Rory trailed behind. When they reached Rory’s hallway the boy pushed ahead. He turned the corner and immediately jerked back, slamming into Leo. Rory grabbed the older boy and tried to push him back down the hall.
                          The image of the two older teens lounging beside Rory’s door was seared into his memory. The narrowed eyes, the cool calm and authority, the underlying cruelty… it was all horribly familiar.

[dun dun dun! 😝]

btw, feel free to move Rory. Also, if you feel confident with his voice you can have him talk if it makes it easier to RP

Koshka
                          @koshka

@ellette-giselle

This’ll be fun.

I was thinking they’d get out, but not easily (so we can have more fun), but if you have another idea, please go ahead. Leo’s focus right now is getting Rory and himself out the mess they’re in. Where would they go? That depends on what you want to do. They could go to Leo’s apartment, or hanger, or somewhere else.

I want to get Leo’s “stuff” before certain trouble breaks out. It

I don’t want to do something with your character that you don’t want. I’m also not trying to pull him from the school (unless you want that?) but I’m pretty sure that’s what the ultimate result would be for most of Leo’s methods.

Then again, there have literally been battles going on in this school and like, one student got suspended?

I don’t know if any of that made sense. XD

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@koshka

as long as we’re “allowed” to RP out of the school then yeah no problem. we can go wherever Leo wants to take him! By all means, pull Rory out of school! It’s better for him. Lol

Sounds  like a plan! Now that we’ve established that there are Agents on school grounds Leo can get his stuff and try to get out.

Koshka
                              @koshka

@ellette-giselle

Leo

Rory slammed into him. He gasped and stumbled backward, snagging a doorknob to keep from falling.

The door opened behind him and he went down, pulling Rory with him. An assortment of mops and and cleaning supplies caught his fall.

A janitor’s closet.

Quickly, Leo pushed the door shut with his boot. They sat in silence for a moment.

Then Leo slowly stood up and switched on a pocket flashlight. “What just happened?”

Koshka
                                @koshka

@ellette-giselle

We’re allowed to, it’s just sort of the basis for why everyone’s here. Plus we’d still be pretty connected to the school.

Gotcha. Let’s go fluster some bad guys.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,241 through 6,255 (of 6,293 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >