Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 6,196 through 6,210 (of 6,293 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 1072

@keilah-h

I agree.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3141

@keilah-h @ellette-giselle

I think “damsel in distress” can very easily be messed up because it automatically takes away the damsel’s agency in the situation, usually speaking. But I would love to see situations where it isn’t so biased towards the damsel’s savior – like maybe the damsel holds the emotional weight of the story in her hands, to do with what she decides, even if she is physically in a tower. I would like to see something like that.

What are y’all’s thoughts on disregarding the male/female traditional tropes sometimes? Because I know religiously some people are against it. I like the idea of it, if it accomplishes interesting characterization, but I’m curious if other people approach it with more objectivity.

“Everything is a mountain”

Ellette Giselle
        @ellette-giselle

@whalekeeper

What are y’all’s thoughts on disregarding the male/female traditional tropes sometimes? Because I know religiously some people are against it. I like the idea of it, if it accomplishes interesting characterization, but I’m curious if other people approach it with more objectivity.

Do you mind explaining what you mean by this for the simple minded me….. who cannot make sense of this head or tail, no matter how many times I read it. lol.

Also, are we about to blow up the school with this conversation? I wouldn’t want to make it so people who just want to RP have to weed through all this.

whaley
          @whalekeeper

Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂

whaley
            @whalekeeper

@ellette-giselle

Oh okay, I’ll take it to another thread. Lemme figure it out.

Ellette Giselle
              @ellette-giselle

@whalekeeper

Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂

I like writing guys best too. lol.

whaley
                @whalekeeper

@ellette-giselle

I like writing guys best too. lol.

Yes, a group of misfit dudes is so good. It’s like, the comfort food of fiction. 🥹

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4721

@whalekeeper CHARRIE TEAMS YESSSSSSS

The Guardians of the Galaxy. The Bad Batch (technically they’re a ragtag group of misfits if you really think about it). Team Fortress (I won’t talk about them much here, but it doesn’t change the fact that they completely fit the description). The Dragonets of Destiny from Wings of Fire (again, won’t talk much on them but they fit the bill too). The Order of the Seven (from an eponymous book series that is COMPLETELY AMAZING). Sometimes in my old Jurassic World fanfics I made Owen’s Raptors an odd team (and often added to their numbers).

All this to say, I could probably fill a page with teams of characters alone.

What I love personally, though? Since I’m a fanfic writer, I pull a charrie from each team, stick them all together, and hope they don’t kill each other. Little hard when I forget that a solid percentage of my favorites these days are off their rockers insane–which happens a lot–but we manage with not much more than broken bones, usually.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3554

@whalekeeper

You not in mood to rp?

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Loopy
                      @loopylin
                        • Total Posts: 2334

@calyhuge

*tries to compute* @loopy, Dante is yours right?

yayy you remembered me 🎉

Im not actually sure what’s going on. You had a plan for some characters to meet or something?

Dante 

“This is so dumb,” Dante muttered to himself, smiling. He chuckled, pocketing a few trinkets from the shelves, then followed the others out of the store.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2334

@ellette-giselle @koshka @keilah-h @calyhuge

This group is kinda big and I’m getting a bit confused. Is it alright if we split up? If no you can ignore this rp

The Twins 

The girls crept closer to Leo, getting a bit overwhelmed by all the new people showing up, Ellie especially.

“Hey, Leo,” Ed said, “Wanna show us where the kindergarten classroom is?”

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Ellette Giselle
                          @ellette-giselle

I’m fine with it! Glad someone finally RPd!

@koshka
                            @keilah-h @calyhuge @loopylin

Rory

Rory carefully moved so that his back was to the wall. The amount of people was starting to feel dangerous, especially since Rory could sense mots of them would be handy in a fight. He was still trying to get over the fact that strangers greeted each other here with handshakes, not bullets.

“Hey, Leo,” Ed said, “Wanna show us where the kindergarten classroom is?”

Rory looked over at Leo. If he was leaving, Rory would go with him. He didn’t want to lose track of the young man who seemed to offer a strange sense of stability in this storm.

Koshka
                            @koshka
                              • Total Posts: 1555

@keilah-h @calyhuge @loopylin @ellette-giselle

*Nearly tags myself on accident*

Leo

“Sure.” He smiled down at the girls. Their tails were something to get used to, but he had seen weirder things here.

The hall was long and curved, so that in a few paces they had lost sight of the others. Soon the somber red doors have way to bright yellows and pinks. The sound of a teacher’s animated voice interspersed with childish laughter.

Leo smiled. They had come to an open door covered with large paper frogs. Inside a chorus of children were working their way through a simple rhyme. A middle-aged woman was leading them around the room, waving a stick with a water lilly taped to it’s end.

She spotted Leo, finished the lap around the room, and instructed the kids to “find your Lilly pads” before coming to the door.

In a few minutes Ms. Charlie had the kid settled down in with a plate of cookies. He waved bye to Leo with a satisfied grin.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle

@koshka @keilah-h @calyhuge @loopylin

Rory

Rory trailed behind Leo and the girls, lost in his own whirlwind of thoughts. He finally noticed they had come to a stop and looked up.

They had come to an open door covered with large paper frogs. Inside a chorus of children were working their way through a simple rhyme. A middle-aged woman was leading them around the room, waving a stick with a water lilly taped to it’s end.

Rory stared at the children, and as he watched, a tightness came to his throat and his eyes burned. They were so young and happy. They could laugh and sing, and a few were even goofing off. It had not been this way when Rory had been a child in Academy. No, he would have faced serious trouble for acting this way. He had been forced to become an adult far faster then any child ever should, and in a very twisted way.

A woman had come to take Leo’s little brother, and soon the boy was seated with a plate of cookies. He turned and waved to Leo with a huge grin on his face.

All at once Rory’s eyes flooded with tears and his breath hitched in his throat. Stop it! Don’t do this! Not here! Not now! Don’t go back there!

Large, innocent eyes.

Stop it!

Small mouth opened slightly with confusion.

No! No go away!

Small hands hiding a little face.

Stop! Please!

Large eyes peeking through tiny fingers…

Rory swallowed hard several times and stepped back, coming up against the wall. Please not now! Please stop! please!

whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@rae

I will figure it out soon.

@koshka
                                  @loopylin @ellette-giselle

Marcel

After floating to their classroom, the children begged Marcel to stay for snacktime. Ms. Charles was more than happy to oblige them, and the boy crouched upon one of the lily pads, chewing absently on a graham cracker.

The students from the basement stopped by, and dropped off a kindergartener. Marcel waved. “Now this is where you get free food. These are my homies.”

A couple kids scrambled to sit on Marcel’s lily pad.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,196 through 6,210 (of 6,293 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >